ADVERTISEMENT

Celtics will come back and win this series.

Herro might be back starting with game 3. How effective will he be will be the question. Would you even bring him back. The Undraftables are averaging around I believe they said 56 points combined. They've been pretty effective. Especially, Caleb Martin. Bam also needs to go up a level because Jokic will embarrass you in a 4 game series if you don't at least play to your own capability.

Reactions: UKortho
Herro might be back starting with game 3. How effective will he be will be the question. Would you even bring him back. The Undraftables are averaging around I believe they said 56 points combined. They've been pretty effective. Especially, Caleb Martin. Bam also needs to go up a level because Jokic will embarrass you in a 4 game series if you don't at least play to your own capability.
You can’t bring Herro back unless the others go cold for multiple games.

I think it's funny that Celtic fans are saying they would have won if Tatum hadn't gotten hurt but totally ignore the fact that if Herro played it likely would not have made it to game 7.
Everyone but White abd Robert Williams played like crap. The Tatum injury makes it worse, but when the whole team craps the bed--hard to buy into the narrative.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I’m of the mind Miami doesn’t make the Finals if Herro had been healthy. His minutes went to Martin and Vincent who both played good defense. Herro would have scored but also gives up lots of points. Martin went on a scoring spree during the playoffs in big games. With him in you got production on both sides of the floor. Maybe you beat the Bucks with Herro but no way you beat the Knicks with him playing 30+ minutes a game.
It's Spolestra, he'd make things work. I doubt the players you mentioned would be eliminated too. He usually goes with hot hand. Strus minutes may have been split and less Duncan Robinson but the Heat have a way of operating and notice guys don't pout when they don't play or aren't prepared when they do.

Give Spoelstra full credit for having them bounce back. It could be argued they won 5 of 7 games with giveaway in Game 6 but they were going to steal that one, but for a guy who was bashed when hired for "anyone could coach that team" to do what he's done in recent years, he's proven that an elite coach in today's game can get a team past more talented teams.

Thibodeau is the anti Spoelstra. He would've lost to Heat with Herro too. He is great to re-energize an organization that has been down because he'll get guys to play hard, but every team he coaches has guys beat to hell by this time of year due to playing them too many minutes in regular season and much like Flip Saunders in his career in Minnesota and Detroit-they play same mentality in regular/season and playoffs and they are worn down. Then everyone turns on the Players instead of Thibs until it's too late. Knicks fans want Randle gone and he had 2 Jayson Tatum ankle/foot injuries--one prior to Playoffs starting and another in Game 5 of Cavs series. They are ganging up on him as the culprit. Brunson was beat up. Robinson could barely move. Quickley got injured. If it was one time, fine but it's every team Thibs coaches.

Yeah I think you run with the roster as is. Herro probably won't be 100% anyways, and it's likely going to ruin whatever flow they have right now.
Herro isn't going to ruin anything. If he's able to play, it'll help. He isn't some bum. Duncan Robinson was banished to the bench by end of regular season and he's had some big games/moments. That's what Heat are about. One of the few "next man ups" that actually function that way.

I'd give a lot to get Chris Quinn/Udonis Haslem to Kentucky in some manner but figure both can pick their spots in the NBA.

Herro isn't going to ruin anything. If he's able to play, it'll help. He isn't some bum. Duncan Robinson was banished to the bench by end of regular season and he's had some big games/moments. That's what Heat are about. One of the few "next man ups" that actually function that way.

I'd give a lot to get Chris Quinn/Udonis Haslem to Kentucky in some manner but figure both can pick their spots in the NBA.
Herro will probably come off the bench during game 3- but doubt he sees many minutes.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT