ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden

The Minnesota coaching staff must have been miracle workers since Towns was rookie of the month in his first month in the league, and his second and every month since. Makes me wonder why they got fired as soon as the season was over.

You are probably one of a few who saw improvement in Okafor's defense. I didn't see much improvement in any part of his game. He was a good scoring big man who didn't play defense when he got to Duke and he was the same player when he left. Towns came to UK thinking he was a perimeter player and Cal forcing him to become an inside player made him the #1 pick in the draft. If you can't see that, then I'm embarrassed for you.
So Okafor didn't improve at all but was ACC Player of the Year and a 1st Team All-American with the skills he just had in high school? Give me a break lol.

KAT was always the better long-term prospect and once he started shining by scoring in the post in the NCAA Tournament, it became a no-brainer to take him #1 considering his offensive versatility and defensive prowess plus how he fit in with the modern NBA.

Everything else that posters here are saying is just revisionist history.

All that matters is what you accomplish in college and that you get drafted in the lottery. The difference in a few draft positions is irrelevant.

K Rat got a National Championship out of Okafor before he left Durham and that's all that matters.

So Okafor didn't improve at all but was ACC Player of the Year and a 1st Team All-American with the skills he just had in high school? Give me a break lol.

KAT was always the better long-term prospect and once he started shining by scoring in the post in the NCAA Tournament, it became a no-brainer to take him #1 considering his offensive versatility and defensive prowess plus how he fit in with the modern NBA.

All that matters is what you accomplish in college and that you get drafted in the lottery. The difference in a few draft positions is irrelevant.

K Rat got a National Championship out of Okafor before he left Durham and that's all that matters.

What kind of sad, pathetic little man poses as a fan of another team on a message board? If you had any sack at all, you would be straight up and own being a Duke fan. Eat one.

Alright, CUT-NETS, your little charade isn't fooling anyone.

Which one is you?

cameron-crazies.JPG

That was the loudest I ever heard Rupp, been to many games but it was incredible. Glad to have witnessed it.

I was at the game also, wife at the time surprised me with tickets a couple of days before the game. I have never been to any sporting event where the atmosphere was as electric as it was at that game, you could feel it. I'll never forget it.

Reactions: brianpoe
Don't forget about the Plumlees.........

They've been surprisingly effective in the NBA. Mason Plumlee looks to be a major part of the rebuild over in Portland

Yes true, High School player rankings like Scout, ESPN, 247 and Rivals attempt to measure how good a player will be in HS and not the NBA.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2014

Case in point, Tyus Jones is ranked the #7 player when pretty much everyone acknowledged he didn't have much of a future in the NBA due to his small stature and lack of athleticism.

Ulis2Towns is not trying to pass himself off as a UK fan is he? No UK fan refers to Okafor as Jah.
I"ll call him whatever I damn want.

I was really looking forward to KAT schooling Okafor in the final and UK hanging #9.

They've been surprisingly effective in the NBA. Mason Plumlee looks to be a major part of the rebuild over in Portland

Yes true, High School player rankings like Scout, ESPN, 247 and Rivals attempt to measure how good a player will be in HS and not the NBA.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2014

Case in point, Tyus Jones is ranked the #7 player when pretty much everyone acknowledged he didn't have much of a future in the NBA due to his small stature and lack of athleticism.

I"ll call him whatever I damn want.

Ok, tough guy. But you aren't fooling anyone.

Wasn't Okafor projected as the #1 pick in the draft up until the last month or so of the season? And you say it was a no brainer to pick KAT once he started shining in the NCAA Tournament. It sounds like you are now admitting that Cal did a better job of developing KAT's talent than Krzyzewski did with Okafor since was the projected #1 pick until Towns surpassed him with the help Cal's and and coach Payne's coaching.

I've never understood an opposing fan pretending to be a fan of another team. How does that not get old and what exactly are they accomplishing? Anyway, Okafor actually didn't improve much at Duke. He came in as an unbelievably polished post player, an average rebounder and no defense. That's exactly how he left. KAT came in as a elite rebounder and defender with no post game. He left with a post game and was drafted #1 after Okafor was the consensus #1 draft pick most of the year. K is a great coach, but in Okafor's case he didn't help him improve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT