ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl possibilities

With SC and Florida now out, thinking that Mayo is still most likely destination . . .

BUT Auburn is only 6-6 with a horrible loss to NM State, and can't imagine A&M at 7-5 would get picked ahead of UK, with an interim coach and likely a ton of opt outs and transfers. Possibly the Gator Bowl picks us at 7-5 coming off an epic win over Louisville, just like they did in 2016. If you don't count 2020, when UK went when no crowds were allowed, Tennessee has been to Gator more recently than UK (at least when normal attendance was possible), and the other teams ahead of us are looking at bigger bowls. But Tennessee would get to choose ahead of us, I am certain of that.

Personally, I would not mind the Vegas Bowl vs. a PAC 12 team or Texas Bowl vs. B12, but Texas nearly always picks a West Division team.

Last edited:
(First part deleted)

Personally, I would not mind the Vegas Bowl vs. a PAC 12 team or Texas Bowl vs. B12, but Texas nearly always picks a West Division team.
It's the Big 10's year at the Vegas Bowl. The slot alternates between the SEC and Big 10.

We only have nine eligible teams this year, and may get 3 in the CFP and G6 games, which I would guess will affect some choices. Lot of lobbying by ADs over the next week is a certainty

Not a bowl we deserve and unfortunately we have to suffer thru more mediocre football because Stoops isn’t leaving now. Sad day for UK football.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
Vegas bowl vs Pac 12 is interesting.

Gets the program on the other side of the Mississippi and exposure to a different market, audience, and potential recruiting base.

We don't get a lot of opportunities to expand the brand outside of Lake Erie commuter schools in the OOC and our SEC schedule.

The Charlotte bowl would be nice. We haven't been since 2019, when we also went 7-5 (Bowden year). That year we played 8-4 Virginia Tech. This year Clemson and UNC are 8-4, and NC St is 9-3. However, UNC played it in 2021 and NC St played in it in 2022. They could go down a rung to Duke and Miami (7-5 teams), which wouldn't be horrible, opponent-wise. Clemson would be the best option though.

As someone said, the Vegas bowl and the Mayo bowl alternate and Charlotte gets the SEC this year while Vegas gets the B10.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Hint.
F500-2020-077-Liberty-Mutual-Insurance.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT