ADVERTISEMENT

Burks

Jul 21, 2015
Has been a pleasant surprise. I thought he was brought in for a warm body in practice and develop for next year. He's showing that he's going to be able to be serviceable frontcourt depth for this season. I'd love to see us pressure non-stop on defense and utilize what could be a fairly deep bench, when Ugo and Bradshaw return.

He seems to make good decisions. That’s a really good sign this early. I’m just thankful that, so far it doesn’t look like we have a bench full of turnover machines like we have had the past few years.
He’s careful out there right now. Not shooting at times. Real team player.
Doesn’t look like he jumps well- maybe it’s footwork and nerves? Playing out of position.

Needs some strength and weight. Was getting pushed under the basket from the block on free throws. Get in the weight room young man.

Love his attitude. More skilled than Lance and Collins. Likable kid. Can’t wait to see him when he loosens up and plays naturally

Took note when Cal said he’s not a 3 star guy. Cal would know.

For only being 6'8 and 190lbs and a true freshman who's only been with the team less than everybody but Mitchell, I've been very happy with his production. Going out there out of position against bigger and stronger players and still grabbing 5 or 6 boards, helping to lead the break and even getting his hands on some steals or helping cause them. I've been more than pleased and he's much farther along than I expected. I'd say he's a clean swap for what Collins or Ware would have been this year.

Burks will be the 10th man. He won’t play much unless there are injuries.

Agree he will not play much this year (unless we still have our bigs down with injuries) but he is an upgrade in talent. If he is a true 3 or stretch 4 then he might be needed when we have a bunch of foul trouble, like any time we play Kansas or Duke (seems we get more fouls called against us in those games). He will at least be able to come in and get a board or 3 and make a shot or 3. Cannot wait to see him develop over the next 3 months. He should add some needed weight and strength.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT