ADVERTISEMENT

Boom's weight going into this season?

TheySoSensitive

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
Anybody know how much weight he's put on? 215# Boom would be a total nightmare for defenses as he's already shown the ability to run through the multiple NFL draft picks UL had as a 190# true freshman.

Anybody know how much weight he's put on? 215# Boom would be a total nightmare for defenses as he's already shown the ability to run through the multiple NFL draft picks UL had as a 190# true freshman.

I was really surprised how thick he had gotten since his last visit to Athens. Unless he has grown a little taller getting much bigger might not be a good idea for him. Mike Davis at Carolina gained what looked like maybe 15-20 lbs from soph to jr year and it hurt him. Lost a little quickness and the added power/strength didn't help as much as he had hoped. Looking at him, he looked great last year, his game has never been a power game, but I suspect he will be what the coaches want him to be at, or very close.

The staff was gushing about him this spring. He must be carrying good weight to hear the superlatives used about his progress and potential.

I think 5'9" 200 lbs. is a good weight for him. I wouldn't want to see him more than 210. Like Grumpyolddawg said about Davis, even good weight can slow you down. And I don't want to compromise his speed since that is one of our most dangerous weapons.

I think 5'9" 200 lbs. is a good weight for him. I wouldn't want to see him more than 210. Like Grumpyolddawg said about Davis, even good weight can slow you down. And I don't want to compromise his speed since that is one of our most dangerous weapons.

200 lbs is about the limit for Boom, and his frame, I don't see him being able to carry much more than that and maintain his speed and burst, and I doubt last season he was even close to 205. more like 195.

I got 190 by taking his listed weight and subtracting a few pounds from atrophy of a SEC football season.

He isn't super compact like JoJo so I think he'd only profit from going up 10-15lbs(not a chance Korem will allow them to add weight without maintaining flexibility/quickness), if he stays right at 195-200 I think they're going to have to really limit his touches going into conference play. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, pretty awesome to be having a conversation about retaining ability rather than hoping someone is going to be serviceable like when Joker was here.

i thought i read where he was 205 this spring and that he gained a little so he could be a little bit more of an every down back. that being said, jojo and mikel are gonna get carries no matter how good boom is. we've got to keep him fresh and those guys deserve some carries too from the sound of their improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT