ADVERTISEMENT

Caution…

UkMccurdy

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 21, 2021
Eastwood, Ky
I want to throw this out there now. A lot of “rumors” will be floating about what possible guys we might get in the portal. Some have already started that will have Cats fans all in a tizzy! I personally think this stuff is being leaked by the staff or those close to the program in an attempt to save some of the fans and retain interest. With a loss tomorrow (I still think UK wins btw), this program will be headed toward a nothing bowl and fan turnout will be The worst in Stoops tenure. Fans already are questioning if this thing has maxed out, and there will need to be something to spur excitement. The staff will need to do something to keep people engaged until signing day and Spring ball. “Rumors” are the best way to build false hope.

We may very well land some talented dudes in the portal, and I hope we do! Just be careful with building back those big expectations. This staff is now at ground zero with me and needs to prove UK isn’t mostly mediocre and every once in a while pretty good. It’s time for this staff to show we can do more than just beat middling and lower level SEC teams. It’s time to start being competitive with the big boys and not embarrass ourselves repeatedly. It’s time to not have back to back horribly disappointing seasons. A win tomorrow won’t completely erase the disappointment of this season but a loss will only make it even worse.

This whole “rumor” stuff might be just an attempt to keep the masses locked in… just be cautious.

This staff needs to earn trust back from this fanbase!

No doubt this staff knows they are playing narrative game. Both for the upcoming bowl and to try to keep from the entire roster breaking off.

I checked out a long time ago. Only thing that could bring me back is a switch to the Hal Mumme offense. I’ll still watch because I am an alum/fan…but I’ve accepted that Stoops is a great recruiter and a below average game coach.

Reactions: FltDoc and K86
Win today and in a crappy bowl game still can’t save this season for me. Stoops was doing great until NIL. He isn’t good at that. And if you can’t build a roster, you get mediocre seasons. I’d love to see us get a coach that can build a good roster under NIL rules here, but we are stuck with stoops.

I want to throw this out there now. A lot of “rumors” will be floating about what possible guys we might get in the portal. Some have already started that will have Cats fans all in a tizzy! I personally think this stuff is being leaked by the staff or those close to the program in an attempt to save some of the fans and retain interest. With a loss tomorrow (I still think UK wins btw), this program will be headed toward a nothing bowl and fan turnout will be The worst in Stoops tenure. Fans already are questioning if this thing has maxed out, and there will need to be something to spur excitement. The staff will need to do something to keep people engaged until signing day and Spring ball. “Rumors” are the best way to build false hope.

We may very well land some talented dudes in the portal, and I hope we do! Just be careful with building back those big expectations. This staff is now at ground zero with me and needs to prove UK isn’t mostly mediocre and every once in a while pretty good. It’s time for this staff to show we can do more than just beat middling and lower level SEC teams. It’s time to start being competitive with the big boys and not embarrass ourselves repeatedly. It’s time to not have back to back horribly disappointing seasons. A win tomorrow won’t completely erase the disappointment of this season but a loss will only make it even worse.

This whole “rumor” stuff might be just an attempt to keep the masses locked in… just be cautious.

This staff needs to earn trust back from this fanbase!
Excellent post. A bad loss today will certainly throw lots of cold water on chatter.

I checked out a long time ago. Only thing that could bring me back is a switch to the Hal Mumme offense. I’ll still watch because I am an alum/fan…but I’ve accepted that Stoops is a great recruiter and a below average game coach.
Air Raid was fun to watch, always wondered what we could have done with an average or better defense. Nowadays I’m expecting to see the Statue of Liberty or a drop kick at any time.

same... on mostly all your points....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT