ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn Basketball the New Michigan Football? Spy reports.

Makes you wonder how many times UK has been sniffed out.

Also, I’m kind of for the all out embrace of spying and espionage in sports. It’d add a whole new layer of intrigue, but it’d give Virginia an unfair advantage given the amount of spooks in the state.

Cheating has become so commonplace in college hoops that I don't even raise an eyebrow anymore. I mean seriously, nothing surprises me anymore.

The only think I feel certain about is this: If it were UK & Cal that were caught cheating in some minimal fashion, the outrage would be over the top.

Cheating has become so commonplace in college hoops that I don't even raise an eyebrow anymore. I mean seriously, nothing surprises me anymore.

The only think I feel certain about is this: If it were UK & Cal that were caught cheating in some minimal fashion, the outrage would be over the top.
Teams always try to get away with stuff, but agree if Cal and UK did it. ESPN Headlines

Yeah! Pisses me off to this day!

I’ve always thought the whole thing was a little overblown. Don’t get me wrong… it was a stupid thing for Tubby to do, and it definitely gave UAB an advantage they wouldn’t have otherwise had. But Anderson’s thing was always “40 minutes of hell”. They turned us over 16 times and had 9 steals. We were just too careless with the ball that day… just not prepared.

I’ve always thought the whole thing was a little overblown. Don’t get me wrong… it was a stupid thing for Tubby to do, and it definitely gave UAB an advantage they wouldn’t have otherwise had. But Anderson’s thing was always “40 minutes of hell”. They turned us over 16 times and had 9 steals. We were just too careless with the ball that day… just not prepared.
I get what you are saying but knowing our plays and game plan had to help with those steals and turnovers.

Reactions: grevey35
Basketball isn’t like football. It’s not like you run 40 different plays in 60 offensive possessions. It’s not like teams put in 20 new sets for every team they face. Heck, when I played, we watched enough film on our conference opponents that we could tell you where they were going every play down the floor. But knowing what’s coming and defending it are two different things. Especially when it runs through and a man takes you off the dibble.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I get what you are saying but knowing our plays and game plan had to help with those steals and turnovers.

That uab team wasn’t even that good. They got merc’d by Kansas the next game. We probably beat them by double figures if not for Anderson knowing our game plan.

I don’t think it was necessarily dumb of Tubby. He let Richardson sit in out of good faith and friendship. Tubby was just a good dude. Richardson essentially stabbed him in the back and laughed about it afterwards. Richardson was a world class A-hole. One of tubby’s flaws was he was just too nice.

Nolan Richardson is who started it and we were the victim. Speaking of which whatever happened to the UAB Coach he was cheating for? The Coach's name escapes me.

OTS had a lot of great qualities. Intelligence wasn't really one of them.

No what he had was trusting others and not trying to put them in a box... That is a great quality to have, if you can't trust someone around you there is no reason to have them around... I would think Tubby learned a lesson from this back stabbing he took from Richardson...

GBB

Also, I’m kind of for the all out embrace of spying and espionage in sports. It’d add a whole new layer of intrigue, but it’d give Virginia an unfair advantage given the amount of spooks in the state.
Zero reason to ever spy on Kentucky basketball, every Benny sitting at home knows exactly what Cal is going to do and like clockwork he does it.

To beat UK, you just have to outplay our players because we’re never going to outsmart an opponent.

Oh I’m sure the FBI doesn’t mind wasting time doing that either as pathetic as they are these days.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
That could have easily been the difference in the game honestly, especially knowing our strategy to attack them. We lost by what 2?

Basketball isn’t like football. It’s not like you run 40 different plays in 60 offensive possessions. It’s not like teams put in 20 new sets for every team they face. Heck, when I played, we watched enough film on our conference opponents that we could tell you where they were going every play down the floor. But knowing what’s coming and defending it are two different things. Especially when it runs through and a man takes you off the dibble.
I agree mostly, if you don’t have the players to do it, in basketball it’s really hard to have an advantage.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
I agree mostly, if you don’t have the players to do it, in basketball it’s really hard to have an advantage.
No joke. I watched a high school team last week who had an assistant that didn’t watch the game when one team was on offense and faced the opposing coach. When a play was called, he would turn and tell the players the play, where the ball was coming and how to guard it. This happened any time they were in a half court set. They were #2 in their region & playing the #1. They kept it close but still got beat.

No what he had was trusting others and not trying to put them in a box... That is a great quality to have, if you can't trust someone around you there is no reason to have them around... I would think Tubby learned a lesson from this back stabbing he took from Richardson...

GBB
Really long way of saying a man in his mid-50s learned not to be naive. But sure.

7aY83Fs.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT