ADVERTISEMENT

At least we aren’t Auburn. Good grief

Rockfly78

Senior
Nov 20, 2014
They got smashed at home by New Mexico st.

Talk about a fall from grace. Auburn is proud football school. With a recent title and 5 star kids coming in every year. How does this happen at a place like that?

Reactions: Girthang
I didn't think Jerry Kill was still coaching. Good win for him. I hope his health problems are behind him.

Reactions: K86
This game was the most lopsided win for an underdog since the FCS/FBS division in 1978.

Coming in as 25.5 point dogs, the Aggies won by 21 points!

New Mexico State had never defeated a P5 school. They’ve been to only two bowl games since 1964, and lost at UK 62-42 in 2016.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Dallas-Wild

Talk about a fall from grace. Auburn is proud football school. With a recent title and 5 star kids coming in every year. How does this happen at a place like that?
It must be the fans fault for accepting it from what I'm told about big time football. The smart thing to do at a place with their resources and tradition would be to fire the coach every year unless they reach Atlanta. At least that's what they tell me.

Reactions: The-Hack
I'd have taken a loss to nmsu yesterday if it meant a national title in 2010.

Definitely a horrendous loss for auburn though. They would have been 7 and 4 going into bama if not for that loss. Now they are gonna finish 6 and 6. Freeze might do something there though but will take time and won't be easy.

Now they are gonna finish 6 and 6. Freeze might do something there though but will take time and won't be easy.
I saw a local news post-game show.

The young lady reporter finished with, “and if Auburn does upset Alabama, it will be Auburns first seven win season since 2019.”

Wow. We have to beat either U of L or a minor bowl opponent to win seven games in a very disappointing season.

I looked it up: I had lost track of how they’ve struggled for half-a-decade.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild

They had 2 awful classes back to back with the Boise St coach was there, Harsin or something like that. He was convinced is X's and o's could beat your Jimmy's and Joe's and didn't bother to recruit. Freeze and Yella Wood guy are changing that, buying recruits being legal now Auburn is tampering withe everyone's roster just to be cheating.

Reactions: Rockfly78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT