ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Hoosiers...

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
Today @ 4:00 pm at the Cliff. UK is 18-10 while Indiana comes in at 16-8 on the season. Cats coming off a series win at # 1 ranked LSU, while IU was swept by Iowa last weekend.
Hoosiers are going with RHP Christian Morris 2-0 5.04 ERA, Cats have not yet named a starter. Weather should be great, this ought to make for a pretty good sized crowd at CHS today !

Looks like UK has gone with Zach Pop. Gave up a one out single in the first, but got a double play (UK's 30th on the year I believe) to get out of the inning.

UK really needs this game to bolster their tournament resume.

IU and the Cats both pick up a run in the 3rd inning, UK on top by a 6-3 count going to the 4th. BTW Neil Price says one of the biggest crowds of the year, if not the biggest on a beautiful day !

Losing 11-7 in the top of the 9th. Our pitching is just terrible. We've given up another 16 hits today. We've also committed 3 errors for the third freaking game in a row.

Unbelievable ! Go on the road and win over the # 1 team, then come home and play lousy, especially on defense. Mid week pitching is sad, just very sad.
Maybe playing the new # 1 team this Thurs, Fri., and Sat. will snap them back to reality. Blew a great chance today to get a solid non-conference win.

Left too many runners in scoring position. Pitching staff is not nearly deep enough. An last but certainly not least, 3 errors for 3 games in a row at this level is just very, very bad.

I was hoping we would pull this one out after the outstanding weekend performance we had versus the Tigers. I agree that we got to eliminate the errors.

Actually this is the 4th game in a row with at least 3 errors, and 6th out of the last 7. We've made 47 errors on the season. Only Tennessee has a worse fielding percentage than us, and that is probably only because our pitchers give up so many damn hits, more than anyone else in the SEC. We're also second last in the SEC in ERA, behind only Arkansas. Thank god we're at least okay at hitting the ball.

There are a lot of stats that disturb me about this team. We're giving up stolen bases at an 82 percent rate. We're last in hits allowed with over 250. Last in runs allowed with over 156. Last in earned runs allowed. We've given up more home runs than anyone in the league, and second to last in doubles allowed. We're even second to last in balks, so our pitchers are apparently pretty terrible at holding on runners. Just a whole lot of terrible defensive stats.

Sic,sic, baseball and coaching..........just keep throwing money away on a bunch of buddies and losing coaches MITCH...........Do you hate baseball, MITCH.....this is same old sad, sad story.....you wait to long to fire coaches that are putting us 10 more years behind the rest of the SEC.........I'm sorry but it's time to let these coaches go........
mad.r191677.gif
that's the only way you'll ever get my $$$$ again and I'm sure there's others like me looking at the empty seats at the games........

Need to make the switch to field turf if their D is going to be this horrible.

Not like we have a bunch of beefy homerun hitters who boot the ball around defensively every now and then...this team should be stout defensively

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT