ADVERTISEMENT

Bellarmine @ Kentucky (UPDATE)

Comebakatz3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2008
Just in case you planned on going tomorrow, you might be alone at the ballpark as they have moved the game to Wednesday at 3pm due to the forecast.

Just in case you planned on going tomorrow, you might be alone at the ballpark as they have moved the game to Wednesday at 3pm due to the forecast.
Hopefully that doesnt mean they will throw Pender at us...seems like he is very solid and could give us all we want.

The weekday games start too early considering most people get off at 5pm.

They will start later once we get past daylight savings and into warmer weather. Either way, left field won't be happy dealing with that glare through the stadium.

Hopefully that doesnt mean they will throw Pender at us...seems like he is very solid and could give us all we want.

This is interesting though. We were going to play SEMO, but the weather canceled that and we pick up playing Bellarmine instead. Bellarmine was going to play Murray State Tuesday, but that got postponed because of weather and they pick up playing us on Wednesday. They play SEMO this weekend.

I highly doubt that they pitch Pender against us. It would be a bad idea to throw a guy on short rest this early in the year. He went 6 against Virginia on opening day, I doubt they want to stretch him that far this early. He'll likely start Friday again.

I have three tickets, two rows behind home plate that I can’t use tomorrow. If you are 100% certain you can go, reply with name (required for transfer) and either mobile # or email address and they are yours. FCFS.

I need to head out for a while but I’ll check back later and transfer them then! I will have tickets periodically throughout the season and I just like for them to be used.

BBG

Reactions: Comebakatz3
I have three tickets, two rows behind home plate that I can’t use tomorrow. If you are 100% certain you can go, reply with name (required for transfer) and either mobile # or email address and they are yours. FCFS.

I need to head out for a while but I’ll check back later and transfer them then! I will have tickets periodically throughout the season and I just like for them to be used.

BBG

Thanks for your contribution! It is well appreciated!

Thanks for your contribution! It is well appreciated!
Happy to do it. I live in Louisville and go to as many as I can. Have a son in Lexington who likes to go but has to work. I just hate to see them go unused when we can’t go,

And thank YOU as well. Always enjoy reading your baseball posts, as well as others.

I have two season tickets 12th row just to left of home plate. I can't use them tomorrow or this weekend, so message here or DM and will happily give them away.

By the way, we will see Seth Logue start this game here in about 3 hours. We can watch on SEC Network+ or you can listen on 98.5 Icons on iHeartradio.

I'll get you the full lineup as soon as I know, but I'd venture a guess that it'll be the same as we saw on Friday and Saturday.

In case anyone is at work (like me) and can't see the twitter lineup (like me), here it is:

Ritter SS
Jump RF
Plastiak 1B
Fogel CF
Estep 3B
Anu DH
Harris 2B
Rubalcaba C
Liebert LF

UK looking for outfield/hitting combinations early.

No Thrasher?

Nope. I guess UK liked what Liebert did offensively on Sunday and want to give him a go. Not sure why they chose Fogel over Thrasher given that both have struggled at the plate so far. Thrasher didn't play all that well defensively though, so maybe that is a part.

Still, didn't really picture Fogel as CF.

Getting a horrendous echo on the broadcast.

Might have to listen only. Can't get the video to stop loading every 2 seconds. Silly tmobile.

UK gets out of the First without much issue. Gave up a 2 out single up the middle, but good otherwise.

Ritter walked. Think he drew a full count to get on.

Jump flies out shallow left.

Madison also on the broadcast.

Ritter stole second, but umpires are talking over something. They're going to review I guess to see if there was interference.

No change in the call. Ritter is safe.

Plastiak pops up a pitch into right field, but not deep enough for Ritter to advance. Really high pop up that he got under. Madison says, ‘he just missed it.’

Fogel up now. Fell behind a bit early, but ends up lining out directly to left field. Put great metal on it, but right at someone.

0-0 after 1 full.

For those unaware, apparently Bellarmine is new to D1, having joined the collegiate big leagues just a year ago. They play in the ASun. They were 13-36 a year ago and have started 1-3 this season.

Their leadoff hitter in the top of the 2nd lines one into left for a single.

Grounder to Estep and he dives for it and throws it to first, but Plastiak can’t dig it out of the turf. Might be an error on one of the two. Nope, they rule it a base hit. Pinch runner will take over.

Bunt goes down and everyone moves up on the sacrifice. 1 out.

Dying quail into short right, but Harris is able to run it down out there for the second out.

Logue works his way out of this jam as he gets a strikeout to end the top of the 2nd.

0-0 going to bottom 2.

Reactions: MRobCat589
Not sure how well I can do with a running box score this game, but this is what I got for you so far.

PlayerABHitRun2B3BHRSOBBSBCS
Ritter0
1​
1​
Jump
1​
0​
Plastiak
1​
0​
Fogel
1​
0​
Estep
Anu
Harris
Rubalcaba
Liebert

Reactions: parrott
For those unaware, apparently Bellarmine is new to D1, having joined the collegiate big leagues just a year ago. They play in the ASun. They were 13-36 a year ago and have started 1-3 this season.
Should also be noted that they were not a D2 baseball power either. It wasn't the sport driving the upgrade...but I would be happy if they become successful.

Reactions: Comebakatz3

lol the Bellarmine website has the link to the live stats, but the UK website doesn't. Great stuff there.

Estep and Anu both fly out to begin the UK 2nd. Early swings, Estep on the first pitch.

Harris also swings at the first pitch and grounds out to short.

Easy and quick. Hate that inning. Absolutely hate it.

0-0 going to 3

PlayerABHitRun2B3BHRSOBBSBCS
Ritter
0​
1​
1​
Jump
1​
0​
Plastiak
1​
0​
Fogel
1​
0​
Estep
1​
0​
Anu
1​
0​
Harris
1​
0​
Rubalcaba
Liebert

All sorts of terrible in the top of third. Middle school pop up error where RF should have took charge. CF not hustling turning a single into a double. Now double steal. Just really bad baseball so far.

Jam shot into left center that gets into the gap for a leadoff double by the 1 hole hitter from Bellarmine.

Pop fly and Harris drops the ball. Wind might have pushed that one more than he thought and now runners are on the corners. Jump has to get to that ball. Harris waved him off, but Jump has to take charge there. Should be an error, and it is an error on Harris.

Stolen base for Bellarmine and now runners again at 2nd and 3rd, but this time with no outs.

Grounder behind the runners scores a run and gives Bellarmine the lead and puts a runner at 3rd with 1 out.

Crane rips a base hit into right field to give Bellarmine another run. 2-0 Knights.

Fly ball into center for the second out.

Walk to put runners on 2nd and 1st with 1 out. First walk given up by Logue. Roszel out to have a chat.

Strikeout for Logue to end the top of the 3rd.

Knights - 2
Kentucky - 0

Rubalcaba flied out to right

Liebert walks.

Ritter lined one down the line. Runners on the corners.

Dying liner at short caught by the ss and they double off Ritter.

2-0 Knights

Logue working quick this inning. 3 pitch K, a dribbler he takes himself for a tag out. Top of the lineup up again for Bellarmine. Then another K. Think that's 5 for him.

Plastiak up. He flies out.

Fogel pops up in the infield and the SS comes in hauls it in for the second out.

Estep flies out to left. Pretty deep fly, just short of the warning track.

UK down 2-0 after 4 full.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT