ADVERTISEMENT

Chaz Lanier to visit Mon

It is but Chandler if he gets anywhere close to what he is capable of is better than Krisa
Chandlers going to be a good one but he’s a year or two away from being close to Kerr. He’s done it at a high level for the last four years and Chandler has been on his mission for the last two. I agree he has some really good potential but it’s not close right now. Will be a great year to learn under some really great college players for sure.

I would definitely take Krissa over:

Ryan Harrow
Isiah Briscoe
Ashton Hagan
Devin Askew
DJ Wagner
Savier Wheeler
Quade Green
All day every day. I have no idea where the hates coming from, we’re getting a great guard who’s going to be giving his absolute best in his last year to help him with his future. He’s been pretty damn solid his whole career as well. I really think he’ll thrive under this staff. We’ll see I suppose.

All day every day. I have no idea where the hates coming from, we’re getting a great guard who’s going to be giving his absolute best in his last year to help him with his future. He’s been pretty damn solid his whole career as well. I really think he’ll thrive under this staff. We’ll see I suppose.
He plays out of control a lot, and fizzles out towards the end of season a lot. His Arizona time he had mathurin who carried them. He isn’t a bad player, i would just want somebody else over him

Reactions: Fox2monk
He plays out of control a lot, and fizzles out towards the end of season a lot. His Arizona time he had mathurin who carried them. He isn’t a bad player, i would just want somebody else over him
He’s not bad for a backup guard.

He’s probably going to play off the ball a lot, which will cut down his turnovers some. He’s better as a spot up shooter than trying to create for others.

He’s not bad for a backup guard.

He’s probably going to play off the ball a lot, which will cut down his turnovers some. He’s better as a spot up shooter than trying to create for others.
Agree, play making and ball handling is gonna be by committee

BYU isn't going to outbid Kentucky.

It's just not going to happen.

You know I’d bet you’d be surprised. If the BYU church is truly the “Mormon” university that’s about a trillion untaxed dollars the church could push around if they really wanted to. Almost like Notre Dame and the Catholics. Doubt they care that much about sports but those schools probably have a shocking amount of money at their disposal.

You know I’d bet you’d be surprised. If the BYU church is truly the “Mormon” university that’s about a trillion untaxed dollars the church could push around if they really wanted to. Almost like Notre Dame and the Catholics. Doubt they care that much about sports but those schools probably have a shocking amount of money at their disposal.
Yeah - BYU almost certainly has deeper pockets… but it’s the code of conduct

The LDS church is extremely wealthy. To receive "exaltation in the celestial kingdom" one must tithe. It puts a different level of importance on tithing than does Christianity.

Imagine being a UT fan and seeing UK get the 1st visit! It works both ways, and Lanier will pick the best situation for himself and his future. If it’s Tennessee, they simply outbid, nothing more or less.
Tennessee won’t be money with everything that we know now.

It's going to be interesting to see how Pope can use his new platform at UK to a) recruit better talent than he did at BYU and b) continue UK's strong history of putting players in the NBA.

Simply stating that Pope didn't send many guys to the league is short-sighted- he built some remarkable teams under some daunting restrictions at BYU. At UK he's been given the keys to a much more powerful car.

I do too. A three level shooter and scorer that can pressure on defense. How many on the roster can say that?
At least 2 that have done it at the college level, not against Utah high schoolers three years ago. He is NOT playing more than Krissa. Pope has wanted Krissa for a while now. He knows what he can do. 4 year proven talent will play more than a unproven freshman. I like Chandler, but not as a day 1 contributor. He has some dues to pay, his time will come.

Don’t underestimate the Carr getting minutes at the 5 though. Carr has legit size, can post and is a shot blocker.
Carr is not a great on ball defender, most of his blocks comes as a help defender. Garrison will get the 5 back up minutes and MAYBE even some back up 4 minutes when the team needs to go big based on matchups. He is really good at the free throw line in the pick and roll / pick and pop. Also, Garrison will be much improved this year, he was only a freshman and held his own in the Big 12 last year, don't underestimate him, he will get plenty of minutes. It wouldn't surprise me if later in the year, he takes some of Williams minutes, not just as a back up. there is a reason Williams got a little upset when Pope signed garrison, he knows it is a possibility..

Reactions: B.B.H. and G-PIP
At least 2 that have done it at the college level, not against Utah high schoolers three years ago. He is NOT playing more than Krissa. Pope has wanted Krissa for a while now. He knows what he can do. 4 year proven talent will play more than a unproven freshman. I like Chandler, but not as a day 1 contributor. He has some dues to pay, his time will come.
Yeah, I just think he will play some minutes. With 6 seniors going to be hard to get the minutes figured out and the best rotations to use. Read that if we go small ball to get all of our best shooter on the floor together, as of right now with Lanier, we would go Carr at the five, Almonor at the four, Oweh at the three, Brea at the two and Krissa at the one.

Imagine being a UT fan and seeing UK get the 1st visit! It works both ways, and Lanier will pick the best situation for himself and his future. If it’s Tennessee, they simply outbid, nothing more or less.
If he picks Tennessee it won't be about the money.

Is Robinson staying in the draft? I would prefer Robinson over Lanier do to his experience with Pope. But if that ship has sailed then all in on Lanier.

If he picks Tennessee it won't be about the money.
Oh yeah, then what will it be? Starting spot? Check UK. Minutes? Check UK. National exposure 90% of games? Check UK. Facilities, coaching staff, and fan base? Check UK.

So, in other words, hypothetically speaking, if UK offers, for example, $600K NIL, and UT offers $450K NIL, he’s still going to UT because money isn’t a factor. Sounds legitimate in today’s CBB era.

If the visit concludes today with UK feeling that they're not a shoe-in to get him, I'd move on. Don't give him the luxury of driving up media interest and his own hype.
Think he for sure takes all 3 visits. And then makes a decision Thursday-Friday

Reactions: B.B.H.
Yes, But they cannot get past the BYU Code of ethics. That is hard to get over or past. Unless the kid is mormon.

Yeah, i get there are ways around that but no one (especially making $$ wants to hide doing anything).
My roommates at Murray state were all on the basketball team this last year. Code of ethics would definitely be a big factor for them lol.

Don’t underestimate the pull of women and Booz is all I’m saying haha.

Reactions: blue cincy
The only thing that scares me in this recruitment is the fact that Tennessee has no income taxes. Cost of living is cheaper in Kentucky but I feel we’d have to outbid them to make up for the taxes.
Also, I feel like this is a tactic that we should be using to recruits is how much cheaper the cost of living is in Kentucky compared to the national average. They would be able to take more money with them when they leave.

The only thing that scares me in this recruitment is the fact that Tennessee has no income taxes. Cost of living is cheaper in Kentucky but I feel we’d have to outbid them to make up for the taxes.
Also, I feel like this is a tactic that we should be using to recruits is how much cheaper the cost of living is in Kentucky compared to the national average. They would be able to take more money with them when they leave.
Do you honestly think a college kid who is only going to be there 7-8 months is considered about state income tax

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT