ADVERTISEMENT

CATS vs LSU ( Sunday ).....

We put up 25 earned runs on the 8th ranked team in the NCAA! Pushed their SEC ERA from 3.72 to 4.04. That is a big move this far into the season. An 8.3 ERA for a series puts a hurt on the average.

I'll have to say that I am excited to see the bats come back alive. There were some questions and lineup shuffles after the MSU series. Looks like we're past that.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
What this season tells me is Henderson was poor bench coach and lacked the ability to motivate the players. The new coach is a keeper it appears and I hope the recruiting really gets a shot with the exciting season they are having.
What is very telling to me is how many of these seniors and older players are having great seasons. Changed their approaches and they have just done extremely well.

My question is will Hjelle and Lewis return next year?
I believe that Hjelle has to. Just a sophomore. However, Lewis can go because he is technically a redshirt sophomore. So, will Logue and Lewis leave or will we return all three? I lean towards losing Logue and Lewis.

I believe that Hjelle has to. Just a sophomore. However, Lewis can go because he is technically a redshirt sophomore. So, will Logue and Lewis leave or will we return all three? I lean towards losing Logue and Lewis.
It seems Logue has struggled quite a bit. Is his stuff that good that the scouts would overlook that?

I would definitely expect Logue and Lewis to leave. From what I've heard, a good early guess for next season's weekend rotation will be Hjelle, Thompson and Machamer. Obviously we're 10 months from next season starting, but those seem to be the front runners. Curious to see what would happen if some of the talented high school arms end up on campus. Also some juco guys who could step in and make an impact.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
It seems Logue has struggled quite a bit. Is his stuff that good that the scouts would overlook that?
Not sure what he's projected to be, but he's a pretty decent prospect. He might not go extremely early, but could still go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT