ADVERTISEMENT

Best sports sayings/quotes…

Bum Phillips: "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n..."

John McKay, Tampa Bay Buckners coach when asked about the offensive performance.... “What do you think of your team's execution coach?” To which McKay replied, “I'm in favor of it.”

Reactions: TheBlueCat
the-goon-dodgeball.gif

“You play to win the game.”
“For when the One Great Scorer comes
To mark against your name,
He writes - not that you won or lost -
But HOW you played the Game." - Grantland Rice

"The greatest lesson you learn from sports is how to lose with grace and dignity, without losing your will to win." - Tom Landry

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you an idiot." - Leo Durocher (this is sometimes attributed to Lombardi, but Lombardi's quote is taken out of context to his larger statement)

Reactions: vhcat70
“For when the One Great Scorer comes
To mark against your name,
He writes - not that you won or lost -
But HOW you played the Game." - Grantland Rice

"The greatest lesson you learn from sports is how to lose with grace and dignity, without losing your will to win." - Tom Landry

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you an idiot." - Leo Durocher (this is sometimes attributed to Lombardi, but Lombardi's quote is taken out of context to his larger statement)
Why did you quote me?

@TomCrean: "I am doing great. I have been thinking about you alot since last weekend. A whole lot. How are you doing?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: J_Dee
Bum Phillips: "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n..."
“Because she's too ugly to kiss goodbye”. ~ When asked by Bob Costas why he took his wife on all of the Oilers' road trips

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT