ADVERTISEMENT

Cal: Kentucky coming back with a vengeance in NCAA’s

I’m probably just being negative but I’m sensing a very nervous energy around the entire program about this game lol. This might be disaster.
If Calipari can't Coach/lead this team to a victory over Providence, then he seriously needs to resign. That would be another 1st round washout. I filled out 3 sheets of integrity and I have UK in the E8 in 2 and the F4 on the other. This team with the bracket that has been given to them should be good for the E8. Anything less is a failure in my book.

Joe B Hall was a real coach.
Just had me thinking when the last time we lost in back to back years in the first round of NCAA...81 (UAB) 82 (Middle Tennessee State)..Been a while..As I recall there was alot of heat on Joe B but in 83, got to the Regional FInal against UL in Dream Game.

Reactions: dcw62
WHY is it ALWAYS our opponents that are the teams that are RARING AND READY TO GO???!!!!

I am SOOOOO tired of our team playing SCARED!!! What has happened to Cal's "Us against the world" attitude??!!!

We used to be the team that came into a game and TOTALLY intimidated our opponent, not any more. We had players that were HUNGRY to show the world, "WE ARE KENTUCKY"!!! AND that NO TEAM was going to take away what we got!!!

Now, we have kids with such FRAGILE EGO'S that Cal has to constantly entice them into playing the way they should. It's MIND BOGGLING to think a kid playing basketball for UK would LACK the confidence needed to succeed.
We got soft. The team took the attitude of the coach. Back then cal was tough and hungry. He embraced the villain he had for years and the villain role evil Kentucky had for 70 years. Now he is soft and fat. And the team reflects it. They're soft, get injured easily, and quit when it gets tough. Just like how Cal is soft when he gets asked a hard question. Or bails on press conferences when it gets tough.

If Calipari can't Coach/lead this team to a victory over Providence, then he seriously needs to resign. That would be another 1st round washout. I filled out 3 sheets of integrity and I have UK in the E8 in 2 and the F4 on the other. This team with the bracket that has been given to them should be good for the E8. Anything less is a failure in my book.
I wish I had your optimism. I’m scared about Friday, but feel pretty good about a matchup with K-State. But I think we would have a reaaaaal tough time with Marquette. I’ve watched a lot of their games recently and they’ve looked great the last couple months of the year. We’d need an A-A+ game to beat them

Reactions: *CatinIL*
I believe it. I heard Cal is deadly serious and focused. Word from unnamed sources close to the program are saying:
  • Coach Cal was seen watching film this week.
  • The team worked on zone defense and switching to and from M2M.
  • There was a free-throw contest to see who could leave the court first.
  • Three point shots were emphasized.
  • Someone ran a pick and roll.
  • The players practiced two in-bounds plays and then they practiced defending the newly learned in-bounds plays.
  • One unnamed player defended a player breaking toward the hoop for a layup.
  • All of the players' agents support them playing this Friday.
  • Call told the players to put the NBA draft out of their minds until after the game.
Watch out Friars.....Cal's Cats are on the prowl!

GBB!

Never really know. Last year we knew we wasn't a good 2 seed. We should have been a 4. They really never passed the eye test for me. This year they looked more like a 10 seed team. But obviously we are better going in then last year. Seems odd to say but true. We put together a good 30 mins and not a bad remaining 10 mins we win a tournament game. Something we didn't expect this year.

I believe it. I heard Cal is deadly serious and focused. Word from unnamed sources close to the program are saying:
  • The players practiced two in-bounds plays and then they practiced defending the newly learned in-bounds plays.
  • Call told the players to put the NBA draft out of their minds until after the game.

GBB!
Would have liked to have seen Cal do this earlier in the season but better late then never.

OK Calipari, stop yappin' and go out there and do it.d
He did, four of the top ten signed plus a five star, and it is hard to win with your two top shooters missing all their shots. And how about that little guard?

Last edited:
He did, four of the top ten signed plus a five star, and it is hard to win with your two top shooters missing all their shots. And how about that little guard?
Whose fault is it that we didn’t have a game plan for when our go to scorer is struggling? The coach. After Reeves had miss 7-8 shots you’d think we have something for one of the other guys. Not so much. Our offense this year was Reeves, Oscar put backs, and if Reeves is off well we just lose.

We don’t run plays for guys. We don’t set screens for guys. We just roll the ball out and hope they do something.

Reactions: ala_kat2

GBB!
The lie detector results came back and determined this entire post was one big lie.

Cal: Kentucky coming back with a vengeance in NCAA’s​

gangs-of-new-york-daniel-day-lewis.gif

Blah, bla, blah, bla, blah, blah blah...hello there Charlie Brown's teacher.

That little guard just choked against a 9 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT