ADVERTISEMENT

Chaz Lanier to visit Mon

Here's the problem he won't have time to visit Tennessee before the dead period. If he does it would only be for a few hours on Tuesday. He would have to wait 10 days before he could take a full OV. I don't think this thing goes that long. Now if he waits and does take a visit after the dead period ends then that could be a problem.

Reactions: UK67KU59
Here's the problem he won't have time to visit Tennessee before the dead period. If he does it would only be for a few hours on Tuesday. He would have to wait 10 days before he could take a full OV. I don't think this thing goes that long. Now if he waits and does take a visit after the dead period ends then that could be a problem.
Him taking 2 24 hour visits tells me he is ready to get this over with

I like the squad the only add I don’t like is Krisa but other than that I like what we have and I fell good about getting Lanier now. Duke is gonna be good are you all going to add another center? That seems like the only weak spot on your roster?
From what I am being told, the roster is set and if anymore are added, it will just be practice players. I feel pretty good about the 5 spot. I believe Maluach will do fine even though a little raw, and Ngongba is playing this summer, so he apparently is past the injury. I think we have inside scoring and good defense covered. Remains to be seen what the outside shooting looks like.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
From what I am being told, the roster is set and if anymore are added, it will just be practice players. I feel pretty good about the 5 spot. I believe Maluach will do fine even though a little raw, and Ngongba is playing this summer, so he apparently is past the injury. I think we have inside scoring and good defense covered. Remains to be seen what the outside shooting looks like.
You guys are loaded and will be good for sure. At first I thought the decision to take Procter over roach was a bad one but it will work out. The two fowards and the Tulane guy you all added are all good adds.

If he came here then it's Platoons there's no other way that's 12 legit players on 1 team. Even with Platoons Travis and Noah would still be deep Bench cigar guys if they show out then 2 others are cigar guys. I have no clue maybe it can work but even in Platoons I have a tough time figuring how you play more than 10 people.

If he came here then it's Platoons there's no other way that's 12 legit players on 1 team. Even with Platoons Travis and Noah would still be deep Bench cigar guys if they show out then 2 others are cigar guys. I have no clue maybe it can work but even in Platoons I have a tough time figuring how you play more than 10 people.
Garrison Perry Noah and maybe Chandler aren’t gonna seee the floor much in year one

You guys are loaded and will be good for sure. At first I thought the decision to take Procter over roach was a bad one but it will work out. The two fowards and the Tulane guy you all added are all good adds.
Should be a very solid squad. We'll see. There are a handful of teams that made some really good adds this season. Kansas, Bama, Houston and Uconn did well also. Should be a fun season!

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I figure Garrison for all the backup center minutes. It's the other positions where there don't appear enough minutes for all the players we'll have. It's a problem I won't lose sleep over.
Let’s say they get Lanier. Butler laneir oweh krisa & Brew all expect mins and will get them, Chandler should get a chance at some run.

Let’s say they get Lanier. Butler laneir oweh krisa & Brew all expect mins and will get them, Chandler should get a chance at some run.
If we get Lanier I like Butler,Lanier,Brea,Carr and Williams as starters. Plenty of minutes of backup for Oweh,Krisa and Garrison behind them. Going to be tough for the freshmen to get much time but I think Chandler might work his way in. I think Travis and Trent will shine the following season.

If we get Lanier I like Butler,Lanier,Brea,Carr and Williams as starters. Plenty of minutes of backup for Oweh,Krisa and Garrison behind them. Going to be tough for the freshmen to get much time but I think Chandler might work his way in. I think Travis and Trent will shine the following season.
My hope is Chandler passes Krisa in the rotation at some point

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Yes, But they cannot get past the BYU Code of ethics. That is hard to get over or past. Unless the kid is mormon.

Yeah, i get there are ways around that but no one (especially making $$ wants to hide doing anything).
Ahh.. But have you seen school ties?

I’m not sure what to make of Kriisa, but Pope seems to love him and he is the most true point guard on the team.

Reactions: JASUN74
If Kriisa can improve his ball security, he will be a very good PG.

His shooting was pretty good last year, >60 TS%, and is solid at racking up assists. His propensity for giving the other team the ball holds back his production.

WVA was also horrible last year. I’m just not high on Krisa. If he if a 7th or 8th man I don’t mind it
I do not know how good Kriisa will be, but he averaged 29.6 minutes a game for his first three (3) years at Arizona. He averaged right at 30.5 minutes a game for his four (4) years, so he simply has to have some ability. That’s a lot of clock !!

Last edited:
I do not know how good Kriisa will be, but he averaged 29.6 minutes a game for his first three (3) years at Arizona. He averaged right at 30.5 minutes a game for his four (4) years, so he simply has to have some ability. That’s a lot of clock !!

It is but Chandler if he gets anywhere close to what he is capable of is better than Krisa

With all the write ups about all of our players and looking back at their history Krissa would seem to be the most true 1 guard. Lot of people believe that Butler will be it, and he may be, but someone that has covered Butler over the years flat out said he was not a true 1 guard. Said he does not have the feel and vision that most ones have. Now, in this offense, he may be OK at that position. Just no way of knowing till it all starts June 10th. Perry could be the next best at that position just no way of knowing with this new team and offense. It would appear that on the offensive end is where Krissa thrives with his shooting and passing ability. Butler gives us something different with great defense and maybe less turnover prone than Krissa. I know that Butler is coming here to hopefully improve his offense in this unique system. That was said to be one of his biggest draws to come here. Hopefully the new beginning gives him a renowned confidence to raise his offensive game higher than it ever has been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT