ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon McCoy wants to hear from Pope

Well the great news here.. the recruits are at least intrigued. They know about Pope and they are keeping an eye on us to see if he's the real deal.

Because a storied program liked UK combined with a great/modern coach, is a real dangerous tandem for recruiting. No other program will have both. Not Duke, not Uconn, not Kansas, not UNC..

Reactions: jrpross
Anyone know if McCoy has a slow walk? We need some more slow walking players to balance out all this fast paste offense.
You beat me to the “how’s his walk” joke by 2 minutes. That always has to follow “fast paste.” It’s like a rule or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: FilsonCat
I don't like the whole begging for attention. If you're great at what you do, Pope will find out and seek you out. You're still going to drag schools along for attention after you've been offered a scholly, so stop begging.

You know, it’s not bad. Best way to describe is like a big giant suburb with no city in the middle.
I lived there a long time ago (left in 2000), went to school at the now closed CTU campus. Was a VERY different culture than the one I left at Lexington.

Well the great news here.. the recruits are at least intrigued. They know about Pope and they are keeping an eye on us to see if he's the real deal.

Because a storied program liked UK combined with a great/modern coach, is a real dangerous tandem for recruiting. No other program will have both. Not Duke, not Uconn, not Kansas, not UNC..
UCONN is pretty damned close to both storied and modern coach.

Seems Genuine.

Conversely, everybody is going to want to hear from us and the other bluebloods with this NIL garbage. It's nothing but leverage and a bidding war now.
Yep, I'm almost dead certain that kids in AAU ball these days don't talk about the program, history or winning it all. They talk about "yo dude, you hear what Jimmy's making in NIL over there at Kentucky? Daaayummmm".

Yep, I'm almost dead certain that kids in AAU ball these days don't talk about the program, history or winning it all. They talk about "yo dude, you hear what Jimmy's making in NIL over there at Kentucky? Daaayummmm".

Something about making a "bag".

Michaelscott Jpj GIF - Michaelscott Jpj Theoffice GIFs

UCONN is pretty damned close to both storied and modern coach.

I did pause when I got to them.. I think I'd be fine making the argument that they are both. But, still think they just don't have the athletic funding and general facilities to be on UKs level (or any P5 school, really). But their fanbas is pretty Stout now, and they travel and spend money.

I think a lot of this turns into bidding wars now especially with a number 1 recruit.

Whenever money is involved people usually flock to the highest bidder

I feel like we gone from the front of the jersey mattering the most to then who can get me drafted the most and now finally who is willing to pay me the most lol

They all want to hear from Kentucky. Some top recruits will ultimately end up here, but they all want to be able to use the UK name as NIL leverage. Again, the name is now a commodity for agents/handlers in the NIL era. Gonna be in a ton of "Top 5" lists!

I want just once a kid to post a Top 5 that looks like this:

Kentucky
Not-utknoxville
Not-bama
Not-arky
Not-U6

They can then post a graphic with X's over the "Not" schools and checkmark over the UK logo.

Last edited:
Your posts are insufferable

No question some play for NIL but that will change over time. When limits are placed on how much a player get its will become who is offering the cash. No one has the facilities, history and fan base as does UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT