ADVERTISEMENT

Brock Vandagriff in the Portal

Yeah I'm sure our NCAA championship winning volleyball coach would be thrilled to burn a scholarship to help the football program

Probably a stupid question but how good is he? Dont know much about him and I feel like I probably should. Does he fit what Coen would want? Can he add a run element like Levis?

He’s a bit of a wild card after only attempting 21 passes at Georgia. We don’t have a great idea if he’s really panned out compared to his recruiting ranking or not. Still, I like taking a chance on him compared to a lot of the other names floating around. He has the prospect pedigree, spent his last couple of years in a Georgia offense that in the big picture is fairly similar to what we want to run, and has two years of eligibility to provide some possible continuity. I’m all for it if he wants to transfer here.

Last edited:
From Georgia class A high school, level of competition could be suspect. Has been at UGA 3 years I think

From Georgia class A high school, level of competition could be suspect. Has been at UGA 3 years I think
Wasn’t he a 5 Star prospect??? Don’t know much about him. Can he run if the protection breaks down or the receivers are covered? What kind of arm does he have?? The BIGGEST question is can he read a defense Pre and Post snap and go through his progressions quickly and find the open receivers??

I believe the main reason he is transferring is because Carson Beck is returning.

Meh, someone please sell me on this guy. Didn't seem to get a sniff at UGA maybe GrumpyDawg can shed some light. But after all the pre hype on Twitter about it being a homerun transfer, this doesn't move the needle much other than being a former 5 star. Then again I could be wrong, it's happened before lol

Reactions: bigbluedon
I do not like his throwing motion or that he played Private School A class ball
I was hoping for Will Howard
If I’m going portal I want someone with game experience- hope we used a portal Coupon for this guy

Wasn’t he a 5 Star prospect??? Don’t know much about him. Can he run if the protection breaks down or the receivers are covered? What kind of arm does he have?? The BIGGEST question is can he read a defense Pre and Post snap and go through his progressions quickly and find the open receivers??

I believe the main reason he is transferring is because Carson Beck is returning.
He was a 5* more of a pro style QB I think. He expected to compete for the starter position at QB this season. 6'3" 210. not much info on him out there

He seems to be the guy, I wanted Kentucky to get the Howard kid form Kansas st
Read today that Lincoln Riley flew in to talk to him over the weekend. That means it’s going to take A LOT of money to get him.

Vandergriff may be the better option if Coen KNOWS he can get 2 BIG seasons out of him like he did with Levis. And not cost UK a huge chunk of NIL money.

Not complaining, cause I trust staff. But I would have prefered an experienced starter as this person will be handed the starting job. No competition or backup really.

Reactions: FltDoc
Read today that Lincoln Riley flew in to talk to him over the weekend. That means it’s going to take A LOT of money to get him.

Vandergriff may be the better option if Coen KNOWS he can get 2 BIG seasons out of him like he did with Levis. And not cost UK a huge chunk of NIL money.
Auburn guy is saying we’re offering 2mil in NIL. Don’t know how true it is. One of those sisters cousins dog sitter said so kinda deal.

I figured usc would be all in on Dillon Gabriel or cam ward

Meh, someone please sell me on this guy. Didn't seem to get a sniff at UGA maybe GrumpyDawg can shed some light. But after all the pre hype on Twitter about it being a homerun transfer, this doesn't move the needle much other than being a former 5 star. Then again I could be wrong, it's happened before lol
Grumpy's commented about him, you just missed it. Grumpy did think he was headed to Auburn.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
So Lincoln Reilly recruited him to Oklahoma but Brock flipped to UGA and Lincoln got Caleb Williams. Does anyone know if USC has reached out to Brock since Lincoln already knows him.

Reactions: Girthang
It’s freaking Georgia that’s why. Studs galore, he was a five star QB, can’t pass on talent like that here.

I do not like his throwing motion or that he played Private School A class ball
I was hoping for Will Howard
If I’m going portal I want someone with game experience- hope we used a portal Coupon for this guy
Can’t argue about wanting game experience. And, after watching his HS film, his throwing motion is my biggest concern. He really needs to work on his mechanics & shorten his windup. But, he looked like a solid passer, aside from that. And, that could’ve already been fixed for all I know. Throws a very catchable ball, with nice touch when needed. Looked to have a pretty strong arm, but, again the release will need to be tightened up to get those passes off in the SEC. Threw it well on rollouts, or, on the run, as well.

Looked pretty quick & mobile; kinda reminded me of Levis in that department. It’s hard to tell much about accuracy from a highlight package, but, he put a lot of balls right where they needed to be. Again, it’s tough to judge highlight films, but, it did look like he went thru his progressions pretty well on a lot of his throws. We could do a lot worse, IMO. If Coen likes him & sees him as a fit, he could be the perfect 2-year bridge to Boley & Saunders.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
It’s freaking Georgia that’s why. Studs galore, he was a five star QB, can’t pass on talent like that here.
Just because it's freaking Georgia doesn't sell me, and just because he had 5 stars & zero experience doesn't translate to success @ UK.
Again, I was asking for someone to sell why he's the option over other proven highly talented options on the portal. Him being on Georgia's roster tells me nothing, I can read the same roster.......hence my comment asking what the sell is lol

Reactions: bigbluedon
Just because it's freaking Georgia doesn't sell me, and just because he had 5 stars & zero experience doesn't translate to success @ UK.
Again, I was asking for someone to sell why he's the option over other proven highly talented options on the portal. Him being on Georgia's roster tells me nothing, I can read the same roster.......hence my comment asking what the sell is lol
That is the sell, the upside. He’s had 3 year learning under a fantastic coach. Seeing a legit defense everyday as well. You take a guy like that here. He doesn’t have game experience and that’s a downside but he can get PT here and we can see what he’s got.

Stoops and Coen are both gingers, and so is this Vandagriff kid. Not sure how I feel about that.

Although, it is well established that gingers have no souls, so perhaps Vandagriff will look to steal the souls of our opponents. Frankly, Stoops and Coen could do a bit more of that themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT