ADVERTISEMENT

Best band of the 90s?

Switching it up to not bother the funk.

My answer is Alice in Chains. Radiohead and Nirvana are obviously up there for me as well.

RHCP, AIC (Mad Season), Sublime, the Beautiful South, U2, the Cult

There are so many bands...ones not listed yet

Metallica
RATM
Sound garden
Pearl Jam
Foo Fighters

My fav is RATM.

Didn't we do this last week........&the week before that.....

qxb93.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pope John Wall II
If you look on page one of the music thread it originally started based on 90s music

I missed the 90s (1990-1996) completely because of deployments. Can't argue much with whatever y'all say. I helped run a mobile disco in Germany, 1993-1995, and my then-girlfriend accused me of playing too much "underground music" (think: "boot scootin' boogie") back then. How about Ace of Base? Heck, I dunno.

Didn't we do this last week........&the week before that.....

But everyone's opinion might have changed over the weekend. It's why we have to keep checking on favorite movies. Someday, we'll all understand how great After Earth really is.

I like songs by Alice in Chains. There was too much of a metal influence on their songwriting for me though. Nirvana was more in the punk and american underground vein, which is more to my liking. Pavement/Steven Malkmus were a brilliant experimental band and one my all time favorites. Luna (checkout Galaxy 500 also) was another great 90's band that a lot of folks don't know about. Built to Spill, Hudson Bell, Pinback. Just some bands from the era that some of you may not have heard about.

I like songs by Alice in Chains. There was too much of a metal influence on their songwriting for me though. Nirvana was more in the punk and american underground vein, which is more to my liking. Pavement/Steven Malkmus were a brilliant experimental band and one my all time favorites. Luna (checkout Galaxy 500 also) was another great 90's band that a lot of folks don't know about. Built to Spill, Hudson Bell, Pinback. Just some bands from the era that some of you may not have heard about.

I didn't know Pinback started in the 90s. Cool.

I mean I guess they are more associated with the 2000s but they debuted in the late nineties. Still had that 90s sound to me.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I really had no idea they started in the 90s. The first I had ever heard of them was in 2005, I think. I just found out a month ago that Neutral Milk Hotel was a 90s band too. I thought they were circa 2003/2004.

As I have got older, I suck at keeping up with music.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I really had no idea they started in the 90s. The first I had ever heard of them was in 2005, I think. I just found out a month ago that Neutral Milk Hotel was a 90s band too. I thought they were circa 2003/2004.

As I have got older, I suck at keeping up with music.
I wasn't being defensive. Same here for NMH. Also just found out about the inspiration for in the aeroplane over the sea.

Damnn right Spears.

Oderus dunked all over Jesus like he was some common people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT