ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 'Cats find new TE target in Illinois

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Kentucky is recruiting a number of Class of 2022 tight ends from the state of Ohio, but the coaching staff is continuing to target new prospects.
One new tight end target is
Chris Petrucci
, a 6'5, 210-pounder from Park Ridge (Ill.) Maine South.

Illinois, Purdue, Cincinnati, Minnesota, and a number of Ivy League schools were among the others to offer before Kentucky got involved.
Petrucci told Cats Illustrated that Kentucky offered on Friday.

"We had talked [before the offer]," Petrucci said. "They were one of the first ever schools to reach out a while ago. They kept in touch over time and then Coach Buffano started talking to me a little bit recently and decided to offer me. That was pretty much how it happened.

"They like my skill set and think I can create a lot of mismatches, and they just think I'm a pretty talented player. Kentucky is pretty new to me, but it all is. It's my first SEC offer so that was pretty exciting."

One school has built the strongest relationship with Petrucci so far, and that's in spite of not having offered.

"The one that's talked to me the most is probably Northwestern," Petrucci said. "Just because they're local and I've been talking to them since the beginning. They haven't offered me yet. They're
just waiting to watch me this season for varsity film, but we've built a good relationship over time."

They won't have to wait long to watch Petrucci. Illinois high school football is taking place right now, as it was postponed in the fall because of COVID-19.
Maine South will have a six game season this spring, and one contest is already in the books.

As for recruiting, Petrucci has a pretty good idea of what he's looking for in a school.

"Definitely academics would be up there as a factor, and then the fit with the program and the coaches. That's really important to me as well as how I fit in, and then play time and usage in the offense," he said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News