ADVERTISEMENT

Awesome attitude from Dilly

This should be plastered on all the threads about Dilly right now. That’s great to hear because he will have his time to shine eventually.
No doubt, he's a 5-star talent for a reason. He has a lightning quick first step and has an excellent pull-up jumper. His defense is also very good. He will get his shot, maybe tomorrow.

I love this attitude. If a team is going to be great, this is the kind of attitude everyone must have. And to be honest, last year's team struggled with some attitude issues from what I've read. They could have been better than they were but the attitudes and relationships weren't good, and it cost them.

This is a Dream Team if you will at UK; tons of young talent, veterans with talent as well and a few players that could end up great by seasons end. Its a deep team with everything you want, size, speed, quickness, defensive stoppers, 3 point makers, drivers to the basket.

Enjoy it because it may be a while before we see another quite like it at UK.

This team is already looking “special” to me and I honestly think, barring the injury bug, will break UKs long FF and Championship droughts.

Last edited:
No doubt, he's a 5-star talent for a reason. He has a lightning quick first step and has an excellent pull-up jumper. His defense is also very good. He will get his shot, maybe tomorrow.

I love this attitude. If a team is going to be great, this is the kind of attitude everyone must have. And to be honest, last year's team struggled with some attitude issues from what I've read. They could have been better than they were but the attitudes and relationships weren't good, and it cost them.
He has a great attitude, but the problem usually isn't the players it's the people around them saying they should be playing more.

Love me some Dilly. Kid has a great attitude and just seems like a real happy young man. Always cheesing in his interviews. Like he said, we have so many great guards that one of them can have an off night and it doesn’t hurt us. Man that is such a luxury… feels like forever since we’ve had that. There will definitely be nights when Rob is balling out and DJ or Reed or even Antonio are struggling.

This is a Dream Team if you will at UK; tons of young talent, veterans with talent as well and a few players that could end up great by seasons end. Its a deep team with everything you want, size, speed, quickness, defensive stoppers, 3 point makers, drivers to the basket.

Enjoy it because it may be a while before we see another quite like it at UK.

This team is already looking “special” to me and I honestly think, barring the injury bug, will break UKs long FF and Championship droughts.
Dam I hope your right HH

It’s amazing that a few weeks ago we only had 7 guys. Now I’m wondering if Cal can keep everyone happy with only 200 minutes to distribute to all this talent.

It’s amazing that a few weeks ago we only had 7 guys. Now I’m wondering if Cal can keep everyone happy with only 200 minutes to distribute to all this talent.
I thought Dillingham played poorly on Wednesday. Today he didn't finish but I thought his floor game was much, much better. It was sort of like a light had come on. Dillingham has elite quickness and will be needed this year. His positive attitude is a sign of character and I hope he remains patient. Based on what I have seen so far, Dillingham will have to play behind Sheppard and Wagner, but I still think he will have a very important role on this team.

Absolutely true.

Is Hart injured? Or just everyone is just playing better? Not knocking him just haven't seen him out there on the floor.

I mean, somebody is gonna ride the bench. He hasn't taken a shot in 3 games. I think he could be a good piece next year. Hopefully he's able to get 5-8 mpg this year and make some progress.

I thought Dillingham played poorly on Wednesday. Today he didn't finish but I thought his floor game was much, much better. It was sort of like a light had come on. Dillingham has elite quickness and will be needed this year. His positive attitude is a sign of character and I hope he remains patient. Based on what I have seen so far, Dillingham will have to play behind Sheppard and Wagner, but I still think he will have a very important role on this team.
I think it's easier to have a positive attitude when it's just exhibition games, and you've likely got people in your ear telling you that. We'll see where he's at as we get into the season.

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Sec bball can be like sec football. It's a grind with crappy refs. Dilly will be needed and get his chances to shine. Can't have enough good guards.

I mean, somebody is gonna ride the bench. He hasn't taken a shot in 3 games. I think he could be a good piece next year. Hopefully he's able to get 5-8 mpg this year and make some progress.

Hart should get his chance in the early cupcake games. Like all the other players, he just needs to show Cal that he can bring energy and defense. If his shots are falling that’s a plus. Just play hard in the (limited) minutes you’re given, so Cal knows he can count on you.

Hart could have been playing a lot at a school like UCF. Choosing Kentucky tells me that he’s willing to have some patience if it means playing on the biggest stage. His time will come, even if it isn’t this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT