ADVERTISEMENT

Big week ahead

mrschwump

All-American
Nov 4, 2006
Players reporting soon and visits/camps this weekend, June 5, 6, 7. Commits maybe? Anyone heard names of visitors?

UK's O recruiting is probably winding down. Imagine they'll take a WR and definitely a JUCO OT. Rest of scholarships will go to the D. Thoughts anybody?

Agree with the O class winding down and probably 2 rides left.

However, I think if they could get Leavitt AND Darius Harper at OT, the staff may be inclined to take both (along with a WR). One for now and one with a high ceiling for later.

I hope they save the WR ride for a highly rated kid, think they can afford to be picky. Also getting the sense (strictly gut) that Wakefield will not be a part of this class. If he is in fact still a take, he would be wise to hurry up and jump on the bus.

Agree with the O class winding down and probably 2 rides left.

However, I think if they could get Leavitt AND Darius Harper at OT, the staff may be inclined to take both (along with a WR). One for now and one with a high ceiling for later.

I hope they save the WR ride for a highly rated kid, think they can afford to be picky. Also getting the sense (strictly gut) that Wakefield will not be a part of this class. If he is in fact still a take, he would be wise to hurry up and jump on the bus.

Another site seems to think Harper may opt for basketball. They seem to be really high on Leavitt and want an experienced LT. The other JUCO, Pridgeon, I don't think has set visits yet. We'll see. I think Wakefield may be a fallback. They probably really want McDoom but may be unable to get him out of Florida. They're pretty high on a JUCO named Mayes I think and he's supposedly visiting this weekend.

Reactions: Cazwheel1072
I think mcdoom is friends with Garrett and that's why he was looking at us. Don't think we are in his top 5 anymore though

Reactions: hunterpapa
Unless it is an absolute stud, not sure why our staff would take another JUCO WR at this point.

We are too loaded at the position in the soph-to-be class (and JUCOs to be next year) already, any additional JUCOs will only add to the massive production that will have to be replaced in that class when they graduate (Montgomery, Baker, TV Williams, Bone, Badet, Garrett Johnson, and K. Ross, unless future injuries cause a RS).

That is a LOT for one class of WRs.

Unless it is an absolute stud, not sure why our staff would take another JUCO WR at this point.

We are too loaded at the position in the soph-to-be class (and JUCOs to be next year) already, any additional JUCOs will only add to the massive production that will have to be replaced in that class when they graduate (Montgomery, Baker, TV Williams, Bone, Badet, Garrett Johnson, and K. Ross, unless future injuries cause a RS).

That is a LOT for one class of WRs.

Every WR I've seen them chase as of late has either been a highly touted in-state receiver, or a 4-star. I see more offensive guards and corner backs in our future.

I tend to agree. The way our depth is unfolding we have a bunch of sophomore and a jucos just puts more in next year's Jr class. I guess if a couple of our sophomore rs then that would even things out a bit but don't know who you'd rs.

If one or two of our WRs breakout this year, I could see some highly regarded recruits considering UK. So far, we have had more of a promise to air it out than any ability. This year should be different.

Reactions: mattrudd
If one or two of our WRs breakout this year, I could see some highly regarded recruits considering UK. So far, we have had more of a promise to air it out than any ability. This year should be different.

A lot of truth to this. Morrow recently mentioned that UK recruiting opponents, unnamed, are telling recruits UK is trying to sell "hope" while they, the opponent, are selling "reality." Sounds like UK's tweaking somebody's nose.

I wonder if Wakefield is waiting too long to decide. I know he wants that Oregon offer but if they don't before July then we could be filled up by then.

I wonder if Wakefield is waiting too long to decide. I know he wants that Oregon offer but if they don't before July then we could be filled up by then.
Do not think he has a committable offer from UK.

Do not think he has a committable offer from UK.
Everything I've read says he's a take. He just killed it at the Midwest camp. Problem is we are probably taking only 1 more receiver and he's not got a guaranteed spot.

Any other new, highly ranked visitors coming in that everybody doesn't already know about?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT