ADVERTISEMENT

Can Uk pull the upset?

MrHotDice

All-American
Nov 1, 2002
To me, it’s all about Leary and the receivers. Would be a big win and help in the transfer race for players that can play next year.

Go Cats

Reactions: bluecoon1
They can yes! With all the players we have coming back to play the last game, and with Clemson players opting out, we have a great chance.

1. We need to have another "Louisville" type game where we did not commit silly penalties and or turnovers.

2. Receivers need to catch the Ball!

3. We need to get off the field on Defense.

4. Stoops and Cohen needs to open up the playbook and throw everything we have at them. No Holds Barred!

Last edited:
They can yes! With all the players we have coming back to play the last game, and with Clemson players opting out, we have a great chance.

1. We need to have another "Louisville" type game where we did not commit silly penalties and or turnovers.

2. Receivers need to catch the Ball!

3. We need to get off the field on Defense.

4. Stoops and Cohen needs to open up the playbook and throw everything we have at them. No Holds Barred!
Especially #3.

Clemson is only favored by 3.5 points. So if (and I expect to) the Cats win, it really can’t be called an upset.

Clemson is only favored by 3.5 points. So if (and I expect to) the Cats win, it really can’t be called an upset.
I think it would be looked at as an upset. Clemson has a long history of being consistently good.

Every so often they have a "Down Year" if they lose 4 games.

They have a top notch program, they are in the ear of many 4 & 5 Star recruits.

UK leads the series 8-5 against Clemson. Another Win over the Tigers today will most definitely solidify a really decent season by The Cats.

I wish they were full strength, think we could have beat them anyhow if we played clean. Think we win today by 7-10.

To me, it’s all about Leary and the receivers. Would be a big win and help in the transfer race for players that can play next year.

Go Cats
Our offense is what it is, which is good enough since Davis is playing. It's about edge containment and stopping Clemson's running game.

I think it would be looked at as an upset. Clemson has a long history of being consistently good.

Would only be a minor upset if that. ACC is weak. Miami and NC State got upset. Louisville got handled by Southern Cal at less than full strength. UNC got blown out. Kentucky will win unless we beat ourselves.

Reactions: Bluesbrother
Would only be a minor upset if that. ACC is weak. Miami and NC State got upset. Louisville got handled by Southern Cal at less than full strength. UNC got blown out. Kentucky will win unless we beat ourselves.
Minor or not, a Win over Clemson is a good one. Yes, the ACC is overall a weak football conference, but Clemson & FSU are basically the best they have to offer. UNC and Duke are blips on the radar every few years.

Minor or not, a Win over Clemson is a good one. Yes, the ACC is overall a weak football conference, but Clemson & FSU are basically the best they have to offer. UNC and Duke are blips on the radar every few years.
We should win this game if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot. Call it whatever you want. Of course it would be a good win. All wins are good, especially season ending wins. But if you look at the record, Kentucky leads the series historically for a reason. ACC football is almost never as good as SEC, and this is especially a weak year for ACC. Clemson's defense is shorthanded today and Coen can wear them down if he has thought it through. We just have to play smart and clean.

We should win this game if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot. Call it whatever you want. Of course it would be a good win. All wins are good, especially season ending wins. But if you look at the record, Kentucky leads the series historically for a reason. ACC football is almost never as good as SEC, and this is especially a weak year for ACC. Clemson's defense is shorthanded today and Coen can wear them down if he has thought it through. We just have to play smart and clean.
Overall talentwise, I think we are fairly close to them, but they still get a few more talented players than we do. Should be a good game, a close game. I think we win between 3-5 points

Overall talentwise, I think we are fairly close to them, but they still get a few more talented players than we do. Should be a good game, a close game. I think we win between 3-5 points
Talent has to perform. The ACC is weak, so Clemson's talent is overvalued. Can you see this? The best players in this game are Deone Walker, Trevin Wallace, and Ray Davis. Don't underestimate Kentucky's talent.

Convert 3rd downs on offense and get off the field on 3rd down on defense.
Give Leary time to throw
CATCH THE FOOTBALL!!!
NO missed tackles!!
Win the turnover battle
Limited penalties
Score TD's in the Red Zone

Reactions: Doodah859
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT