ADVERTISEMENT

Bourbon Folk

CALO222

Junior
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2020
I never really leave HOB so I’ve no clue what kinda threads are in here, but do we have a running bourbon thread for tracking bottles/prices? Also, not sure about CI’s rules on alcohol talk so feel free to delete if necessary mods.

Best pricey stuff - Blantons or Angels Envy
Best middle of the road - Woodford or Bulleit
Best cheap stuff - Old Forrester or Bank Street

Also, Buffalo Trace is solid
I meant more a “where did you find x bottle and for how much” thread lol

• Sad
Reactions: Louis_Skunt
Best pricey stuff - Blantons or Angels Envy
Best middle of the road - Woodford or Bulleit
Best cheap stuff - Old Forrester or Bank Street

Also, Buffalo Trace is solid
For example, Chuck’s down in BG had a WFP SP drop today. 135 with tax. Those kinda tips.

Liq Barn in Hamburg had plenty of McKenna 10 yr for $69 last 2 Saturday's, after not having it for a long time, at least in qty.

Reactions: CALO222
Liq Barn in Hamburg had plenty of McKenna 10 yr for $69 last 2 Saturday's, after not having it for a long time, at least in qty.
HC is always available down in BG these days. Some stores leave it on the shelf.

I just can’t bring myself to give that much for it though. It was a killer $30 bottle, a good $40, but once we started dropping $50 I had to back off.

Sure, so don’t get drunk.

Why not? It can be really funny for those of us who aren't drunk to watch.

Drunk Head First GIF by Barstool Sports
GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz
Drunk On One GIF
Drunk Falling GIF
drunk fail GIF

I meant more a “where did you find x bottle and for how much” thread lol
Buff Trace Distillery have each of Eagle Rare, Blantons, EH Taylor, Weller Special Reserve one day each week. They are for retail prices and not secondary market prices but you are limited to one bottle of each every 3 months. They have Buff Trace almost every day.

I have had it and you are correct. Where can I get a bottle? I tried it at a friends house and loved it.

Keep an eye out for ECBP Private Selections near you. Kroger, local stores, etc. They have supposedly been some fantastic drops from that line this year so far.

They are expensive though. $80 I believe.,
The sarcastic asshole in me wants to say something like “stop being poor” but I’m not.

All jokes aside I get it, $80 for something you’ll run through in a week is no small sum of money. I pay that regularly because I don’t have a lot of hobbies and most of the ones I do have, I’ve already paid for. So my disposable income largely goes to bourbon.

Btw, Florence Costco had Henry McKenna SB BIB 750ml and Knob Creek 1.5L for $60 each on Friday. But I bought the Russell's for $36 again.

Reactions: CALO222
Rooster’s in BG had a killer selection behind the bar tonight. Grabbed a pour of GTS and Col. Taylor BP for $30 total.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT