ADVERTISEMENT

best one hit wonder songs

Also from '79... Nick married Carlene Carter, who was smokin hot back in the day and went on to chart herself on the country music side.

Reactions: -Mav-
Considering the talent that was in the band, Buffalo Springfield "For What It's Worth" has to be up there.

Reactions: P19978
I would love to be in a "One Hit Wonder" cover band... would be a blast.
Heck, I'd just love to be able to switch from a "C" chord to a "G" chord to a "D" chord in time with music. Sadly, though, my completely under-developed cerebellum and fingers of stone won't allow it :cry:.

Reactions: argubs2
Sure, Bono is a self-important, pretentious jackass, but if you don't get a chill down your spine when he belts out "well tonight thank God it's them instead of you" then you don't have a soul.

Reactions: dezyDeco
^
Bandaids.gif

That pussy tried to one up me with the second live action movie. Does anyone remember that dumbass song? "GO NINJA GO NINJA GO, GO NINJA GO NINJA GO.....NINJA, NINJA, RAP"....lmfao. What a mouth breathing trailer trash psycho.

I only had to write one song in my life. This is a true one hit wonder. I stepped into the studio and created a cultural phenomenon because I was bored one day. Then I made millions and millions of dollars making award winning, high brow, high IQ, flawless TV comedy with no end in sight really.

Bend the knee.

Sure, Bono is a self-important, pretentious jackass, but if you don't get a chill down your spine when he belts out "well tonight thank God it's them instead of you" then you don't have a soul.

The brunette in Bananarama makes me like the video.

Bet those big ego's hated being told you are backup to Paul Young.

Last edited:
My triumvirate of 80's 1-hit wonders:

"One Night in Bangkok" by Murray Head

"Major Tom" by Peter Schilling

"Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder

I can't believe this thread has gone this long and nobody has mentioned this song. Any cover band in the world can get a huge reaction with the following words...

Josie's on a vacation far away
Come around and talk it over

Reactions: Get Bucket$
This one featured a young, pre-Basic Instinct Michael Douglas on lead vocals...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT