ADVERTISEMENT

Article on Knecht & Sheppard

There’s so much wrong with this post. First, equating white athletes to high IQ and black athletes to street ballers is the type of stereotyping that caused the dude to write the article to begin with. And secondly, the current influx of successful Euro players into the NBA has more to do with NBA rule changes than the Euros being vastly more skilled than American players. In case you haven’t noticed, the current state of officiating in the NBA almost exclusively advantages the offensive player. If the Euros had to play under the defensive pressure and physicality of the league 20-30 years ago, many would be riding the bench. They wouldn’t be able to compete due to a lack of athleticism.
Larry Bird says "Hello"! He wasn't athletic and I don't remember him riding the bench.

Larry Bird says "Hello"! He wasn't athletic and I don't remember him riding the bench.
He was also 6'9-6'10 and one of the greatest ever. And I was a Laker fan in the early-mid 80's before giving up following NBA.

Reactions: ACT ONE
I don't think Reed will go top 5. I think somewhere in the 8-12 range. Which is still really good.
But I think his lack of strength to go along with lack of quickness will make it hard for him his first year or two to find the court much. So hope whoever takes him is patient. Will eventually be good.

Race is arguably the single greatest red herring used by American politicians and media to push certain agendas. The idea that anyone can or should be judged, in any capacity whatsoever, by the color of their skin has absolutely zero foundation in science or common sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT