ADVERTISEMENT

Best Album Art

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet....

GunsNRosesAppetiteForDestruction600-1.jpg

-you have impeccable taste.

-i have all four of those in vinyl. Have a 45 of them covering 8 miles high...blue vinyl, Metal circus as well.

My brother has them on vinyl too. I have them on CD, with burned copies of Metal Circus and 8 Miles High.

I always loved the cracked-letters Husker Du logo. I used to try to draw it when I was bored in class in high school.

Last edited:
Reactions: rudd1
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet....

GunsNRosesAppetiteForDestruction600-1.jpg

I used to hang out at a local independent record store back in the day. I remember the day that album came out - because the store owner and I were going through his new arrivals, and we laughed at that cover and the name of the band. We'd never heard of them, and we thought they were probably terrible. We had no idea they'd be the biggest band in the world just a few months later.

I used to hang out at a local independent record store back in the day. I remember the day that album came out - because the store owner and I were going through his new arrivals, and we laughed at that cover and the name of the band. We'd never heard of them, and we thought they were probably terrible. We had no idea they'd be the biggest band in the world just a few months later.

Took me a while to warm up to G-n-R myself... but not too long! Appetite for Destruction is a debut masterpiece, IMO. Every single song kicks ass, and it was such a departure from the traditional "hair metal" that prevailed at the time of it's release. After a few listens, I said to myself, "Damn, now this is what rock should sound like!" AfD's bare-bones, "underproduced" sound has influenced my musical tastes ever since. Basically sounded like they just plugged into some amps, cranked it to 10, and started recording. They absolutely ruled the music world once Appetite took off! It's a shame egos (and drugs) derailed one of the greatest hard rock bands of my generation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Get Bucket$

Lord knows what you would have thought if Geffen hadn't nixed the cover art G-n-R originally wanted to go with, LOL!

R-2861999-1384243669-5321.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: MegaBlue05
DUUUUUDE!!! Great call — the opening riff to LID is one of my fave 80’s guitar intros ever.

Along with Wanted Man. Dimartini was a bad ass and did not get near the credit he deserves. He, Jake E Lee and George Lynch where 3 of my favorites. yes i grew up in the 80's. graduated HS in 86.

Reactions: -Mav-
What's your issue?

THANK YOU!!!
So .... I do an image search like always

and I pick the pic
(see what I did there??)

We just bought a new MAC so that may be my issue
Where I used to see something like 'visit URL'

II now see "SHARE".....the URL is there to copy

But it only leaves a bloody red X on this site!!

I CANT POST IMAGES ANYMORE!!!!

THANK YOU!!!
So .... I do an image search like always

and I pick the pic
(see what I did there??)

We just bought a new MAC so that may be my issue
Where I used to see something like 'visit URL'

II now see "SHARE".....the URL is there to copy

But it only leaves a bloody red X on this site!!

I CANT POST IMAGES ANYMORE!!!!
I'm not sure about a Mac, I just use my android phone. But what I do is "open pic in new tab" then copy the link from the address bar.

cool topic

there are bands that I DONT LIKE - that had strong album art

Asia was one.....music sucked IMO.....album art always inspired

ARRRGH!!
I can't link pic's anymore!!!

SHEESH!!!

Someone help me!!
Try just right clicking and using Copy. That seems to work in Safari (or it used to)

Truth be told, we’d probably just rather read your description of the covers anyway.

Lord knows what you would have thought if Geffen hadn't nixed the cover art G-n-R originally wanted to go with, LOL!

R-2861999-1384243669-5321.jpeg.jpg

Either Duff or Slash said in one of their books another idea they had was the space shuttle Challenger explosion photo with Appetite For Destruction written somewhere on it. Given the timing and insensitive nature, it was nixed faster than the AFD painting.

Reactions: 420grover
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT