ADVERTISEMENT

Bradshaw

Pilgrim also said earlier tonight that the concerns with Klutch not wanting him to play are no longer an issue. Essentially, seeing Cal be more open to a 5-out style has lessened their concerns about him potentially misplaying Bradshaw. Talks about it just after the 1 hour mark of the following:

So they had concerns initially, which likely explains how this injury has dragged on much longer than it should have. They wanted to see how Cal was going to play before giving Bradshaw the green light.

But be careful, what new injury will crop up if Cal makes even the slightest mistake and pisses off the Klutch Klan? I certainly hope this isn’t the new standard where these marketing companies hold the coaches hostage to get their way.

People like you also said that Sharpe would definitely be playing for us at some point, and he never did. You need to remember that. You guys were wrong. The Klutch smoke from the summer was real. The Shaedon Sharpe stuff was real. Your attempt to mock Kentucky fans for being cautionary is silly and makes you look silly.
How dumb do you have to be to think Aaron Bradshaw is Shaedon Sharpe. People like you swore up and down the Aaron Bradshaw was going to USC because of “reports”. You need to remember that, you were wrong questioning his integrity then and you’re wrong now.

The Clutch smoke from the summer was they wanted him at USC. If he has no choice why is he at UK if he has no choice? It’s almost like you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Now every recruit won’t play due to Shaedon Sharpe according Kentucky haters. LOL at calling people who constantly attack the program fans. You haters are the minority and not representative of real UK fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildcatFan60
No, we are slandering and questioning the integrity of Klutch. Bradshaw has no say in whether he plays or not. Same with Sharpe. They are being manipulated, that’s the speculation.
No you’re slandering the integrity of a kid who said he was playing. You’re calling him a liar when you say he isn’t. Y’all always try to sugarcoat and deflect for your BS.

Never know man. Sharpe practiced with the team.
Sharpe’s goal was to get paid no matter who he screwed in the process. No injury. No pretense.

Bradshaw on the other hand is/was injured. Had surgery, suggesting that it might be slow to heal. Unless one has some sleazy psychotic distrust of UK basketball, there is no reason to suspect the two situations are similar. But you might be right, I read it right here on Rafters. And nobody on Rafters is EVER wrong. Just ask’em.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I’ll be very curious/excited to see this team with at least one of the 7 footers in the line up. Been saying it, but really hope we can get one or two back before league play so they can get some reps in during ooc.

No you’re slandering the integrity of a kid who said he was playing. You’re calling him a liar when you say he isn’t. Y’all always try to sugarcoat and deflect for your BS.
I've got news for ya, fella, I've not ever slandered the kid or said he was lying, and I've seen no one here do it, either. We've all been pissed about the Klutch situation because we know it's very likely the case that they are the reason his "injury" has lasted way longer than it should have.

And if you just saw that Pilgrim tidbit above, you'll agree that it's clear Klutch was indeed holding Bradshaw out under the guise of "injury" until they saw Cal's game plan for positioning of players. Now that they see what he's done, they are giving the green light to let him practice. But as I said a bit ago, we all need to temper our excitement because the moment Cal changes up or puts Bradshaw in a position his Klutch "handlers" don't like, we may never see him on the court again.

Happened once, so it's no longer unprecedented...pandora's box is open and there's always the chance it could happen again.
What recruit next year isn’t gonna play because of Shaedon Sharpe? What recruit is gonna steal a teammate’s gold chain because Shawn Kemp did? Any answers, maybe we should just assume the worst about all of our players. 🤡

Sharpe’s goal was to get paid no matter who he screwed in the process. No injury. No pretense.

Bradshaw on the other hand is/was injured. Had surgery, suggesting that it might be slow to heal. Unless one has some sleazy psychotic distrust of UK basketball, there is no reason to suspect the two situations are similar. But you might be right, I read it right here on Rafters. And nobody on Rafters is EVER wrong. Just ask’em.
Most of us are speculating that Klutch is the reason Bradshaw is being held back, not the kid or UK.

What will happen, however, is that the fanbase will blow up should the Bradshaw situation turn out to be another Sharpe saga. Cal needs to send Klutch packing if they keep holding him and UK hostage, as is what many fans speculate is happening. The Pilgrim tidbit above hints very strongly that this speculation was accurate - Klutch was using the injury/surgery to see what Cal did with his game plan on the court. Now that they are "pleased", Bradshaw is supposedly practicing (albeit private practices...whatever the hell that means).

I have a bad feeling that this type of marketing company handler hostage taking will become more prevalent for many teams, not just UK.

R.ab0f179d1a81fd8d609d9537811140e7

Lots of crow about to be served.

I've got news for ya, fella, I've not ever slandered the kid or said he was lying, and I've seen no one here do it, either. We've all been pissed about the Klutch situation because we know it's very likely the case that they are the reason his "injury" has lasted way longer than it should have.

And if you just saw that Pilgrim tidbit above, you'll agree that it's clear Klutch was indeed holding Bradshaw out under the guise of "injury" until they saw Cal's game plan for positioning of players. Now that they see what he's done, they are giving the green light to let him practice. But as I said a bit ago, we all need to temper our excitement because the moment Cal changes up or puts Bradshaw in a position his Klutch "handlers" don't like, we may never see him on the court again.
When he says he’s playing and you say he isn’t, that is questioning his integrity and saying he’s lying. I can’t stop laughing at all these self righteous excuses y’all make for slandering the kid. Bradshaw is gonna play and y’all are gonna lie and claim you never said he wouldn’t. Just like this summer when y’all said he was going to USC and and no choice because of Klutch.

None of you can site a single source for your BS claims. Not anyone at Klutch, not anyone associated with Aaron Bradshaw, just “reports” that were really twitter rumors. So let me ask, where do you get your Klutch info that you’re so sure about then? Zero chance you answer.

One take Ive not read much about, which us fans could believe, it's possible that:

Bradshaws people waited to observe his draft stock... now that it is possibly beginning to dip below a 'certain threshhold' they feel the risk/ reward of our future NBA big playing is now worth the effort of contribution?
Regardless what it is; im F'n pumped to get him in the rotation! He an free'd Big Z

Pilgrim just makes stuff up along the way. Bradshaw has intended to play all along. Has nothing to do with Klutch. Klutch is an obsession of the CHC.

Any connections to Klutch are good for UK. Same people whining about this whined about JV. And he was truly hurt. Sharpe was a different situation. He came in mid season. Whether one believes that was handled correctly or not it had nothing to do with an injury.

Now the CHC wants to whine about Maui and anything else they can find to whine about. It's what they do.

Most of us are speculating that Klutch is the reason Bradshaw is being held back, not the kid or UK.

What will happen, however, is that the fanbase will blow up should the Bradshaw situation turn out to be another Sharpe saga. Cal needs to send Klutch packing if they keep holding him and UK hostage, as is what many fans speculate is happening. The Pilgrim tidbit above hints very strongly that this speculation was accurate - Klutch was using the injury/surgery to see what Cal did with his game plan on the court. Now that they are "pleased", Bradshaw is supposedly practicing (albeit private practices...whatever the hell that means).

I have a bad feeling that this type of marketing company handler hostage taking will become more prevalent for many teams, not just UK.
We have another Klutch insider on our hands who doesn’t know a single person at Klutch making up BS stories. Who is your source on this info that Klutch was using the injury/surgery to see what Cal did with his gameplan? Zero chance you answer.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDude73
There's an awful lot of attacking fans and Monday morning quarterbacking in this thread. But we all know that every poster here had some level of doubt about if Bradshaw would actually play. At least some level, after Sharpe. So go ahead and say you never had even a shred of doubt, and I'll call ya a liar.

Reactions: EliteBlue
How dumb do you have to be to think Aaron Bradshaw is Shaedon Sharpe. People like you swore up and down the Aaron Bradshaw was going to USC because of “reports”. You need to remember that, you were wrong questioning his integrity then and you’re wrong now.

The Clutch smoke from the summer was they wanted him at USC. If he has no choice why is he at UK if he has no choice? It’s almost like you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Now every recruit won’t play due to Shaedon Sharpe according Kentucky haters. LOL at calling people who constantly attack the program fans. You haters are the minority and not representative of real UK fans.
Thanks for proving my post above. UK fan or not, you are the biggest on this board and there’s not a close 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:
One take Ive not read much about, which us fans could believe, it's possible that:

Bradshaws people waited to observe his draft stock... now that it is possibly beginning to dip below a 'certain threshhold' they feel the risk/ reward of our future NBA big playing is now worth the effort of contribution?
Regardless what it is; im F'n pumped to get him in the rotation! He an free'd Big Z
It’s possible that Bradshaw hates UK and committed to us just to make the fanbase mad… since we’re making up stuff.

When he says he’s playing and you say he isn’t, that is questioning his integrity and saying he’s lying. I can’t stop laughing at all these self righteous excuses y’all make for slandering the kid. Bradshaw is gonna play and y’all are gonna lie and claim you never said he wouldn’t. Just like this summer when y’all said he was going to USC and and no choice because of Klutch.

None of you can site a single source for your BS claims. Not anyone at Klutch, not anyone associated with Aaron Bradshaw, just “reports” that were really twitter rumors. So let me ask, where do you get your Klutch info that you’re so sure about then? Zero chance you answer.
Ok, you win.

There's an awful lot of attacking fans and Monday morning quarterbacking in this thread. But we all know that every poster here had some level of doubt about if Bradshaw would actually play. At least some level, after Sharpe. So go ahead and say you never had even a shred of doubt, and I'll call ya a liar.
Aaron Bradshaw is not Shaedon Sharpe. I’m not sure why this is so confusing to y’all.

Pilgrim just makes stuff up along the way. Bradshaw has intended to play all along. Has nothing to do with Klutch. Klutch is an obsession of the CHC.

Any connections to Klutch are good for UK. Same people whining about this whined about JV. And he was truly hurt. Sharpe was a different situation. He came in mid season. Whether one believes that was handled correctly or not it had nothing to do with an injury.

Now the CHC wants to whine about Maui and anything else they can find to whine about. It's what they do.
What's this CHC acronym?

Aaron Bradshaw is not Shaedon Sharpe. I’m not sure why this is so confusing to y’all.
I'm not sure why you're confused about Sharpe laying a successful blueprint, that was allowed, that may be potentially copied by others. Would that surprise you? Do you personally know Bradshaw and his people and would've sworn he would never do that? Is that confusing to you how people may have had doubts?

No, we are slandering and questioning the integrity of Klutch. Bradshaw has no say in whether he plays or not. Same with Sharpe. They are being manipulated, that’s the speculation.
Doesn't work that way dude. You're absolutely slandering and questioning the integrity of Bradshaw if you're accusing him of coming here and stringing us along with no intention of actually playing. "He's doing it because his agent's in his ear" doesn't change that.

Reactions: Graham51
I'm not sure why you're confused about Sharpe laying a successful blueprint, that was allowed, that may be potentially copied by others. Would that surprise you? Do you personally know Bradshaw and his people and would've sworn he would never do that? Is that confusing to you how people may have had doubts?
Because i’m smart enough to see that they are two entirely different situations and two entirely different people. I also don’t have an agenda to make everything negative because i’m a disgruntled Cal hater.

I know what Aaron Bradshaw said out of his mouth. I know what kind of person he has shown himself to be. I also know not to compare extremes to the norm.

Have fun crying when he actually plays. I wonder what excuse you’ll make up for him playing.

Just a FYI for the Bradshaw has no choice crowd. Klutch works for Aaron Bradshaw, it’s not the other way around. He is not their slave and he makes his own decisions. Just like y’all swore up and down that he was going to USC because that’s where Klutch wanted him, y’all claimed he had to do what Klutch told him and had no choice, somehow he’s at UK.

Because i’m smart enough to see that they are two entirely different situations and two entirely different people. I also don’t have an agenda to make everything negative because i’m a disgruntled Cal hater.

I know what Aaron Bradshaw said out of his mouth. I know what kind of person he has shown himself to be. I also know not to compare extremes to the norm.

Have fun crying when he actually plays. I wonder what excuse you’ll make up for him playing.
Look, I'm not disagreeing with your points. They are valid. You're not wrong. But I don't know how you can come here and be so combative to others fans that may have their doubts. Especially after Sharpe and some other small circus crap happening within the program these days. You can be convicted in your faith Bradshaw was planning on playing, but drop the holier than thou act towards others that have legit reasons to doubt.

Last edited:

What kind of threat do you think that is anymore to the program or administration? The fanbase blows up more often than Ukraine or Gaza anymore. Hasn’t it become abundantly clear to everyone that they don’t care? Didn’t anyone listen to the fable, Chicken Little?

And what sort of conspiracy is this? Jeff might tell Reed to stop playing. Like one chance in 100 trillion but hey, with enough tinfoil somebody would believe it. I mean he plays for Cal, right?

That’s how utterly and absolutely profoundly ridiculous this whole matter is. Bradshaw has an injury. They are being cautious for many legitimate reasons that we are NOT entitled to know. If he were my kid I would expect them to be cautious. He’s not Sharpe. You forget, Sharpe ultimately made the decisions for himself. He decided to follow bad council from out perspective. From his perspective, he got rich.

One other aspect of this is that the coaches have zero control of the outcomes. You can’t pull NIL. Pulling a scholarship would be comical. It’s like getting a squatter out of your house. Go about it wrong and all you get is cement in your toilet but the squatter wasn’t your fault.

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
Even if Bradshaw plays this week, when will he actually contribute? He's never played college ball, he's way behind on team chemistry, and probably out of shape. Not to mention the rumblings that he was a little under-developed from what was expected.

He could be a liability for 2-3 months.
I agree with this. And that is why I think he should play the four and leave Mitchell at the 5 on offense in his first few games. See how that works out. He isn't the most physical of players and he is not the best five piece in the world. He should be able to defend the five earlier simply because of heights and he is a good shot blocker

I agree with this. And that is why I think he should play the four and leave Mitchell at the 5 on offense in his first few games. See how that works out. He isn't the most physical of players and he is not the best five piece in the world. He should be able to defend the five earlier simply because of heights and he is a good shot blocker
Interesting. It could work. But I think that would largely depend on the other team's four.

Pilgrim also said earlier tonight that the concerns with Klutch not wanting him to play are no longer an issue. Essentially, seeing Cal be more open to a 5-out style has lessened their concerns about him potentially misplaying Bradshaw. Talks about it just after the 1 hour mark of the following:

So the player/his management can hold the program hostage to play a certain style before he will agree to play? That right there is what is wrong with this situation and all the others like it.

The coach should be doing WHATEVER he needs to do with his players to win the games. It makes the program a complete sham if the players force a certain style or usage. That is basically my biggest issue with how Cal manages our program in a nutshell.

BS. Sharpe, like every other player in college get's to decide if they play or not. He himself decided to listen to the advice of others, that's a choice he had to make for himself. Obviously other people influenced him but at the end of the day he's the one that said he would "100% be here next year" and made that decision.

Doesn't work that way dude. You're absolutely slandering and questioning the integrity of Bradshaw if you're accusing him of coming here and stringing us along with no intention of actually playing. "He's doing it because his agent's in his ear" doesn't change that.
Guess we will see if he plays, and I'll be fine to eat crow.

But my speculation is around the kid being held hostage by Klutch, not the kid making his own poor decision to not play and sit out like Sharpe. I have no idea what the actual situation is, but knowing Klutch originally wanted him to go to USC with James and that other guy (also Klutch kids) , and then hearing Pilgrim say Klutch is no longer a concern/obstacle (why were they ever a concern I wonder??) because they now see Cal's game plan and how Bradshaw will be utilized is, well, smoke around the speculative fire.

People here like to beat on others when they speculate as if they know more than anyone. In your case here, you are posturing like you know "how it works". Have you seen Klutch contracts with these kids? Have you sat in on their discussions about how they "guide" the kids through situations and prepare them for the big bucks in the NBA? In nearly all cases where money is involved, especially today's NIL and other garbage, the easy speculation is that someone on the management side is making the calls, not the kid.

Is it 100% plausible that there is nothing to this related to Klutch holding him back, and the injury is absolutely real and the cause of the delay? Sure. But it's equally plausible that we're looking at another Sharpe situation because the Sharpe situation actually did happen, and for the same reasons people are speculating around Klutch and Bradshaw.

Cal has no obligation to tell the fanbase anything. Those are team matters.

Then simply say that once and for all and be done with it. Say something like “I will have no further comment on any injuries going forward.” Don’t throw out fictitious timelines, or worse, smart-assed remarks like “I haven’t seen him”.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I think we’re all a little traumatized/scarred from the Shaedon Sharpe situation, but I fully believe Bradshaw’s situation is completely different and we will see him play relatively soon. But I have no problem with not rushing him back to playing, especially if Big Z isn’t eligible. He may end up being our only center so if we’re taking it slow, that’s totally fine with me

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Guess we will see if he plays, and I'll be fine to eat crow.

But my speculation is around the kid being held hostage by Klutch, not the kid making his own poor decision to not play and sit out like Sharpe. I have no idea what the actual situation is, but knowing Klutch originally wanted him to go to USC with James and that other guy (also Klutch kids) , and then hearing Pilgrim say Klutch is no longer a concern/obstacle (why were they ever a concern I wonder??) because they now see Cal's game plan and how Bradshaw will be utilized is, well, smoke around the speculative fire.

People here like to beat on others when they speculate as if they know more than anyone. In your case here, you are posturing like you know "how it works". Have you seen Klutch contracts with these kids? Have you sat in on their discussions about how they "guide" the kids through situations and prepare them for the big bucks in the NBA? In nearly all cases where money is involved, especially today's NIL and other garbage, the easy speculation is that someone on the management side is making the calls, not the kid.

Is it 100% plausible that there is nothing to this related to Klutch holding him back, and the injury is absolutely real and the cause of the delay? Sure. But it's equally plausible that we're looking at another Sharpe situation because the Sharpe situation actually did happen, and for the same reasons people are speculating around Klutch and Bradshaw.
Lot of words for "yes, I'm speculating that the kid is lying to us." Not sure why you're so shifty about it when you're also so adamant about it. You are absolutely accusing the kid of lying to us and using us, and pretending that it's not at all a reflection on the kid, I guess to salve your conscience? Just own it dude, you think the kid's a liar. Maybe you'll be proven right. But also recognize the internal contradiction of your argument of "Klutch wanted him at USC and he went against their wishes to come to UK, but now can't play because he can't go against Klutch's wishes."

Reactions: jbne222
So they had concerns initially, which likely explains how this injury has dragged on much longer than it should have. They wanted to see how Cal was going to play before giving Bradshaw the green light.

But be careful, what new injury will crop up if Cal makes even the slightest mistake and pisses off the Klutch Klan? I certainly hope this isn’t the new standard where these marketing companies hold the coaches hostage to get their way.
Of course that's what happened. They wanted Bradshaw to sit out until they saw Cal's new offensive scheme. That's all this is. Klutch protecting their client. BUT DUDE JACK PILGRIM SAID HE'S READY TO START PRACTICING GET READY TO EAT CROW! Lol, yeah because Klutch said he's greenlit to go practice. Watch what happens if Cal goes into his pattened pound the ball to a big man offense late in the year. Bradshaw will suddenly have a tweaked ankle in practice and you won't see him anymore. Cal has pubicily admitted to lying to fans about injuries to protect his players in his book.

What recruit next year isn’t gonna play because of Shaedon Sharpe? What recruit is gonna steal a teammate’s gold chain because Shawn Kemp did? Any answers, maybe we should just assume the worst about all of our players. 🤡
You're being deliberately obtuse...or you're not very bright

It seems like there’s people on this board who are not only orthopedic surgeons, hall-of-fame basketball coaches, CIA agents, but also apparently work for Klutch sports and know all the ins-and-outs of their inner-workings with Aaron Bradshaw, even moreso than the people who are paid to know this stuff! Some true renaissance men on this board - wish I could meet you all in person so I could bow down to your accomplishments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT