ADVERTISEMENT

Bama's trouble finding a new coach highlights how blue blood programs in college sports aren't the draw they used to be.

Bama may have struck out on every one of their top targets. Guys at good but not great programs like Oregon are staying put. Everyone is always so sure when Cal leaves we can lure a guy like Drew or Lloyd, but I really don't think it's as easy as people think. Being at the level of a Oregon football or Baylor basketball has incredible job security and guys like Drew will have the court named after them when they leave. Why leave a great situation to put yourself into a pressure cooker where it takes very little to be on the hot seat? Especially if you've always proven you can win where you are, like Drew has at Bayl

Bama may have struck out on every one of their top targets. Guys at good but not great programs like Oregon are staying put. Everyone is always so sure when Cal leaves we can lure a guy like Drew or Lloyd, but I really don't think it's as easy as people think. Being at the level of a Oregon football or Baylor basketball has incredible job security and guys like Drew will have the court named after them when they leave. Why leave a great situation to put yourself into a pressure cooker where it takes very little to be on the hot seat? Especially if you've always proven you can win where you are, like Drew has at Baylor.
what makes you think they were having trouble finding a coach? some BS rumors on the internet? they got their number 1 target whether you like it or not

Reactions: Mulder14
Lanning and Norvell turned it down. There were rumors of Sark and he signed an extension last night. They're current target is DeBoer. If that doesn't work they might be in legit trouble.
DeBoer is 104-12 as a head coach and beat Oregon 2 times this yr- excellent coach- I live on the west coast and have watched them play numerous times- only concern is can he recruit the same as Saban and I think he can given the "Bama" name- their offense will be much better

Reactions: Fox2monk
Post was made in haste as bama took 48 hours to hire a coach and from all accounts Deboer was their #1 choice so they got exactly who they wanted.

Last edited:
Bama may have struck out on every one of their top targets. Guys at good but not great programs like Oregon are staying put. Everyone is always so sure when Cal leaves we can lure a guy like Drew or Lloyd, but I really don't think it's as easy as people think. Being at the level of an Oregon football or Baylor basketball has incredible job security and guys like Drew will have the court named after them when they leave. Why leave a great situation to put yourself into a pressure cooker where it takes very little to be on the hot seat? Especially if you've always proven you can win where you are, like Drew has at Baylor.
They just got the coach from the National Championship game lmfao.

Lanning and Norvell turned it down. There were rumors of Sark and he signed an extension last night. They're current target is DeBoer. If that doesn't work they might be in legit trouble.
To say they turned it down is not fair. They just didn't want to interview and said don't consider me.

BCG, while not right for UK, was a night and day improvement over Tubby.

Season 4 Office Tv GIF by The Office

and I don’t understand this at all. My first and only call would have been to Lane Kiffin.
None of these other guys know how to win in the SEC and it truly is different.

Bama may have struck out on every one of their top targets. Guys at good but not great programs like Oregon are staying put. Everyone is always so sure when Cal leaves we can lure a guy like Drew or Lloyd, but I really don't think it's as easy as people think. Being at the level of a Oregon football or Baylor basketball has incredible job security and guys like Drew will have the court named after them when they leave. Why leave a great situation to put yourself into a pressure cooker where it takes very little to be on the hot seat? Especially if you've always proven you can win where you are, like Drew has at Baylor.
Can you please come back and put an end to this thread and acknowledge how stupid of a post this was. You can’t post something stupid, be proven wrong within a days time and then just disappear.

I’m not sure how much of a target they were. It’s like Rick Barnes taking his name out of consideration for the Bama job.

Saban likely didn’t up and abruptly retire, there was probably a plan in place complete with his replacement already decided on.

This. More and more it looks like deboer was their target all along and he was hardly a strike out. He's as close to a sure thing as there is for bama.

That said, not sure there is a basketball version of him. Also I agree on the general notion that replacing a legend is difficult from a program perspective because it's a risk. Even replacing a very good coach is a major risk unless you have a proven quantity ready to sign on the line

At my day job we had this lady who basically did it all.

They fired her during the middle of our audit.

Point being. Everyone is replacable lol

Real question is do u upgrade or downgrade by doing so lol

In terms of Cal I just wish Cal lovers would concede the point that it could go very well and Cal haters should acknowledge it could also go very wrong

At my day job we had this lady who basically did it all.

They fired her during the middle of our audit.

Point being. Everyone is replacable lol

Real question is do u upgrade or downgrade by doing so lol

In terms of Cal I just wish Cal lovers would concede the point that it could go very well and Cal haters should acknowledge it could also go very wrong
2010 to 2015 Cal probably is irreplaceable.

2021 to 2023 Cal is easy to replace.

Things are rolling this year but we judge based on March/April.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
When it comes to college football vacancies pay close attention to who is repping the guys getting leaked as candidates. Most are Sexton clients that end up with a nice raise. Barnhart has feel victim to this several times and it's part of the reason we are severely overpaying our football coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT