ADVERTISEMENT

Big z in portal

Damn. This was one I wanted to see come back, maybe pope can get him back
Him making this gem of a kid leave entirely will be a lasting sore spot for me w CCC as if there weren't enough.
Him refusing to utilize him whatsoever as a five out offensive option was criminal, you know we showed him a lot more love than coach did and loved his threes. I wanted him bag so much.
Cow screwed so many pooches the animal rights groups are gonna target him.
Bye hogwash

That’s exactly it I think. He’s not a for sure One and Done and he is the type than can stay for 2-3 years and be super solid. That’s why we all like him so much.
If he is committed to improving, I agree 100%. I just assume Cal guys are committed to getting to the NBA as soon as humanly possible. That's why they play for him.

Reactions: NociHTTP
That was the price of this hire. I'm going to support pope for sure, but you had to know this hire meant you lost everyone.

This was a certainty when Mitch pulled that trigger. Just remember, Mitch had to make this hire to save this year's roster, despite the fact any sensible person knew his year's roster was lost.

So we'll have BYU guys, Perry, and some other transfers that put nil over NBA draft potential.

Prolly end up somewhere like Purdue or something.

This is why we should have never showed the love we did to these calipari mercs.

Even got a billboard going for him and he bolts first chance he gets.

Gtfo
He hasn't actually bolted...he's just entered the portal....we saw on the football team these guys frequently enter just to get a bump in NIL and end up withdrawing from the portal and staying with the team.....its just business these days

He hasn't actually bolted...he's just entered the portal....we saw on the football team these guys frequently enter just to get a bump in NIL and end up withdrawing from the portal and staying with the team.....its just business these days
Also entirely possible Pope made it known he's looking for guys that wanna be here long term and if your only goal is to get drafted asap this isn't the place for you. Time will reveal what's up

Exactly. It’s just unreal how some flip out and completely melt down at the drop of a hat. Good grief.

Reactions: sefus12
Is it?? Because it's pretty much the reason Cal isn't here anymore...he only wanted kids that were passing through town for a minute. So Pope was hired to correct that situation......it may be wrong.....but i don't think it falls under the category of dumb.
Every player dreams of playing in the NBA.Actually putting out now that you don't want players like that would be a disaster.For all the romance about playing for the name on the front of the jersey guys want NIL and hopes for the NBA more.

we-dont-care.gif

Reactions: NociHTTP
You just have to remind yourself that the university means nothing to these type of kids anymore. They’re only there to further there brand, make a little NIL, and then bolt.

Times have changed. Luckily pope will recruit guys that don’t have that mindset
I know and I hope he can find some but in order to get talent unfortunately just about every player is like that now. Look at Trey Mitchell, he played for 4 universities in 4 years.

I liked Z's upside, but this is just the nature of modern college basketball. He might have gone in the portal even if Cal stayed. Pope needs to bring in an assistant who recruits Europe (like Lloyd) to find more players like Z.

UConn, Duke, North Carolina & Kansas must be drooling, Wish he'd given pope a chance, but it's the nature of the beast Under the right coach (not Cal), he dominates college basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catcatcatcat
I'll never get over Calipari using Big Z as Ugos breather
Omg I know. Then they wonder why NO COACH from ANY school no matter how obscure and understaffed and understarred they may be, fears a CCC team even if full of first rounders. Seems like seniors enjoy beating these freshmen lazy ass weak entitled brats CCC has been throwing out in the floor. I'm 59 and attended during 96 so I know shit effort when I see it and it's CCC culture now. The stain starts from the top.

Hard to believe a guy from Croatia came to play for a coach. Most Croatians dream of playing basketball for Kentucky. We should start recruiting in state only and stop recruiting these “mercs”. If a guy comes here because Mark Pope runs an awesome offense that gives players freedom, I don’t want them. No players with NBA aspirations, just guys who want to entertain the fans and put their futures last.

He wants to go to the NBA. For that, noone is better than cal. If we hire Drew, oats, or pearl (the realistic guys), we maybe keep some. With pope we lose them all. Is what it is.

That was the price of this hire. I'm going to support pope for sure, but you had to know this hire meant you lost everyone.

This was a certainty when Mitch pulled that trigger. Just remember, Mitch had to make this hire to save this year's roster, despite the fact any sensible person knew his year's roster was lost.

So we'll have BYU guys, Perry, and some other transfers that put nil over NBA draft potential.
So show me where Donovan was coming if we just waited for his season to end. Because the best info I’ve seen on Donovan is where Kyle Tucker said he was contacted by UK before pope was hired and Pitino said BD wanted no part of the job.

Not speaking for all of BBN, but the message board contingent has more than its fair share of emotional midgets (being nice there).
This board said it was being updated late the other night after Pope was announced but I think it was temporarily shut down because several were posting Barnhat’s contact info. I saw who they were and was not surprised.

I don’t know why anyone would be surprised. I knew all of this was coming as soon as the hire was made. They hired a guy that absolutely none of the guys have even heard of. Him playing at UK 30 years ago and before they were even born means nothing to them. His coaching record had been average at best outside of this last year. We’ve even got knowledgeable former players like Patterson questioning the hire.

I absolutely can’t stand Shaka Smart but even he would have been a better hire. Players have atleast heard of him and know who he is. I don’t think you guys realize how bad it’s going to get. The absolute worst thing that can happen is Barnhart still being here when the next hire is made. Getting him gone is priority #1.

I don’t know why anyone would be surprised. I knew all of this was coming as soon as the hire was made. They hired a guy that absolutely none of the guys have even heard of. Him playing at UK 30 years ago and before they were even born means nothing to them. His coaching record had been average at best outside of this last year. We’ve even got knowledgeable former players like Patterson questioning the hire.

I absolutely can’t stand Shaka Smart but even he would have been a better hire. Players have atleast heard of him and know who he is. I don’t think you guys realize how bad it’s going to get. The absolute worst thing that can happen is Barnhart still being here when the next hire is made. Getting him gone is priority #1.
I stopped reading at Shaka.

Big Z and JQ will be the starting frontcourt for Arkansas next season
Don't care if it's Ewing and Davis long as CCC is making the decisions well always have a chance to win, with a quick easy zone bwahahahahahha.
The fact that CCC still looks so surprised and perplexed every time he sees it is gold. Like wow 10 years straight of heartbreak still can't teach you!!!!

I know and I hope he can find some but in order to get talent unfortunately just about every player is like that now. Look at Trey Mitchell, he played for 4 universities in 4 years.
He looked great at first and then you could see the real him come out when he didn't have his way. Omg lack of effort, never squatted on defense horrible

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT