ADVERTISEMENT

Carr Commits

Kid has a chance to be really really good here. I liked what I saw of him the limited times I watched them.

Put 18 on Louisville back in January. I love having a kid that put it in Louisville’s ass.

Another transfer to be excited about. This dude is solid and has a sweet stroke. If we put him and Williams at the 4 and 5, and have at least two shooters at the other three positions, we’re going to be a tough out. I’m excited about the two bigs. Not excited about Oweh and Butler (if they’re here to start). you need to go watch Oweh

Another transfer to be excited about. This dude is solid and has a sweet stroke. If we put him and Williams at the 4 and 5, and have at least two shooters at the other three positions, we’re going to be a tough out. I’m excited about the two bigs. Not excited about Oweh and Butler (if they’re here to start).
If you’re not excited about Oweh, I suggest go back to watch him during his career in high school and especially when playing with Duren and Livley. The kid was the heart and soul of their team and controlled the games with his hustle and getting his teammates pumped up and playing hard. I was wanting Cal to go after him bad but of course knew his ranking wasn’t high enough for him to even look at, Even though showing the whole world he was the leader for them and had all the potential in the world. I don’t think we’ve seen close to what that kid can do yet and I’m really thinking he’s going to be unbelievable for us the next two years. Thanks and go Check out that tournament when they absolutely killed everyone. He’s tough as nails and I guarantee will have plenty standing ovations from our crowd. Thanks again. This group of Gus were putting together so far are all hard working guys who will help each other win games. If we do get a couple great scores now to go with this bunch look out for some top ten pre season talk.

After he gets Great nobody should doubt Pope's recruiting ability. That would maybe
be three of the top five 4/5 players in the portal. The wings are also surely to come.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Hey Nova...

suck my dick GIF

Ranked by many as the best player in the portal ... this is a MASSIVE get.
Where are you seeing that ranking? I’ve checked two sites. 247 has him as the 75th ranked player and ON3 has him as the 73rd ranked player.

Carr is a huge get regardless. And he will certainly be much better than the 73rd-75th best player in Pope’s offense.

Last edited:
Where are you seeing that ranking? I’ve check two sites. 247 has him as the 75th ranked player and ON3 has him as the 73rd ranked player.

Carr is a huge get regardless. And he will certainly be much better than the 73rd-75th best player in Pope’s offense.
Currently available is what I should have said, meaning it's taking out all the other transfers.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Currently available is what I should have said, meaning it's taking out all the other transfers.
I gotcha. I’m very excited for him and I think he’ll excel under Pope. I also think this means we get Great and that finishes up the front court.

If we steal Davis from Arkansas, and snag a good wing shooter/scorer I do think this season will go better than many of us originally anticipated. Possibly a top 5 team in the pre season (such a ranking would be more legitimate with a veteran roster).

This guy didn’t get a single returning player and has been spending the last two weeks creating an entire roster from scratch. I admire the hustle, man. It’s not like Pope had an easy track record to just get guys to sign on by citing previous NBA talent.

Godspeed, Coach Pope. You’ve got us excited for the future.

"I know what it's like to have Kentucky across my chest". Probably been a while since a UK player said that.
So you do not think reed sheppard or Travis perry, or Derek Willis, or dominique Hawkins, or Darius miller knew or understood what it’s like to have Kentucky across my chest?

Well Andrew Carr is a Cat now.

Strangely, I watched him play a lot this season. Probably at least 20 times this season and also saw him play in person at Wake this year. My in-laws are Wake alums.

Here's my thoughts:
-Good attitude. Very even keel
-a little slow but not lumbering slow
-plays big and finishes strong around the rim. Good at finishing lobs (though not a high flyer)
-really good outside shooter and very solid free throw shooter
-solid but not dominant rebounder
-sneaky good shot blocker, good for a couple a game on most nights
-played with two ball-dominant guards (Sallis and Boopie) and still managed good numbers
-A bit of an enigma. Some games he was great and some completely invisible, like, is he still on the team invisible. Just look at his last two games to illustrate this point: 37 minutes and 31 points against Georgia and 38 minutes and just 4 points against App State.

Overall I think he would be a nice fit and bring a good skill set to the 4. Solid player
That was my initial reaction regarding his inconsistency. Some vanishing acts for sure, but if the two guards are dominating the ball ….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT