ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Walker Not Returning to Florida

MWes11

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2012
Per, Evan Daniels. I really thought this kid could be a special player coming out of high school. Missed on that one. Maybe that is why Cal never recruited him hard.

Pretty telling when you are a top 10 recruit begging for Calipari to look your way and all you hear is crickets. I think this kid has had issues for a while now.

Wish the kid no will ill sounds like he has had really tough upbringing. No need to hate.

I agree. His recruitment and time at UF sure was puzzling to the outsider but I have nothing to hold against the kid and hope he is making the right decision for himself. He may have some issues to deal with in his life and just hope he comes through it all just fine.

He has as much raw talent as anyone I've ever seen play. But the key word there is raw, raw, raw. I went to the practice session at the North Texas Final Four in 2014 and was watching him practice with the Gators. He was incredible, draining rainbow threes from 30 feet out, dunking at eye level with the basket, etc. But every time I've seen him in an actual game, he has looked completely lost.

He has as much raw talent as anyone I've ever seen play. But the key word there is raw, raw, raw. I went to the practice session at the North Texas Final Four in 2014 and was watching him practice with the Gators. He was incredible, draining rainbow threes from 30 feet out, dunking at eye level with the basket, etc. But every time I've seen him in an actual game, he has looked completely lost.
Totally agree with this. It is hard to imagine someone with that much talent being a complete bust (to this point), but it just goes to show you how important the mental game is in sports. I watched the kid in all-star games and other situations that did not matter, and he looked destined to be a star. Just effortless. Obviously that did not carry over.

He's got to be one of the most underachieving players in recent history, especially as compared with his hype coming out of high school. And the crazy thing is, he seemed like he was a can't miss kind of guy. Great size, great length, great athleticism. It just doesn't make sense. In the words of Tubby Smith, "He looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane."

Totally agree with this. It is hard to imagine someone with that much talent being a complete bust (to this point), but it just goes to show you how important the mental game is in sports. I watched the kid in all-star games and other situations that did not matter, and he looked destined to be a star. Just effortless. Obviously that did not carry over.

Wow this is shocking. He would clearly be starting this season and one wonders if Donovan may actually be out of there like has been rumored. I didn't believe it before but now this story might be real.

If Munster goes to the OKC Thunder, then he will be able to transfer anywhere he likes.
Good Point. Would he be eligible immediately? Any chance, if we strike out on Diallo, that we actually bring him in? Could Cal bring out the best in him?

Good Point. Would he be eligible immediately? Any chance, if we strike out on Diallo, that we actually bring him in? Could Cal bring out the best in him?
A coaching change has no impact on transfer rules.

A coaching change has no impact on transfer rules.
Oh yeah, you're right. I guess if Donovan left, then he could transfer anywhere he wants without restrictions. Would still have to sit out.

I look for Antigua to go after him
Great call.

Part of me would like to see the kid just go get drafted and start making some money. I've always pulled for him. Seems like a good dude from a rough situation.

Has all the talent in the world. If he put it together, he's a top-3 draft pick, but instead he's looking at second round, D-League, or Europe. The difference in great and lost in the shuffle is so narrow in sports.

Chris Walker to the NBA Draft. Went from future lottery pick, to possibly drafted on potential. Crazy turn of events.

Yeah, just confirmed that he declared for the draft. Showed glimpses here and there, but they were few and far between.

According to KSR, it was not his choice.
Look, I don't know anything for sure, but there have been rumblings for a few weeks that Chris had
academic difficulties and was just waiting for his grades to decide on staying or going. Don't know if the
semester has ended yet, but its close enough to know the outcome. As I said, this is just talk.

ncb_u_walkcts_600x400.jpg

Walker announced he is declaring for the NBA Draft, which seems like a bad idea considering how far his stock has fallen in two years, but it may have been one of his few remaining options. Jeff Goodman is reporting that Walker wasn’t going back to Florida, and that wasn’t his choice. Walker had a tumultuous two seasons in Gainesville, and it appears Billy Donovan was ready to move on.

Look, I don't know anything for sure, but there have been rumblings for a few weeks that Chris had
academic difficulties and was just waiting for his grades to decide on staying or going. Don't know if the
semester has ended yet, but its close enough to know the outcome. As I said, this is just talk.

Certainly could be the case. If so though, people like Jeff Goodman are being quite disingenuous when they say it wasn't his choice. its implying other things.

Pick a team.... I bet you have a house divided liscense plate on your mini van.:rolleyes:

Pick a team.... I bet you have a house divided liscense plate on your mini van.:rolleyes:
My family is from Central Ohio, so I grew up watching Ohio State football. Then we moved to Kentucky when I was in middle school in the early 90s, at which point I became a huge Kentucky fan. And, perhaps most importantly, I attended both schools (one for undergrad and the other for law school).

I should put this explanation on my profile so I don't have to explain this over and over. :confused:

And for the record, I am a single attorney in Washington DC, so I don't have a minivan. In fact, I don't even have a car...I have a BMW motorcycle. :p

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT