ADVERTISEMENT

Chaz Lanier to visit Mon

If Lanier's dad is a preacher, I could see him hitting it off with Barnes. Barnes is a devout Christian.

I would be interesting to hear what Lanier's family has to say about LDS.

If he leaves here and heads to see the Vols, I don’t like our chances. I feel the only reason he’s here is because we’ve been competitive on NIL. Vols have just as much money as we do and they have a HOF coach that has been known to help with defense and fixing shots.

My gut just says that’s too much if all we have to offer is just money and an unproven coach.
I think this is the most likely scenario. Pope has not gotten any players that visited another school after us. Carr cancelled his Villanova visit. Plus, TN has the home state advantage and just did really well with Knecht.

I think this is the most likely scenario. Pope has not gotten any players that visited another school after us. Carr cancelled his Villanova visit. Plus, TN has the home state advantage and just did really well with Knecht.
Maybe.

The order of visits are rather arbitrary in the portal era. Garrison and Butler didn't even visit here when they committed.

Lanier is going to give the home state the last word, and rightfully so. UTK can pay him close to what UK has offered in terms of NIL. That said, I think Lanier visiting UT last doesn't mean much. They've been the perceived heavy favorite the whole time. UK has made up enough ground to terrify the UT staff.

There has never been a really effective full-game, full court press that wasn't a zone trap press. A man-to-man full court press is hardly more than harassment. A well played zone trap press creates turnovers, almost always from bad passes out of a trap double-team.
Just MHO, of course.
Go 'Cats ! ! !
Arkansas under Nolan ran a man-to-man pretty well! Plus the press takes time off the shot clock, tires the primary ball handler mentally and physically, and tends to speed up the game. I too like a zone trap defense. With our depth, you could employ both types.

Also because the press is not used today as it was in the past, it might be even more effective.

Drive up the price. Eventually teams will stop trying to compete because they know if we are involved it will cost them too much. As soon as they put UK on their interest list it will cost the other teams more than they originally planned. Can other teams compete with that asking price year in and year out? I don't know but we are going to find out.

No, he was supposed to visit Nova, but ended up committing beforehand. News of his commitment publicly broke during the time he would have been at Nova.
I thought I remember a tweet of him being driven on a golf cart around Villanova’s campus, and it being from Villanova fan page saying something like “Carr has arrived.”

Per Trilly this morning

UK-40
UT-35
BYU-25
img_3151-jpeg.578362

Last edited:
Carr Did not (NOT Cancel) his visit. There are pics of him on a golf cart at Villanova after he visited here. Not sure wehre you are getting your info.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
No, he was supposed to visit Nova, but ended up committing beforehand. News of his commitment publicly broke during the time he would have been at Nova.
No he 100% visited after his kentucky visit. Go back and check things out. He came here, then went there for a visit and then committed to KENTUCKY.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
Ouch - killed your whole theory
A discredited picture and people with no actual proof he took the visit killed it? Seems odd he would be visiting Nova at the same time we was announcing his commitment to UK.

"Hey guys, I'm at Nova to announce my commitment to UK!"

A discredited picture and people with no actual proof he took the visit killed it? Seems odd he would be visiting Nova at the same time we was announcing his commitment to UK.

"Hey guys, I'm at Nova to announce my commitment to UK!"

"They still took their scheduled visit to Villanova on Sunday, but their minds were already made up."

• Haha
Reactions: Ron Mehico
In your scenario the Carr family would have lied about taking a visit to Nova to Kyle Tucker. Why on God's flat earth would they do that for?
Who said they lied? Sometimes, the wrong things get reported. It's life.

His alleged visit to Nova would have started mid afternoon, which was when the picture thought to be him on the golf cart leaked. However, very shortly after that was when the boom tweet posted, and then a bit later his commitment was publicly announced. So, he basically traveled to Nova for a 2 hour visit and commited to UK while literally in the process of touring their campus?

Here's the problem he won't have time to visit Tennessee before the dead period. If he does it would only be for a few hours on Tuesday. He would have to wait 10 days before he could take a full OV. I don't think this thing goes that long. Now if he waits and does take a visit after the dead period ends then that could be a problem.
To visit or not to visit.

His alleged visit to Nova would have started mid afternoon, which was when the picture thought to be him on the golf cart leaked. However, very shortly after that was when the boom tweet posted, and then a bit later his commitment was publicly announced. So, he basically traveled to Nova for a 2 hour visit and commited to UK while literally in the process of touring their campus?
That's believable.

Dude, give up. You are looking more and more ridiculous. Separately, what are you trying to say? If a recruit visits another school after our visit we should just turn them loose? Wtf

Dude, give up. You are looking more and more ridiculous. Separately, what are you trying to say? If a recruit visits another school after our visit we should just turn them loose? Wtf
Not at all. I have a bunch of dudes convinced he took a visit they have no actual evidence of him taking. There is a discredited photo of a tall white dude being driven around nova. His face is partially covered and the photo quality is awful. So it's certainly not evidence of Carr.

Lol, when did acknowledging we don't have a great track record with transfers who visit other schools after us saying we should just turn them loose? Some of you guys make these very illogical leaps from one extreme spectrum to the other without considering everything that can exist in between.

Not at all. I have a bunch of dudes convinced he took a visit they have no actual evidence of him taking. There is a discredited photo of a tall white dude being driven around nova. His face is partially covered and the photo quality is awful. So it's certainly not evidence of Carr.

Lol, when did acknowledging we don't have a great track record with transfers who visit other schools after us saying we should just turn them loose? Some of you guys make these very illogical leaps from one extreme spectrum to the other without considering everything that can exist in between.
Here is a article posted in the New York Times, written by Tucker which quite literally says he took a visit to nova

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT