ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari opens up about exit at UK

Yeah, just gonna quote what I've already said about this shit on HOB.

Cal was shopping around teams last February, but maintaining last years team revitalized em.

Losing in the 1st round to another double digit seed, losing our 1st game in the SEC tournament, not winning the SEC regular season all revitalized Cal. That's not 2009 John Calipari. That's someone's senile Grandfather.

He couldn't help himself. Had to Feed the ego. February 10th was the day we lost our 3rd straight home game. Fans were rumbling. Don't ever question the great one.

Successful marriages require 2 people trying. You can't have one going rogue, turning on everything that made the marriage great. Fans, local media, boosters, etc. Dude burned every bridge imaginable, and still thinks it's not his fault.

Based on the tone I've seen in that article and other places - their AD, boosters and fans seem to think they're getting Nick Saban, when it's probably a little closer to Bill Curry at this point.

Also the article says this was the 3rd season Kentucky hasn't reached a Sweet 16, but it's actually been 5 (4 not counting covid).

If Calipari is there 5 years and has a better 5 seasons than Musselman just had, I will be very surprised

A bunch of our "fans" here are uncomfortable with the Cal threads.

Check their post history and you'll see why. Almost all of them supported Calipari until the end.

So no, we won't stop posting about the man who almost turned our program into Indiana. Get used to it, @JFCats22 and your naive little crew of Cal defenders.

We won't stop. It never stops.

cb965570-d3cd-4844-8680-34c54ee0e2b5_text.gif

Do you think if Cal could do it all over again he would stay at Kentucky? I get the feeling he really regrets this.
Problem is I don’t regret him doing it…. Do you or does any other fan that loves the University of Kentucky? He did the best thing that he could do… Mitch didn’t have the sack to fire him and pay him the 33 million so we would’ve been stuck with him until he wanted to leave or until Mitch retired!

Problem is I don’t regret him doing it…. Do you or does any other fan that loves the University of Kentucky? He did the best thing that he could do… Mitch didn’t have the sack to fire him and pay him the 33 million so we would’ve been stuck with him until he wanted to leave or until Mitch retired!
No I don’t either but I feel like he wouldn’t take the job and we would’ve been stuck with him if he could do it all over again

Hilarious seeing people whine about knocking Kentucky fans when one search on this board will see him labeled as a few dozen insults that have nothing to do with basketball.

Thanks for 15 years, coach! Maybe by the time you retire the vocal minority will have found a life that isn’t dictated by 18-22 year olds winning basketball games.

• Haha
Reactions: crawfords corner
He rattled off his accomplishments as if the last 5 years of failure didn’t exist. If this years team “rejuvenated” him, it certainly didn’t rejuvenate what he was doing to lead them to final fours. Losing to Oakland was squarely on his shoulders. This team should have lost 6 games max. Yet he pissed away several games.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hoped this year, with all that talent, would get us back to the top, but failing the head scratcher losses during the season, flaming out in the SEC tournament, then getting smacked by a 14 seed in the NCAA did me in. I was officially done with the Cal era. Can’t wait to see what the future holds. I hope Noah comes in the game a drills 10 threes against Arkansas next year to rub Cal’s diss of him in his nose.

Tell me again why this dude doesn’t deserve a frosty ‘welcome’ on his return to Rupp? I’ve seen so many people in various threads say he deserves some love when he comes back around, but I can’t justify it. I can thank him for leaving and doing us that favor, but he outwardly despises our entire fanbase and considers himself a martyr, the poor guy who unjustly took heat for mailing it in for half a decade while cashing his $9 mil a year the whole time. In essence, a figurative (and maybe literal on the right day)🖕 is about all I have left for him.

I’ve said it before, but I truly think his mouth alone will be enough to become the most hated coach we’ve ever had (and yes, I remember who our coaching list includes).

A bunch of our "fans" here are uncomfortable with the Cal threads.

Check their post history and you'll see why. Almost all of them supported Calipari until the end.

So no, we won't stop posting about the man who almost turned our program into Indiana. Get used to it, @JFCats22 and your naive little crew of Cal defenders.

We won't stop. It never stops.
Not a Cal supporter.
Whatever brings you closure, more power to you.
My lane is it's over .

Reactions: MonsterMash79
I
Here’s what I find funny I don’t no how much truth there is to this. Please don’t ban me for this @IL Wildcat but I’m going to post this and if it isn’t allowed just take it down.

I'm not gonna ban you for that. I'm not sure if that's legit, but I agree with the thought. Going from Kentucky to Arkansas is like going from the Yankees to the Marlins.

Always talking as if he thinks he is Jesus, but never taking even a hint of responsibility for his own shortcoming.

“I think some people were happy,” Calipari said, letting some sarcasm bleed in and only slightly exaggerating his 410 wins while in Lexington. “‘We’ve had this guy 15 years and we’ve only won 500 games. We only won one national title and four Final Fours and eight Elite Eights? What the hell is going on here?'”

Now tell us something you did in the last decade, you smug dipshit. I can’t wait for him to get kicked out at Arkansas. No doubt he can move on the greener pastures at Appalachian state.

Last edited:
He DID save us a ton of money by exiting the way he did. So I have a hard time hating the man. But I'm glad he's gone.
The narrative that he left willingly and saved us a bunch of money doesn’t jive for me. I think he breached his contract by personally speaking with Arkansas before notifying UK. And that gave Mitch the legal option to send him packing. Just my take.

I also find it interesting that the Club Blue NIL fund is currently over $700K since its launch. The La Familia fund only raised like less than 100K.
I think that speaks volumes to how fed up the fanbase as a whole was of Cal. Yet the people who defended his horrible performance year after year swore it was just a few members of this forum who wanted Cal gone. How stupid.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT