ADVERTISEMENT

Best domestic full size truck? Ford, Chevrolet, or Dodge?

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
In your experience, which truck has performed at the highest level for the longest period of time?

I've had a lot of good luck out of the Silverado trucks I've owned.

I personally like Dodge, I've had 3 starting with a 98, 06 and 11. My dad still drives the 98, I totaled the 06, and still drive 11. They've all been solid and no issues at all.
I imagine they're all good and it just falls on what you prefer.
I wonder about the aluminum body Ford trucks. Seems like body work and insurance would be extremely expensive.

I like the Chevy for personal use if you aren't beating it to death. I just got rid of an 04 with 300,000 miles. Had the 6.0 V8

If you work the crap out of them I like Fords, though they always have had garbage front ends. I used to have a fleet of the 250 and 350 vans and several work and flat bed trucks. All 250 or 350s. Most were good trucks.

I think Dodge is junk. Their transmissions and rear ends are suspect and the interiors pieces fall apart. They look good though.

I like the Chevy for personal use if you aren't beating it to death. I just got rid of an 04 with 300,000 miles. Had the 6.0 V8

If you work the crap out of them I like Fords, though they always have had garbage front ends. I used to have a fleet of the 250 and 350 vans and several work and flat bed trucks. All 250 or 350s. Most were good trucks.

I think Dodge is junk. Their transmissions and rear ends are suspect and the interiors pieces fall apart. They look good though.

I've never had a transmission problem out of mine. But I know that was an issue in the 90's. They had less ports for fluid and they would get to hot.

That's been corrected as it was on 06 I had.

I think historically Ford and Chevy are rather comparable. Dodge has been the least consistent.

For modern trucks, I think they're all pretty impressive. I don't really think any one truck is best.....but certainly there are better fits for the individual. The only full sized truck that has been woefully behind in recent times is the Nissan Titan. Nissan has really neglected the segment for far too long. The other manufacturers have pulled way ahead......hence why Nissan is trying really hard to put out the new Titan fast......and to catch up.

Depends on what you're going to use it for. Are we talking a reg cab swb or a crew cab ton packing a big diesel? But everything should last with proper maintenance and every manufacturer is going to have a few vehicles that just have a bad omen. I'm a Chevy guy myself.

For myself currently I would rank my personal fit as:
1. Chevy
2. Ford
3. Dodge
4. Toyota

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT