ADVERTISEMENT

Cats at Bammer (Friday)

Thoughts on Martin getting plugged back in? I'm not necessarily against it, but Williams seems like a starter to me. Just an interesting dynamic there.

Thought Martin might replace Lee since he’s struggled the last 2 weeks. Hopefully he can give you 4 or 5 innings and turn it over to Williams.

Thought Martin might replace Lee since he’s struggled the last 2 weeks. Hopefully he can give you 4 or 5 innings and turn it over to Williams.

I'm curious to see how Martin does against league hitters. He left a few up and got burned a time or two early on but pitched well overall and really might only need to keep us close. Williams taking over really shuts any door most times. Pitching has been very good but yet not as expected personnel wise this year.

Reactions: backinky2018
I'm curious to see how Martin does against league hitters. He left a few up and got burned a time or two early on but pitched well overall and really might only need to keep us close. Williams taking over really shuts any door most times. Pitching has been very good but yet not as expected personnel wise this year.
Other than Bosma the roles have definitely been different than expected. I think they love guys who can come in and shut it down for multiple innings and Williams, Moore and Hagenow have proved capable of doing that.

Other than Bosma the roles have definitely been different than expected. I think they love guys who can come in and shut it down for multiple innings and Williams, Moore and Hagenow have proved capable of doing that.

Lol well that's an easy thing to love. I'll say it again though, this has to be the deepest bullpen UK has ever had. Maybe not the best top end, but when someone like Bosma struggles a bit we have 5 other guys to turn to that will have his back.

Cats add a run in the 5th. Lead 3-0. It seems to me if this team gets a lead, it’s pretty much over. This pitching staff is something else.

Vandy beat Miss State 26-3. That’s three straight SEC run rule losses. I know their pitching is bad but I’ve never seen anything that bad from an SEC team.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Tie game. I really worry we are going to look back in a few weeks and say what happened to the number 23 team in country ?

2, 3, and 4 hitters up in the top of the 10th: 3 fly outs. Not what we needed.

That is a wow win! That come back is something we haven't had much of the last few years. That is also a confidence booster to know you can come back on the road after giving up the lead like that in the 9th. Can it really be that they are as good as their record indicates?

Reactions: SeanCain
This was the ultimate gut check win. I was so pissed that I could barely watch after we blew it in the ninth (went downhill after the throwing error from Felker). But, Chavez was able to get two outs with the bases loaded.

Then we treaded water in extras until we could finally get a few baserunners.

Wind helped our cause tonight, as it neutralized their power (though I would argue that we actually had a few hard hit balls to the outfield that might have gone yard if the wind wasn't what it was).

Pitching was flawless until we gave up a few hits in bottom of 9th. Moore wasn't terrible in the 9th but I'm sure he is disappointed.

Hise and Hagenow were MONEY. So excited we hung on to get the win. I just want the series win, hopefully we get it tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT