ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari opens up about exit at UK

Yeah, this is my experience as well. I'm good friends with many UK fans and none of them wanted him back. Some were sort of upset about feeling that way, because they had become attached to him over the last 15 years. But they all, to a man (or woman), knew it was time to part ways. The results of 2021-2024 were completely unacceptable. Calipari knew this, too. And that's why he decided to voluntarily take that demotion to Arkansas instead of sticking around and taking the $33 million we still owed him.
He knew it but couldn't say it.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
The last 5 years, it just seemed like every game was a struggle for a win. Every single one. And our record against the top-25 shows it was a big struggle.
It was, even the Ole Miss's and the Vandy's and such. That's what got me was we are Kentucky and it came to the point you couldnt go into ANY game feeling like we had it anymore.

And that's because the game changed to where the talent was more spread out and it was more of a coaches game now and we started out 6-8 points down in that department. So games we should have been 10 point coast games are fight to the finish anybodys game in the last 4 minutes - at home or away!

drag race no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Reactions: RabbiShmuley
On vacation and proudly wearing my UK shirt when a LSU fan tells me that UK basketball needs to stop the one and done thing. Told him we no longer have that problem. He laughed and said that Cal was hard headed and never was going to change.

Btw, love seeing so many UK fans when you travel. Everyone telling you Go Cats!!!

It was an accident. He didn’t leave that money on the table on purpose. He gambled and Mitch outsmarted….

…He did not walk away from that kind of money. He tried to use the Arkansas job as leverage to get Mitch to back off on some things he was about to implement…But Mitch blindsided him with the breach of contract clause.
So does this account for some of the last-minute rumblings that Cal wasn’t sure about leaving, even though it had leaked to the media, yet he had not informed UK? I wondered if it was something like what you’re saying and he put himself in a position where he had to leave.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT