ADVERTISEMENT

Bronny James (bad)

It isn't undisputed though. You are the one putting caveats about it being under 40. The original post stated that Covid is more likely to cause myocarditis because it is. He never limited to men under 40. You did that as some sort of gotcha. The original post as written is factually accurate.
As a whole, he's correct. But that caveat is directly on point with the discussion. We're talking about athletes in their teens and twenties here. Do you not agree it's disingenuous to omit that fact given the discussion?

geez these anti-vax loonies are something else

hey feel free to keep getting your info from YouTube wannabes asking for a handout just leave the rest of the world alone

Reactions: WhatAJokic
As a whole, he's correct. But that caveat is directly on point with the discussion. We're talking about athletes in their teens and twenties here. Do you not agree it's disingenuous to omit that fact given the discussion?
You sure did post a lot when simply saying his post was correct would suffice. Also, the jab as the antivaxxers think is clever to call it is blamed for everything regardless of age so he’s point is valid regardless of age.

Haha. OK. Did you have translate this from Chinese before you typed it??
youtube fashion GIF

Hey just FYI but the poster you’re talking to will literally respond to you for 15 days with jibber jabber unless you just walk away right now. Your point was proven and correct to anyone that is impartial.

Very scary for James. Glad he is in stable condition. Prayers for a full recovery. Thankful medical staff was right there.

Reactions: chroix
Keyontae Johnson, Shareef O’Neal, Jeff Green, Hank Gathers, Reggie Lewis, Pete Maravich all off the top of my head had serious cardiac events way before the COVID vaccine. It happens more often than people think but often isn’t diagnosed until college or later
Hard to tell if you are talking apples to apples or apples to oranges. Might be a good idea for everyone to take a pause and accept they might be wrong. Information about Bronny is limited.

1) It should be okay to at least ask out loud if there's any correlation between the vax and recent medical scares, ie cardiac arrests.
2) It should also be noted that cardiac arrests in people of all ages is not anything new and unfortunately it's happened several times before, to both young and old.
3) I think first you must ask why this happened, not jump to "yes, it most certainly was the vax." There was a former UFC fighter who passed at around 45, cardiac arrest I believe. Immediately folks began saying it was the vax. Turns out per his own Twitter account, he was anti-vax and also anti-mask. Know the situation before spouting off.
4) I'd like a study of a possible link between the vax and cardiac arrests, if there is any. I'd also like a study on why it seems mass shootings occur more now than in the past. Sometimes we don't get what we want even when it would be useful.
5) Have cardiac arrests happened more recently or is it because we know instantly, similarly to mass shootings. It's something I'd like to know.

^ pretty sensible instead of just arguing anti and pro vax and pretending we know the medical histories of strangers.
Hey, NW, good fair post.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
Didn’t the son of Kirk Herbstreit that plays at OSU have something going on lately, heart issue? I seen Stoops mentioned them in his SEC media day opening statements

Last edited:
Hey just FYI but the poster you’re talking to will literally respond to you for 15 days with jibber jabber unless you just walk away right now. Your point was proven and correct to anyone that is impartial.
I didn’t say his point was incorrect. I pointed out that the initial point which he tried to dismiss was factually correct. Both of those items can be true. Don’t want me to respond don’t quote my post. It’s a pretty simple solution. I won’t back down from my argument. I don’t care if you think it is jibber jabber. I don’t make posts to please you and whether you like it or not doesnt even make the list of my considerations.

I'm hesitant to comment on politics, but either you conveniently left out the exception in that article which is directly on point with this thread or you didn't read the article in full. I hope it's the latter.

Direct language from that article: "...with one exception. Men under 40 who received a second dose of the Moderna vaccine had a higher risk of myocarditis following vaccination... 14 extra cases with the first dose of the Moderna vaccine for every 1 million men vaccinated. That risk rose with the second dose for all three vaccines studied and was highest for Moderna's, which had an additional 97 myocarditis cases per 1 million."

I don't know whether Bronny was vaccinated and I don't care. I do know, however, that you're a victim of your own words.
Nope. Everybody is speaking generally about the vaccine.

This isn’t a political discussion. It’s a discussion of science.

The science of measuring miocharditis among those infected is very hard because of how many asymptomatic cases that were never discovered.

The issue is that both sides of the political spectrum ignored science. Idiots on the left kept schools closed when kids were at virtually no risk. Kids suffered and still suffer. Teacher’s unions did our country and kids a massive disservice.

Loonies on both the left and right have made up sensational claims about the vaccines. The vaccines have acted just like every other viral vaccine. They pose the risk of potential inflammation. Not just in your heart. But joints etc…. Just like the virus can. Except in almost all cases the risk from the virus is greater than the vaccine.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhDcat2018
Nope. Everybody is speaking generally about the vaccine.

This isn’t a political discussion. It’s a discussion of science.

The science of measuring miocharditis among those infected is very hard because of how many asymptomatic cases that were never discovered.

The issue is that both sides of the political spectrum ignored science. Idiots on the left kept schools closed when kids were at virtually no risk. Kids suffered and still suffer. Teacher’s unions did our country and kids a massive disservice.

Loonies on both the left and right have made up sensational claims about the vaccines. The vaccines have acted just like every other viral vaccine. They pose the risk of potential inclination. Not just in your heart. But joints etc…. Just like the virus can. Except in almost all cases the risk from the virus is greater than the vaccine.
It’s lazy for people to say or assume politics so I appreciate you getting it back to “science” and not an agenda.

geez these anti-vax loonies are something else

hey feel free to keep getting your info from YouTube wannabes asking for a handout just leave
No one is anti Vax. That isn't even a vaccine. We are anti mandates on experimental DNA therapy. Therapy so effective they had to force mandates to get ppl to take. More vaccines administered the more money pharma made.

By all means you can shoot heroin directly into you eyeballs if you want. I don't want the govt telling me they are going to forcefully experiment on me and my child.

You loons are comparing these jabs with no data to vaccines that we used for Half a century with plenty of trial data. Hell they admit flu shots are largely ineffective most yrs even with 70 yrs of practice.

We could have went thru this jab free and had the same results. Virus is going to virus.

And libs will get down on knees mouth wide open for anything their govt overlords spit at them. My body my choice remember.

Reactions: TNTUK
Glad Bronny pulled through. Whenever I hear something like this, it makes me think of a local high school kid in East TN several years ago named Jake Logue. Jake wasn't a 5 star and didn't even have a recruiting profile. He was just a kid enjoying his senior year of football when he collapsed and died late 3rd quarter of the season opener. He was trotting back to the huddle after a play and just collapsed. It turned out he had a problem with one of his heart valves that his physicals didn't detect.

Same thing with a guy who was a maintenance mechanic at work. He was 33, a non-smoker and non-drinker. He was a big, strapping dude who looked like he could bench press a dump truck. One day just before lunch, he was at his toolbox putting some things away, and he collapsed. Two of his coworkers performed CPR on him until the company EMTs got there and took over, but he was dead. One EMT said he was probably dead before he hit the floor. No history of heart trouble, but the autopsy showed he had a bad valve.

My family has a history of heart trouble and I have a stress and echo test every few years. Had one last October and everything still looks good. I've outlived my older brother, who died at 57 and closing in on my dad's 69 years. I've no doubt taken better care of myself than they did, but still, your heart can be a bitch if you neglect her.

That's fine for you but not for the many others who have mysteriously suffered untimely deaths. The only common factor was the vaccine. Now, certainly not all of those are vaccine related, but some I'm sure are. But don't worry the ones making billions will tell you how safe they really are, through their studies. 🤔

Let's cue the big righteous word "conspiracy theories", since I have not seen it mentioned yet.
Zero evidence, just fear mongering.

Don’t you hate how cookie leftist HAVE to control the language in order to shame and harass any ideological dissenters? “Anti-vaxxer” “conspiracy theorists” “bigots” “racists” etc.

Yep. They're brainwashed & the poor ignorant puppets don't realize it.

Reactions: WTF Cat and UKMKG
How's that HepB, HepA, Rotavirus, Diptheria, Tetanus, Haemophilos Flu B, Pneumonococcal, Polio, Influenza, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Chickenpox, and Meningococcal A & B? You skip those vaccinations, too?
The mmr vaccine caused my paralysis.... being skeptical is a healthy thing.
If you’re a respectable American citizen you should have gotten the vaccine. Common sense folks. Help your neighbor (unless you live next to Corbin).
The covid vaccine does not stop transmission.

My not being vaccinated has much more to do with the fact that I have a extremely low risk of severe case or death based on many factors (age, fit, no major comorbidities, etc), and the fact that the vaccine doesn't do anything to keep you from getting it or passing it along. In addition, natural immunity invokes a stronger reaction to the virus than the vaccine (CDC recognized), so there is literally no reason for myself or my children to take it. I guess I have to ask those that want to point fingers at those of us that didn't get it, if it doesn't necessarily help with keeping you from getting it, and you can still pass it along, why would you have your children or young adults get it if they are at an extremely low risk?

My not being vaccinated has much more to do with the fact that I have a extremely low risk of severe case or death based on many factors (age, fit, no major comorbidities, etc), and the fact that the vaccine doesn't do anything to keep you from getting it or passing it along. In addition, natural immunity invokes a stronger reaction to the virus than the vaccine (CDC recognized), so there is literally no reason for myself or my children to take it. I guess I have to ask those that want to point fingers at those of us that didn't get it, if it doesn't necessarily help with keeping you from getting it, and you can still pass it along, why would you have your children or young adults get it if they are at an extremely low risk?
Watch out common sense isn’t allowed on here you might be called tinfoil hat head

I am not a doctor and have no idea if it is vaccine or covid infection related but it does seem there are more young people who are having heart and blood clot issues than before Covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKMKG
New peer-revewed strong mRNA vaccine....July 20

From your link...

"Major adverse cardiac events (MACE) including acute heart failure, cardiac death, life-threatening arrhythmia and acute myocardial infarction (AMI) were assessed at 30-day follow-up. "

"Thirty-day follow-up was completed in 775 participants (99.7%) and no participant developed MACE (0% [95%CI 0-0.4%])"

"all cases were mild with only a transient and short period of myocardial injury (maximum hs-cTnT concentration 35ng/L). No patient showed ECG changes and, no patient developed MACE within 30 days"

"its transient nature, good long-term outcomes can be expected. COVID-19 associates with a substantially higher risk for myocarditis that mRNA vaccination33, and myocarditis related to COVID-19 infection has shown a higher mortality than myocarditis related to mRNA-vaccination.34,35 Thus, for the majority of individuals, the overall very favorable risk-benefit ratio of booster immunizationspersists"

"Before the COVID-19 vaccine were available, the incidence and extent of myocardial injury associated with COVID-19 infection was much higher than observed in this active surveillance study after booster vaccination."

I will stop there.

Reactions: GGary
Reactions: thabigbluenation
At the end of the day, the medical histories and whatever serious issues people may have are none of our business. Bronny could've been vaccinated but received no booster. Maybe this incident stems from that decision. Or, maybe it doesn't. Maybe he actually wasn't vaxxed and this was unavoidable. We just don't know but now that's never going to stop many from asserting their personal beliefs into any scary health situation. Jamie Foxx recently had some serious health issues but no one from his camp is speaking about it, and that's their right. It's not our business. That won't stop some from making it a vaxx issue though. And I'm not putting the full blame on folks who have serious questions about the vaccine. I do think however that thought process has now become an obsession with some. For the next couple of decades, any health issue in a celebrity will automatically go back to the vax or someone being dramatic and saying 'they probably had 47 boosters." Dunno man, it's just tiresome seeing so many assertions and pretend experts online just because you read some articles during COVID or listened to a podcast (not directing that at anyone here, just in general).

This is a James family situation. They should ask how and why this happened and probably have. This is a four page thread (including a couple of my posts) mostly about the vax, when we have no clue what actually happened. That's all I'm saying in my extremely long-winded way.

From your link...

"Major adverse cardiac events (MACE) including acute heart failure, cardiac death, life-threatening arrhythmia and acute myocardial infarction (AMI) were assessed at 30-day follow-up. "

"Thirty-day follow-up was completed in 775 participants (99.7%) and no participant developed MACE (0% [95%CI 0-0.4%])"

"all cases were mild with only a transient and short period of myocardial injury (maximum hs-cTnT concentration 35ng/L). No patient showed ECG changes and, no patient developed MACE within 30 days"

"its transient nature, good long-term outcomes can be expected. COVID-19 associates with a substantially higher risk for myocarditis that mRNA vaccination33, and myocarditis related to COVID-19 infection has shown a higher mortality than myocarditis related to mRNA-vaccination.34,35 Thus, for the majority of individuals, the overall very favorable risk-benefit ratio of booster immunizationspersists"

"Before the COVID-19 vaccine were available, the incidence and extent of myocardial injury associated with COVID-19 infection was much higher than observed in this active surveillance study after booster vaccination."

I will stop there.

Correct. I wasn't sharing to prove any point. It's a new study & I'm just sharing. I'm not on "sides", I just want truth & transparency.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT