ADVERTISEMENT

Branham update

While the "Boom" was fun for a second, I'm not sure how much tolerance the fans will have for coy coaches at the moment. Between Stojakovic and Smith, fans are gonna start feeling apprehensive since our big weekend is going from a pool to a puddle.
It’s become clear to me that the pumpers on here will still act like everything is going great even if our roster is full of NAIA players.

It’s been nothing but whiff after whiff for players. Now we know why they cast such a wide net. Seems like they’re just hoping to get enough to fill the roster regardless of talent level at this point and the final roster will probably reflect that.

Well let’s hear the 6….
Carr- Made it to campus
AM - Made it to campus
Garrison- visiting Arkansas .. We are after Carr and Osobor first anyways
Baby Peja- wouldnt promise him a spot and with his numbers we dodged a bullet
D. Smith - transcripts not lining up
and the 6th...... who was the 6th or were they counting Osobor coming on monday?

Carr- Made it to campus
AM - Made it to campus
and the 6th...... who was the 6th or were they counting Osobor coming on monday?
Osobor is next week and never heard the garrison visit was confirmed

Garrison has Arky visit this weeknd.

Reactions: TM2013
It’s become clear to me that the pumpers on here will still act like everything is going great even if our roster is full of NAIA players.

It’s been nothing but whiff after whiff for players. Now we know why they cast such a wide net. Seems like they’re just hoping to get enough to fill the roster regardless of talent level at this point and the final roster will probably reflect that.
So the lame, immature "pumpers" schticht extends past the Cal era into this one? Weak sh*t.

While the "Boom" was fun for a second, I'm not sure how much tolerance the fans will have for coy coaches at the moment. Between Stojakovic and Smith, fans are gonna start feeling apprehensive since our big weekend is going from a pool to a puddle.
What percentage of the entire fanbase right now is paying attention and gives a shit? Or know a "big weekend" was supposed to be happening? 1%? 3%?

Most every Wildcat fan is happy with our new coach, and can't wait to see the new team introduced at Midnight Madness. For now they are enjoying spring, Derby time, baseball aeason, looking forward to summer.

Some of y'all need to get off here & touch grass. You are not doing your mental health any good hitting refresh refresh refresh OH NO JOE HAPABLAPP COMMITTED TO POPCORN STATE WE ARE DOOMED TO 3-25!@#$%%^&*

So a pumper to you is someone who doesn't lay on the ground 24x7 and cry for their toy. Got it.
No it’s someone who continually says things are great or fine 24/7 even when they’re not. There were plenty of those during Billy’s two years, during Kal’s back half at UK and now with Pope.

Just look at how so many people did a total 180 on Pope after just one day. The fanbase has a bunch of drones that just blindly support whatever UK decides. These people are generally the pumpers.

California has a great recruiter, Matt Scherbenske. Former Wildcat, someone we should look to bring on in 2-3 years if any of Pope’s current staff leave for bigger jobs. I met Matt at an NBA game years back and it seemed like he had a ton of love for Kentucky. Seemed like he wore his survival of the Gillispie years as a badge of pride, which I thought was cool and spoke to his character. He was just starting out at Central Arkansas when I met him, he was awesome to talk hoops with and invited me out with another guy who was an assistant but I was out of town for the game and had to get back for work in the morning. It was cool meeting him and following his rise since then.

How ironic that a player who started out in Division III annihilated Kentucky's McDonalds all-americans and NBA lottery picks in the NCAA tournament less than two months ago. But we will get the players we need and not from NAIA programs. Our coach was introduced three weeks ago tomorrow and he filled out his staff only a few days ago. We have the coach, the assistants and the funding to meet the challenge of constructing an entire roster basically from scratch and I am confident they will get it done. And, when the book is closed on this recruitment, we will have a complement of tough and experienced players that fit together as a team, not a bunch of green freshmen cobbled together on the basis of press clippings and NBA draft projections.

California has a great recruiter, Matt Scherbenske. Former Wildcat, someone we should look to bring on in 2-3 years if any of Pope’s current staff leave for bigger jobs. I met Matt at an NBA game years back and it seemed like he had a ton of love for Kentucky. Seemed like he wore his survival of the Gillispie years as a badge of pride, which I thought was cool and spoke to his character. He was just starting out at Central Arkansas when I met him, he was awesome to talk hoops with and invited me out with another guy who was an assistant but I was out of town for the game and had to get back for work in the morning. It was cool meeting him and following his rise since then.
He would have to be a good recruiter if he can convince a player to come to California University

Reactions: BigKari
No it’s someone who continually says things are great or fine 24/7 even when they’re not. There were plenty of those during Billy’s two years, during Kal’s back half at UK and now with Pope.

Just look at how so many people did a total 180 on Pope after just one day. The fanbase has a bunch of drones that just blindly support whatever UK decides. These people are generally the pumpers.
---
And you are specifically a troll from another fan base.

Carr- Made it to campus
AM - Made it to campus
Oweh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT