ADVERTISEMENT

Bud to Atlanta at #8?

ThroughBlue

All-American
Aug 21, 2005
Andromeda
How awesome would that be for Bud

8. Atlanta Falcons: Alvin Dupree, DE/OLB, Kentucky

The run on edge rushers continues, which is predictable, but some might be surprised by Alvin Dupree over Randy Gregory. After all, Gregory was a popular top-three pick in 2015 NFL Mock Drafts prior to the NFL Combine, so how could he slip past the Falcons, who are desperate for a pass-rusher? Well, Gregory had a poor showing at the NFL Combine, for one. Gregory then tested positive for marijuana, making things worse. There's also his weight loss, and something else that the media is unaware of (but teams are). Dupree, meanwhile, has enjoyed an exceptional draft season. He's also exactly what Atlanta is looking for in terms of an explosive defensive player.

link

Bud doesn't benefit from being raw......and being a part of a very deep class of pass rushers. Every mock draft I've seen has him going anywhere from 8-40. He's going to make someone very happy.

Eight is awfully optimistic, but Bud helped himself a bunch at the combine.

I posted this on another thread. The main determining factor will be the team fit. Bud could go really high or go in the 2nd depending on team need.

For example:
-Fowler is an all-around DE/OLB. He would be great in a 3-4 or 4-3. Bud is just as versatile, but is much more raw.
-Gregory likely is better suited for OLB b/c he finds it hard to get his weight up. Which is surprising since you would think the "munchies" would help with that. Beasley is likely a pure OLB as well since he lacks size enough to be a 4-3 DE.

I am a Falcon fan since they first teed it up. But over the last 50 or so years they have been the worst run team in the league. Rankin Smith put relatives and friends in the front office in the beginning, it got better but not much. It's improved a little with new ownership but not much. No one has a clue how to build a winning franchise, or at least they are using it with the Falcons. If he ends up there, good luck to him.

If my Bengals happen to somehow get Bud, I will do a backflip... Well, not really. But I WANT THIS GUY!

This possibility shows you how important the combine is. I can't believe so many guys actually skip it. Good for him.

Originally posted by Grumpyolddawg:
I am a Falcon fan since they first teed it up. But over the last 50 or so years they have been the worst run team in the league. Rankin Smith put relatives and friends in the front office in the beginning, it got better but not much. It's improved a little with new ownership but not much. No one has a clue how to build a winning franchise, or at least they are using it with the Falcons. If he ends up there, good luck to him.
I wouldn't go that far......about the "worst run team in the league over the last 50 yrs." Turner won me a few fantasy leagues from 2008-2011. And Warrick Dunn was an absolute beast of a yardage monster before Turner.....for the better part of a decade.

From an outsider's perspective, Atlanta needs a premium pass rusher. Then they need to pick up more o-line help......and grab a good RB in the mid-rds. The RB class this yr is incredibly deep.

Originally posted by BengalWACO:
If my Bengals happen to somehow get Bud, I will do a backflip... Well, not really. But I WANT THIS GUY!
If he goes top ten I will do a back flip----Well, not really, but I might fall down trying to do one.

Originally posted by subsonic66:
Id love to see him go 2nd
I'm a Titan fan. And as such, I'd love to see them trade down.......perhaps to get Cleveland's two 1st rd picks. Then take Parker and Dupree.

Reactions: subsonic66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT