ADVERTISEMENT

Cade Tyson

Have to think a kid from NC would be extremely attracted to the Cormac Ryan role/slot at UNC.
UNC fans seem convinced they are getting DJ Davis back, Tyson from Belmont, a really good 2 guard from the portal, and the big guy from Clemson is transferring there

3-point sharpshooter average 46% last year at Belmont has entered the portal and Kentucky has quickly reached out to him as well as some of the big boys as well. 6 ft 7. Who knows more about him than I do?
Maybe the most efficient sharp shooters in college. Shoots great from everywhere. NC, Duke, Kansas and a ton others want him now. We probably could not get a better shooter than him, so it will be interesting to see how hard we push for him. A position that Knox and Richmond plays, just how serious is Cal in trying to win every single game next season? Because, true freshmen will not get it done. He knows it and the fans knows it. Will he get good enough transfers that deserve to be on the floor over the freshmen? Or will he get two or three transfers willing to not start or play a ton of minutes? Starting at Kentucky is what a lot of top transfers would be willing to do. Just needs a fair chance from the coach.

I'm not going to respond to everyone but honestly I'm kinda sick of Dave Kerseys "hot takes" so I'll openly admit I didn't research the player ahead of posting.

If he's as advertised I'll take Tyson with open arms as a Kentucky Wildcat.

Thanks!
Then why post anything?
Some of us enjoy his posts and Ralph Dalton's as well.
Most don't keep score if it happens or not

Well, we know "Kentucky has reached out" means absolutely nothing. Because they aren't serious. Cal has his handful of 5-star starting freshmen, so there's no need to even go to the portal. Cal knows more than we do, even if it never results in Kentucky wins.
How serious do we have to be?
Reaching out is the first step as you have to see if he's even interested in visiting.
The thing about portal players is you can't assume that they are wide open in their recruitment.
Some have a really good idea where they are going before entering.
Some enter just to go to one specific school.
Call it tampering if you want but these recruitments don't start when the player enters.

Reactions: JASUN74
How serious do we have to be?
Reaching out is the first step as you have to see if he's even interested in visiting.
The thing about portal players is you can't assume that they are wide open in their recruitment.
Some have a really good idea where they are going before entering.
Some enter just to go to one specific school.
Call it tampering if you want but these recruitments don't start when the player enters.
This.

I’d bet UNC already talked to this kid before he entered the portal as a replacement for Ryan.

I'm not going to respond to everyone but honestly I'm kinda sick of Dave Kerseys "hot takes" so I'll openly admit I didn't research the player ahead of posting.

If he's as advertised I'll take Tyson with open arms as a Kentucky Wildcat.

Thanks!
Then why would you click on a thread that he started? I mean if he comments on someone else's thread then you won't know until you read it but when it says he started it you know it's going to be his "hot take" so just stay away.

If the kid is from North Carolina, he ain't coming here unless we offer more NIL. Next.

Then how did we land North Carolina kids like John Wall, Bam Adebayo and Rob Dillingham?

The home state loyalty bunk means virtually nothing in today’s recruiting world. This kid already left NC once to play at Belmont, I doubt he’d be averse to doing it again.

Reactions: ukfan041
He’ll be at UNC next season.

Next?

UNC is bringing in two elite wings in recruits Ian Jackson and Drake Powell. They are both top 10 in the rankings. I don't see much opportunity there for a guy like this, especially with Cadeau, Davis, and Trimble possibly being there too.

UNC is bringing in two elite wings in recruits Ian Jackson and Drake Powell. They are both top 10 in the rankings. I don't see much opportunity there for a guy like this, especially with Cadeau, Davis, and Trimble possibly being there too.
Like Bacot, can't run Davis off with a stick. If we had two players like that they would have been gone three years ago.

Then how did we land North Carolina kids like John Wall, Bam Adebayo and Rob Dillingham?

The home state loyalty bunk means virtually nothing in today’s recruiting world. This kid already left NC once to play at Belmont, I doubt he’d be averse to doing it again.

It'll come down to NIL, like I said.

Dave just creates threads he doesn't participate in them... he's very good at leaving his hot take and then creating another thread in 3 weeks.
How about you just sit this thread out. You haven't posted ONE damn thing thread related. If you have a problem with a poster, take it up with them in a private message, nobody wants to read your childish, uninformed BS. Your very first post let me know all I needed to know about your basketball knowledge. Because he listed a Belmont player, you insinuated he was comparable to D2 or D3 guys ? The Oakland kid was a D2 player so,,,,, SEVERAL players from lesser known schools than Belmont (who have been really solid the last 10 years), have made HUGE impacts in the college game. Dalton Knecht ring a bell ? Same size and type of player as Tyson. Is Knecht a D2 caliber player ? Maybe do not respond, you will only make yourself look even more foolish.

Now back on topic. Tyson is a legit shooter, good size and length. He actually shots 60% on open (unguarded) 3's. He is not very athletic and defense is not his strong suit. BUT, he can make shots off the dribble, with a player contesting, driving on close outs, and midrange jumpers. Be a nice sniper to have, I do not know if you would want him playing 25-30 minutes per game though.

Last edited:
Are we 'reaching out' to a lot of players for show? Have not heard about trying to get some of them to visit like several other schools are doing.

The thought is this would be a Cormac replacement. The portal/pro’s will take their cut, and it is unlikely Hubert starts 2 freshmen. But early days, lots of moving pieces. Always room for shooters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT