ADVERTISEMENT

Can a highly paid NIL player …

They can In theory, however overall player limits keep probably you from just letting a bunch of walkons happen.

Pretty sure there is/was a rule against that. I think if you were recruited you had to use a scholarship. It was something to do with the old days when Alabama was using scholarships from other sports for their football players. I could be mixing the rule up somewhat though.

Reactions: 1war
Pretty sure there is/was a rule against that. I think if you were recruited you had to use a scholarship. It was something to do with the old days when Alabama was using scholarships from other sports for their football players. I could be mixing the rule up somewhat though.
True, if you are recruited you can't be a walk on.
So under Cal, Trent Noah could have walked on but Travis Perry could not have.

You tired? 😀

Why should a roster be limited to 13? For example, if Pope filled out his roster with a couple of developmental players, why couldn’t Robinson join and simply be a walk-on.

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious, but sometimes I need a minute to see the obvious. :)

Was not aware of that rule. I thought the rule was if you played football and another sport, the scholly had to count towards football.

Reactions: cat888
Was not aware of that rule. I thought the rule was if you played football and another sport, the scholly had to count towards football.
Pretty sure Allen is doing something similar in football now Preferred walkons have always been recruited with NIL they now have a way to get expenses paid.

Why should a roster be limited to 13? For example, if Pope filled out his roster with a couple of developmental players, why couldn’t Robinson join and simply be a walk-on.

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious, but sometimes I need a minute to see the obvious. :)
Thanks for accepting my crazy humor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT