ADVERTISEMENT

CFB to add 2 minute warning, helmet headsets, tablets on sidelines

very NFL-ization

1. Tablets....I am not sure why they'd not be allowed in the first place.
2. Helmet Communication.....I think it takes coaching up a player out of the game whereas the headset stuff.....you can talk a QB thru the entire play to snap. But NFL has watered down their product....sounds like college has no desire to be authentic.
3. But the 2 minute warning.....I mean you've complained about game length....you have a running clock on out of bounds and first downs until last 2 minutes (which makes no sense)....so why add a 2 minute warning?

At this rate....just make the receiver had 2 feet vs. 1 foot in bounds and call youself NFL-lite.:confused:

Reactions: K86
The only thing the NCAA is doing is adopting the current NFL rules in regards to the Green Dot for communication … the 2 Minute Warning which has been in place since the early 70s in the NFL and tablet on the sidelines which has been in place in the NFL just about the entire century … geez …

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I like all these new rules and think it makes the game better to watch and take away some of the crap.... No more stealing signs, or at least making it almost impossible... Nothing wrong with adapting some of the NFL rules... Just take away some of the crap calls we get from the joke SEC officials, that would be great for the sport...

GBB

Maybe we can get plays in before the clocks on single digits

And hopefully they have a defensive headset as well so maybe we can get lined up before the other team snaps.

The two minute warning might actually be a good thing. This will be more consistent to clock rules in place at current time. We have seen where guy goes OB at 2:01 and clock runs,(was Tennessee game last year I believe) causing confusion as to when he stepped out of bounds. Add the Two minute warning and everyone knows what timing regulations are currently in effect (Officals also). This brings so much more clarity to game situations.

Reactions: cathouse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT