ADVERTISEMENT

Cal is a "cheater" vs. Rivals since 2009

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
Since Cal arrived at UK...he was the man ruining college basketball. A slimy cheater. Our rivals all told us...Nike is the devil....they do it the right way...OAD is ruining the game. It was just a matter of time.

Keep this thread going...

1. Louisville
-School doesn't need to cheat with Rick & does it the right way
-Coach retained after embarrassing affair and trial
-Coaches paid for underage recruits to have prostitutes in the dorms
-Coach coordinated with shoe company to give recruit several thousand dollars
-First school to ever have a National Title vacated

2. UNC
-Roy Williams has high character and UNC is superior academically
-20-30 year academic fraud scandal exposed
-Player from 2005 National Title Team says work was done for him by others
-Only survives because they claim that they have low academic standards

3. Kansas
-The media darling that can do no wrong.
-Star recruit suspended 2 years for pay-to-play scheme
-Revealed to be the center of Adidas plan to funnel recruits to their school
-Several Level I allegations and punishment TBD
-Snoop Dogg makes a mockery of their Midnight Madness, remember how evil Cal was for Jay-Z in the locker room + Drake?
-Players destroying cars and abusing females

4. Duke
-Coach K is everything right with basketball...he doesn't need OAD's.
-He recruits OADs...but he's just evolving with the game.
-Documents and witnesses claim that Zion Williamson was paid to attend Duke.

5. Tennessee
-Lied to the NCAA about recruiting violations
-NCAA finds out more, Coach is then given a 3 year show-cause
-African-American coach makes the Sweet 16 but isn't supported by fans or admin...but no Tubby type coverage?
-Hired a coach who had NCAA trouble at previous school
-Found out that coach lied & had to fire him
-That coach was given a 10-year show cause...most severe in NCAA history

6. UConn
-That Calhoun sure was funny putting down that bad Calipari
-Calhoun's last team APR was so low that they were banned from the NCAA tournament
-The next coach got the program on probation
-The coach also had a 3 year NCAA show-cause

7. Syracuse
-Good ole Jim Boeheim! All the media goes to Cuse and he really coaches those kids up, great academic school!
-NCAA investigation comes to town and they get probation.
-101 wins vacated and scholarships reduced
-Coach suspended for 9 games
-Child abuse by assistant accusations
-Coach plans to retire and a successor...then backs out and keeps coaching.

8. Michigan State
-Izzo does it right! Good guy, nothing wrong with him!
-Michigan State found to have covered up widespread sexual assault in the university.
-Possible rape/sexual assault cover-up was brought to the light

9. Arizona
-FBI investigation
-Coach is on tape talking about paying the #1 player

10. Indiana
-They were on probation when Cal arrived

Boy...Cal sure has been dirty compared to those other coaches!

Last edited:
i feel like a unc and kansas sections but could be expanded infinitely!

yep. Didn’t even mention the issues at Kansas with McLemore, Alexander, kicking cars and harassing and abusing women, or the pump brothers.

It’s almost literally something new with Kansas every year and the National media aside from Forde(who only covers it because he’s a Missouri grad and thus has an inherent hate for them) never pursues it.

After UNC, Kansas has been the dirtiest program for years.

yep. Didn’t even mention the issues at Kansas with McLemore, Alexander, kicking cars and harassing and abusing women, or the pump brothers.

It’s almost literally something new with Kansas every year and the National media aside from Forde(who only covers it because he’s a Missouri grad and thus has an inherent hate for them) never pursues it.

After UNC, Kansas has been the dirtiest program for years.
added to the list!

After a decade, there is not even a whisper of cheating by Cal. People were claiming that Anthony Davis was paid to come here but there was absolutely not a shred of evidence that it happened.

Critics still call him slimy, even though he raised a ton of money for Haiti relief. He has done a lot of charitable events and made a lot of donations that we don't even know about. Comparing him to Self, K, Williams, and Pitino, among others, Cal is as pure as the driven snow.

Agreed, this is outstanding work.
It just got me thinking of all the trash thrown at him all these years later. Pat Forde harassing Eric Bledsoe's hometown, the Sun Times having to retract the Davis lies, the Bob Knight comments. And look at all the trash that's come out during those years. If Cal had 1 bit of those issues he would've been crucified.

His player in a 3rd year of school...1 month before the draft....took money from an agent. His PG Rose at Memphis gets his ACT declared ok by the NCAA and then retroactively gets it ruled ineligible a year later? And he's the worst person alive?

-Calhoun and Roy Williams mockery of academics.
-Coach K & Self being media darlings...recruiting the same top players and no trash thrown their way
-Pitino finally getting his moment as an unethical manager.
-Bruce Pearl getting a show cause & now in the FBI investigation
-Miller on tape with the FBI
-Izzo and beloved Mich State's travesty against women
-Boheim's cheating and I forgot the alleged child abuse scandal

And who has been clean during that time?

-Indiana...well they've had some issues and have been a laughing stock. Honestly, I feel bad(NOT) that they lost out on Sampson as their coach for phone calls that are now legal...he would've had them rolling

-UCLA...we've heard whispers but they've really been down this decade

-Florida...yeah they've been clean

-Nova...Credit to Wright, but they weren't big time when Cal arrived

-Virginia.....same as above

I'm surprised Jim Boheim has the energy to cheat.

bpph6uecmaaylaj.jpg-large.0.jpeg

I feel like AUB should be on that list. I mean one of your coaches gets arrested and nothing LOL.

Auburn men’s basketball assistant coach Chuck Person has been arrested and charged with six federal crimes including bribery conspiracy, solicitation of bribes and gratuities, conspiracy to commit honest services fraud, wire fraud, conspiracy to commit wire fraud and travel act conspiracy.

Also, Kansas should be on their 4th death penalty b now They have had serious allegations for over a decade, every year. I can't remember where that list of allegations is, but it is crazy. The fact that they haven't dealt with anything yet is a joke. They should Burry them under the jail.

After a decade, there is not even a whisper of cheating by Cal. People were claiming that Anthony Davis was paid to come here but there was absolutely not a shred of evidence that it happened.

Critics still call him slimy, even though he raised a ton of money for Haiti relief. He has done a lot of charitable events and made a lot of donations that we don't even know about. Comparing him to Self, K, Williams, and Pitino, among others, Cal is as pure as the driven snow.

Relatively an outsider by comparison. He doesn't trap the kids and he tries to foster a family mentality around the team. It doesn't work for every player and every team, but we've had some great young men here because of him. Let's not get overly excited about the failures and cheating elsewhere. (Not that anyone is right now.) It has a way of coming round and we don't know how long Cal will be here.

Reactions: Fgpoe03
Anymore, it's hard to keep track of all the scandals. I'm glad it's elsewhere and we all know we could never do it here. We would get the death penalty, faster than Rick's 15 second, well you know lol.

What I would like to point out is Cal's value of servant first leadership. He has done everything in his power, to instill it into his players. What's more amazing, is watching the players go to the NBA and give back so much. Cal doesn't just help them with basketball, he helps raise them. They become great human beings and after that ( and on court production) Cal gets a mic drop. BOOM.

That'll happen every year no matter who is the coach. That's the nature of backseat drivers. Not close enough to touch the wheel by a long shot, but want so bad to feel like their hands are on it.

Every coach has things they can improve just like every person has flaws, and some fans will pick at decades old wounds just to have something to complain about. We've got a good coach and should be very happy about it.

Since Cal arrived at UK...he was the man ruining college basketball. A slimy cheater. Our rivals all told us...Nike is the devil....they do it the right way...OAD is ruining the game. It was just a matter of time.

Keep this thread going...

1. Louisville
-School doesn't need to cheat with Rick & does it the right way
-Coach retained after embarrassing affair and trial
-Coaches paid for underage recruits to have prostitutes in the dorms
-Coach coordinated with shoe company to give recruit several thousand dollars
-First school to ever have a National Title vacated

2. UNC
-Roy Williams has high character and UNC is superior academically
-20-30 year academic fraud scandal exposed
-Player from 2005 National Title Team says work was done for him by others
-Only survives because they claim that they have low academic standards

3. Kansas
-The media darling that can do no wrong.
-Star recruit suspended 2 years for pay-to-play scheme
-Revealed to be the center of Adidas plan to funnel recruits to their school
-Several Level I allegations and punishment TBD
-Snoop Dogg makes a mockery of their Midnight Madness, remember how evil Cal was for Jay-Z in the locker room + Drake?
-Players destroying cars and abusing females

4. Duke
-Coach K is everything right with basketball...he doesn't need OAD's.
-He recruits OADs...but he's just evolving with the game.
-Documents and witnesses claim that Zion Williamson was paid to attend Duke.

5. Tennessee
-Lied to the NCAA about recruiting violations
-NCAA finds out more, Coach is then given a 3 year show-cause
-African-American coach makes the Sweet 16 but isn't supported by fans or admin...but no Tubby type coverage?
-Hired a coach who had NCAA trouble at previous school
-Found out that coach lied & had to fire him
-That coach was given a 10-year show cause...most severe in NCAA history

6. UConn
-That Calhoun sure was funny putting down that bad Calipari
-Calhoun's last team APR was so low that they were banned from the NCAA tournament
-The next coach got the program on probation
-The coach also had a 3 year NCAA show-cause

7. Syracuse
-Good ole Jim Boeheim! All the media goes to Cuse and he really coaches those kids up, great academic school!
-NCAA investigation comes to town and they get probation.
-101 wins vacated and scholarships reduced
-Coach suspended for 9 games
-Child abuse by assistant accusations
-Coach plans to retire and a successor...then backs out and keeps coaching.

8. Michigan State
-Izzo does it right! Good guy, nothing wrong with him!
-Michigan State found to have covered up widespread sexual assault in the university.
-Possible rape/sexual assault cover-up was brought to the light

9. Arizona
-FBI investigation
-Coach is on tape talking about paying the #1 player

10. Indiana
-They were on probation when Cal arrived

Boy...Cal sure has been dirty compared to those other coaches!

As an IU fan, I'll respond this way: Cal's a great coach and a superb recruiter. You guys are lucky to have him, but I wish to God I had access to the posts I used to read on this very board about John Calipari, when he was at Memphis.

Let's just say they were the opposite of flattering and to a man, everybody here thought he was about as bad a cheater as there was in the college game. That changed the very second he landed in Lexington. I hope nobody disagrees with this statement, because everybody here knows it's the truth.

Now, I'm sure many here will rush to bring up Sampson. On the old Peegs board, I'd definitely say most posters accepted the Sampson hire but they also understood that Sampson wasn't clean. The prevailing sentiment was that; "Sampson won't need to cheat at IU" and that "He couldn't be dumb enough to cheat again". Welp, he was stupid enough to cheat again, albeit in the most lightweight way possible. Sampson was one helluva coach, but he turned out to be pretty stupid.

I don't think Cal is stupid at all. Don't know if he's cleaned up his act 100%, but he definitely isn't stupid.

As an IU fan, I'll respond this way: Cal's a great coach and a superb recruiter. You guys are lucky to have him, but I wish to God I had access to the posts I used to read on this very board about John Calipari, when he was at Memphis.

Let's just say they were the opposite of flattering and to a man, everybody here thought he was about as bad a cheater as there was in the college game. That changed the very second he landed in Lexington. I hope nobody disagrees with this statement, because everybody here knows it's the truth.

Now, I'm sure many here will rush to bring up Sampson. On the old Peegs board, I'd definitely say most posters accepted the Sampson hire but they also understood that Sampson wasn't clean. The prevailing sentiment was that; "Sampson won't need to cheat at IU" and that "He couldn't be dumb enough to cheat again". Welp, he was stupid enough to cheat again, albeit in the most lightweight way possible. Sampson was one helluva coach, but he turned out to be pretty stupid.

I don't think Cal is stupid at all. Don't know if he's cleaned up his act 100%, but he definitely isn't stupid.
when was cal ever dirty? Camby took money from an agent, and then cal found out and reported him to the ncaa. Rose paid someone to take his sat way before he even committed to memphis, he was cleared to play and then when the season was over the ncaa investigated his sat score. So i ask you how is cal dirty? please take your time and move the corn out of your eyes if you need to.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
when was cal ever dirty? Camby took money from an agent, and then cal found out and reported him to the ncaa. Rose paid someone to take his sat way before he even committed to memphis, he was cleared to play and then when the season was over the ncaa investigated his sat score. So i ask you how is cal dirty? please take your time and move the corn out of your eyes if you need to.

Well, you glossed right over my statement that nobody but nobody considered Cal a bigger cheater than Kentucky fans, until the very day you guys hired him. Nobody. Anybody here disagreeing either has a short memory or is flat out lying.

As for your question of how Cal cheated, that’s a matter of interpretation. Nobody was better than Cal at being “shocked” when allegations against his players finally saw the light.

This article does a great job explaining how unlucky Cal was in the past. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/...ris-wonderful-life-begin-the-disclaimers.html

Because of Cal's (alleged) past, he was under scrutiny since day 1 from rivals + Media.

But nothing. Zip.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Well, you glossed right over my statement that nobody but nobody considered Cal a bigger cheater than Kentucky fans, until the very day you guys hired him. Nobody. Anybody here disagreeing either has a short memory or is flat out lying.

As for your question of how Cal cheated, that’s a matter of interpretation. Nobody was better than Cal at being “shocked” when allegations against his players finally saw the light.

This article does a great job explaining how unlucky Cal was in the past. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/...ris-wonderful-life-begin-the-disclaimers.html
you’re generalizing all kentucky fans some didn’t think he was a cheater.

What you are saying is mostly right. But Cal’s reputation was that he did things in the gray areas. However, that was the media’s idea of him and we were only going by that. A thorough investigation and interview by UK’s administration proved that Cal’s reputation from the media was wrong and he has done nothing close to breaking rules since he came to UK. I might be in the minority compared to other UK fans but I would like to see UK and IU play yearly again. I am 52 years old, IU was our biggest rival when I was a kid before we started playing UL.

Reactions: RunninRichie

What he got in trouble for is now legal lol

Had Sampson stayed at IU, you guys would've had some damn good teams. Guys like Teague, Trey Lyles, Kyle Guy, Swannigan, Tyler Zeller. Gary Harris, Glenn Robinson, Zak Irvin, & Jarren Jackson aren't all leaving the state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT