ADVERTISEMENT

Cals Entitled Players

No, I've been on this forum for 16 years just to pretend...

I'm just not going to begrudge a kid for making a decision that he feels is best for his future after what he signed up for no longer exists. If this was some PhD candidate who came to a university to work under a professor, and then the professor left and took his research project with him nobody would call the student selfish for following the professor to his new school. This is the same thing. Z is making a decision he feels is best for his future career.

Let's be honest, a kid from Croatia didn't come here to play for UK. 12 months ago he probably couldn't point out Kentucky on a map. He came here to play for Cal and that's fine. Live and let live.
Amen brother. There’s nothing wrong with kids transferring out after a coaching change. Happens literally everywhere. Some of the people on this board need to grow the hell up and quit bashing 18-19 year old kids for making their own decisions. Especially when as you had, this happens LITERALLY EVERYWHERE after coaching changes.

Tell me which non-5-star player has Cal gotten drafted in the first round? The players who were drafted would have been drafted regardless of where they played. It is laughable that some of these players averaging under 6 points a game decided to go pro. Lol. You act like Cal has been getting 4 and 3 star players drafted in the first round.
You can argue this but for better or worse Cals reputation across the basketball world whether it’s fans, players, other coaches, media, is a guy that knows how to get people to the NBA. And his track record speaks for himself. No sense denying it. He’s gone now and it’s not our problem anymore anyways.

I will say the fact Cal got Josh Harrellson drafted still blows my mind lmao.

Don't forget the fact that Cal clearly didn't want to play big Z. And doesn't know how to use him. He begrudgingly put him in at end of the season. No hard feelings toward Big Z. He would be better off staying at UK or going somewhere else besides Arky.

Well yeah. Big Z is a euro big. Cal has zero ideas what to do with the kid. We saw the shit since last January.

Reactions: chroix
Z sees in Calipari a man that worked tirelessly to get him out of Croatia and to UK, then worked tirelessly to fight the NCAA and UK's own administration to get him to play.

What he doesn't see is that Cal struggled to let him play to his strengths and will continue to do so.

Z is loyal to Cal. Its the least surprising thing as a UK fan we should know about him.

At this point , he's a nobody to me. I won't keep up with him and I hope other UK fans invest their energy into supporting the players UK gets, not the ones they lost.

Don't forget the fact that Cal clearly didn't want to play big Z. And doesn't know how to use him. He begrudgingly put him in at end of the season. No hard feelings toward Big Z. He would be better off staying at UK or going somewhere else besides Arky.
If Cal was truly “player’s first “ he would tell Z to stay here and play for a coach that knows how to use him.

Reactions: chroix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT