ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks, Whitney and Juzang were 2-13 shooting and 0-4 on FT's.........

Why are they taking 13 shots and Quickly only getting 9. No hotter shooter in the county behind the arc than quickly and he gets 4 looks tonight. Any coach worth his salt would be getting quickly as many perimeter shots a game as they can. Our genius 8 million dollar a year can’t manage to get him shots though.

Why are they taking 13 shots and Quickly only getting 9. No hotter shooter in the county behind the arc than quickly and he gets 4 looks tonight. Any coach worth his salt would be getting quickly as many perimeter shots a game as they can. Our genius 8 million dollar a year can’t manage to get him shots though.
Quickley had 3 shots in the first half lol! Terrible coaching!

Juzang gets after it and at least when he shoots it’s in and out and you have hope it may go in
You know Whitney is clanging everything and doesn’t rebound a lick
Juzang then Brook then Whitney

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
It is frustrating watching EJ, Brooks, Whitney and Juzang shooting 17 foot jumpers. But this is dicey. Cal is trying to develop confidence, trying to bring them along such that they can provide something by year end. Hard to do that, probably impossible to do that, if he’s telling them they can’t shoot.

Juzangs gotta be annoyed, shots are halfway down and lip out. He’s gotta get one to splash soon. He’s definitely deserving of Whitney’s minutes.

Reactions: loublue22
Juzangs gotta be annoyed, shots are halfway down and lip out. He’s gotta get one to splash soon. He’s definitely deserving of Whitney’s minutes.
I’d like to see Cal consider playing four guards, at least some of the time.

Reactions: rbky53
I think recruiting athletic players that can't shoot is a recipe for success. Crum did it and won the title in 1980. One out of 40 isn't bad.

In 86, Thompson and Hall could shoot.

Questions I have is 1) why do they have such an open green light and 2) Why in hell is Brooks starting ? Can we just end the experiment ?
Speaking of green lights, why does Hagans have the green light to shoot 3’s early in the shot clock? Happens nearly every game. And he’s hitting 29% now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT