ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Donavon

IMO, he’s the best overall choice. I’ve watched some videos made by Chicago Bulls fans, and they’re not super happy with Billy. Could be another win-win if he comes to Kentucky. He’s not too old or too young, has experience with Kentucky basketball, and is familiar with the SEC. I think he’d do excellent here.

Should BD say yes, Why couldn't someone at UK work the portal in his behalf until the season ends for the Bulls ?

The writings on the wall for Billy and the Bulls. They want him gone almost as much as we wanted CCC's gone. I think he could say yes and just keep it under the table until his season is over
I wonder if he would put a coaching group together in the meantime then and start getting transfer shopping so we’re not losing time…

Reactions: KENTUCKY_FLYER
He's been out of the college basketball game for a while. I think it's a little dicey. Things have changed a lot.
He is a great coach though. Somebody that can build a team and beat Caliparian Arkansas.
Donovan left college cuz he didn't like recruiting. Money talks with recruiting now though. Be easier for him to get signatures now.

No clue why Donovan’s name keeps coming up. The man personally hates UK and there’s nothing that would bring him here.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Billy won't say yes before his team plays in the first round of the playoffs.
Why not. Other coaches have before (I don't know specifically if any NBA ones have).
And it's not like Chicago is a contender, they are 9th in East.

BD is a sexy hire that would energize the fan base but he doesn’t come without a big level of risk. He has been out of college coaching for a long time. Look how much has changed since cal arrived and cal has no effing clue what he’s doing anymore and he’s been along for the ride. BD could easily come here and not do well as a result.

Reactions: meow_cat
Yes, this is what I think. BD has back-to-back NCs. I know he isn't everyone's choice, and maybe he hates KY (based on what someone else said) but he could definitely rally a majority of fans.
BD is a sexy hire that would energize the fan base but he doesn’t come without a big level of risk. He has been out of college coaching for a long time. Look how much has changed since cal arrived and cal has no effing clue what he’s doing anymore and he’s been along for the ride. BD could easily come here and not do well as a result.

No one really knows if he even liked his time here.
His only connection to UK is working for Pitino and that was 30 yrs ago.
Out of the three supposed top choices, I think Billy would produce the least wins years 1 and 2.
In today's CBB environment almost any job is a rebuild.
Idk if Billy really has the passion and the drive for it.
In the NBA he can just coach.

Reactions: meow_cat
The bulls are blowing this nucleus up big time. He’s going to rebuild one way the other. No one really talks about Donovan in Chicago and being stuck in the play in game limbo is an awful fandom.

Right... I mean, almost everything is speculation. We're all just weeing in the wind for the most part.
No one really knows if he even liked his time here.
His only connection to UK is working for Pitino and that was 30 yrs ago.
Out of the three supposed top choices, I think Billy would produce the least wins years 1 and 2.
In today's CBB environment almost any job is a rebuild.
Idk if Billy really has the passion and the drive for it.
In the NBA he can just coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT