ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread if & when you want a new Athletic Director

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
Mitch Barnhart who hired Billy Gillispie, Joker Phillips, Kyra Elzy & gave John Calipari this absurd life time contract & hasn't got the backbone to fire him knowing that Calipari is destroying what was the greatest program in the history of college basketball. The only way we get rid of Calipari is with a new athletic director.

I cant for the life of me imagine why Barney gets a free pass. The guy is the picture of incompetence. Our fanbase which once had tremendous sway has basically been neutered by Barney and cal.
A free pass? Y’all have been trashing Barnhart for his entire tenure. What free pass are you talking about specifically?

what I want to know is who was responsible for Calipari's contract.

while I have no shortage of issues with Mitch, I suspect the contract wasn't his idea.

Whoever pushed for it needs to stand up and own it.

I absolutely 100% want Mitch gone. He is actually the bigger problem than Cal now. He had a chance to fix this, and he's chosen poorly. At this point, the fans should really be more pissed at Mitch than Cal. At least Cal is up front about not giving a F about Kentucky basketball winning.

Joker Buy Out
Billy Buy Out
Elzy Buy Out
Cal- stuck with a washed up coach due to lifetime contract.

Who in their right mind thinks this guy is doing a great job?

Also, tried to leave for Kansas job. They didn’t want him.

Joker Buy Out
Billy Buy Out
Elzy Buy Out
Cal- stuck with a washed up coach due to lifetime contract.

Who in their right mind thinks this guy is doing a great job?

Also, tried to leave for Kansas job. They didn’t want him.
Not to mention Gary Henderson buy out. And he gave recently gave Stoops an extension, making him a top 10 paid coach, when 3 of the past 4 years have been subpar results and Stoops wanting to bail to TxAM before their fans revolted and shut that down.

Reactions: bradyjames
I got to look at Barnhart now everyday on the local channels begging for nil money oh the irony he needs us for money purposes but completely turn a deaf ear to the fans needs fire his ass too he is useless not protecting our heritage embarrassing

new girl coach GIF by Vulture.com

Billy Buy Out
BCG had no buyout. He didn’t even have a contract, just a rough working agreement that would have been replaced by a contract had he stuck around and/or both sides been more organized.

They settled with him for a $3 million total payout: $1.5 mil/year.

That’s right. Cal gets paid right around six times what we used to pay Billy Gillispie for the same results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT