ADVERTISEMENT

CATS 104--africa 92---box score

I don't think Dilly gonna be happy with 12 minutes. I feel for him. He played well 2nd game but damn, Wag and Reed are like Starsky and Hutch, like Butch and Sundance, like Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy.

I don't think Dilly gonna be happy with 12 minutes. I feel for him. He played well 2nd game but damn, Wag and Reed are like Starsky and Hutch, like Butch and Sundance, like Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy.
Dilly in 3 games:
MINS: 47
PTS: 14
FG: 6-21
FG%: 29
2P: 6-18
2P%: 33
3P: 0-3
3P%: 0
FT: 2-2
FT%: 100
OREB: 0
DREB: 6
REB: 6
AST: 11
TO: 2
STL: 1
BLK: 0
BLKR: 0
PF: 8

What does this show? He's not a good shooter, doesn't get to the foul line enough, isn't much of a menace on defense, gets a couple of rebounds a game. If I were Dillingham I'd worry less about contact, continue distributing the ball well, and keep my mouth shut.

Hard to find minutes when Reeves, Wagner and Shep are playing so well.

Old joke (slightly changed):

-How do you get to Carnegie Hall?
-Practice practice practice your free throws.

Dilly in 3 games:
MINS: 47
PTS: 14
FG: 6-21
FG%: 29
2P: 6-18
2P%: 33
3P: 0-3
3P%: 0
FT: 2-2
FT%: 100
OREB: 0
DREB: 6
REB: 6
AST: 11
TO: 2
STL: 1
BLK: 0
BLKR: 0
PF: 8

What does this show? He's not a good shooter, doesn't get to the foul line enough, isn't much of a menace on defense, gets a couple of rebounds a game. If I were Dillingham I'd worry less about contact, continue distributing the ball well, and keep my mouth shut.
Just too much unnecessary dribbling. He doesn’t absorb contact in the lane or at the bucket very well. He must get stronger IMO. Still love his game, though.

Last edited:
Just too much unnecessary dribbling. He doesn’t absorb contact in the lane or at the bucket very well. He must get stronger IMO. Still love his name, though.

It's just a matter of time before Dillingham sees the game a little slower and focuses his ball handling skills on getting where he wants to be without all the spinning. I hope he watches DJ and Shep and sees he can do that just as well. It's just a matter of time and he's way too good for it not to soak in. Then look out.

Reeves, Mitchell, Sheppard and Wagner are obvious. We look to play the best when those four are in the game together. Just a matter if you want to go with Edwards, Uno or Bradshaw as the fifth guy. Definitely going to be at least eight solid deep. All the good stuff that Sheppard does, his three point blocks are a unique skill hardly ever see.

Just too much unnecessary dribbling. He doesn’t absorb contact in the lane or at the bucket very well. He must get stronger IMO. Still love his name, though.
Exactly what I saw with DeAron Fox early in his college career. Couldn’t finish at all- physicality bothered him- but by the time late January rolled around he was the best finisher in the college game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT