ADVERTISEMENT

Football As of right now...

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
At my last check late afternoon, early evening just recently there was a belief that the deal for Coen had not been hammered out with the Bucs yet. That was the case earlier today.

Could be related to financials. That is the speculation I have heard.

Would still imagine the most likely scenario is still that he moves on. When you have been linked to so many jobs in quick succession here so late, now in February, that has to be the assumption.

I've spoken with folks and they are not worried about the junior day. "We've been in this situation before," was the refrain. "We've gotten plenty of guys when there is coordinator uncertainty."

Seems like all three major quarterbacks (Vandagriff, Boley, Saunders) seem like they're in a good place with everything going on. Still think UK's in great shape with Martels Carter Jr. Hearing the expectation is perhaps multiple commitments in the period of time after the weekend coming up.

If he does move on, UK probably needs to take a look at a guy with extensive college OC experience who has been used to coming in to new places every couple of years, because there will be a quick turnaround with spring practice, a new starting QB, etc. That is my opinion and I know it is shared by some.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News