ADVERTISEMENT

Best Milkshakes/Blizzards

Best Shake Around? Blizzards count.

• Total voters

roguemocha

All-American
Jan 30, 2007
Key West
I’ve had all these besides Crank & Boom because I couldn’t find it 🤷‍♂️.

Been on a kick lately and I never eat sweets but sometimes when life drags you down, God provides ice cream.

Personally, I’ll take Freshies all day.

Reactions: K86
I’m partial to the Cherry Chip blizzard but I ain’t turning one down if it has PB Cups in it

Edit: The fact you put McDonald’s on there is laughable. Everyone knows that their milk shake machine is broken.
That’s so true but we’ve all had one, just thought I’d be fair.

Their milk shake machine is like every bartender on the coast’s frozen drink machine, “Sucks man, thing is broken.”

That’s so true but we’ve all had one, just thought I’d be fair.

Their milk shake machine is like every bartender on the coast’s frozen drink machine, “Sucks man, thing is broken.”
Also, is it ice cream that they serve? For some reason I thought it was was custard blend or some bullshit.

Also #2. I never really thought about the fact that the damn ice cream machine may actually work but in reality no one wants to make a shake.

#1 idk
#2 completely true. Your drink will be $13+ either way and they’d rather not run a loud blender while everyone is enjoying their convos.

It's a regional chain in East TN and Southwest VA, but Pal's makes the best peanut butter shake I've ever had, but you can only get them at their two walk-in locations in Kingsport, because they pride themselves on "Sudden Service" at their drive-thru and these shakes take extra time to make.

My FIL used to buy hot dog chili by the container from Pal's so he could always have it on hand.

... and the shakes are fantastic.

Reactions: JDHoss
It's a regional chain in East TN and Southwest VA, but Pal's makes the best peanut butter shake I've ever had, but you can only get them at their two walk-in locations in Kingsport, because they pride themselves on "Sudden Service" at their drive-thru and these shakes take extra time to make.
I have family in Johnson City and they love Pal's. My sister in law tried to get me to get a franchise here in SE KY. 😂

I would like to cast a write in vote for Culvers.

Not on the list here but for me UDF in Cincy area has the best milkshakes and I’m not sure it is particularly close.

Last edited:
Reactions: roguemocha
My brother swears by UDF. I've tried them twice and both times they were runny and tasted kinda watered down.

If you ever find an ice cream shop that serves Hershey’s ice cream a milk shake with a scoop of banana pudding and a scoop of graham central station is the best “treat” I’ve tasted.

Reactions: roguemocha
Ehrler’s chocolate milkshakes were the best back in the day. Does the state fair still have an Ehrler’s set up in Freedom Hall?

Growing up, we made milkshakes at home with Kroger brand chocolate ice cream (chocolate paradise) and skim milk.

Now I like Alden’s dark chocolate chip with some chocolate milk as the mixer. Whole milk works as well.

Dammit, rogue. You’re making me want a milkshake.

Reactions: Keeping the faith
Yes I’m busting balls man. It would be cool to have a localized one like in Hardin county in middle school we had Lakers next door and that was fire

Ehrler’s chocolate milkshakes were the best back in the day. Does the state fair still have an Ehrler’s set up in Freedom Hall?

Growing up, we made milkshakes at home with Kroger brand chocolate ice cream (chocolate paradise) and skim milk.

Now I like Alden’s dark chocolate chip with some chocolate milk as the mixer. Whole milk works as well.

Dammit, rogue. You’re making me want a milkshake.
Damn, Ehrler's brings back memories. Used to deliver milk to our door.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT